What is it, short answer:
Broker LootType displays information about the current loot method, the quality threshold and provides access to changing both.
What is it, not so short answer:
Broker LootType is a small addon that uses LibDataBroker, a library developed to allow display independent access to information and functions.
The information provided by Broker LootType are:
What is the current loot method. If you are in a group or a raid, it will display the mode, in example: "Free for all".
If you are solo, it will just display "Inactive".
What is the current loot threshold. Besides the method, there is also a switch to change the quality at which the method will trigger.
This is shown as a colorcode, the same as the item quality color.
Example: Purple for epic items.
A tooltip on mouse over, that displays the same information. Additional if the loot method is set to master looter, it will display the name of that character.
The functions provided by Broker LootType are accessed by simply right clicking it in your display addon.
A menu is then shown where you change the loot method and the threshold.
Be aware that this only works while grouped and if you have the appropriate rights to change these settings.
Broker LootType was inspired by LootTypeFu by Roartindon/Silvermoon.
I recently switched from FuBar to a LibDataBroker display addon but missed the LootTypeFu, therefore i wrote my own plugin.
- Fixed master looter
- TOC Bump
- TOC Bump
- The radio buttons in the dropdown menu now also indicates the current loot method/loot threshold
- Big version jump without any new functions, I'm keeping it minimal because I don't need more features.
- Updated libraries
- Now uses the table that is passed by blizzard
- Event handling simplyfied, more stuff is moved to the time the addon actualy is loaded
- Added support for MMOUI Minion
- TOC Bump for patch 3.3
- Next release will be refactored for the new parameters blizzard passes to addons
- Updated TOC
- Missed zhTW translation, thanks jyuny1.
- TOC Updated to match patch 3.1, all cool kids are doing it!
- Using PLAYER_LOGIN instead of PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD now.
- Removed debug message that was left in, sorry.
- Improved usage of UIDropDownMenu
- Added deDE translation
- Updated AceLocale-3.0
- There was an error with getting the name of the master looter.
I never noticed it because the master looter was either me or we had ffa/group.
Yeah, it's that stupid...
- Minor code cleanup
- Delayed the first call for the initial text update till PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD, as it always should have been.
- Added translation for koKR
- Removed icon, now using the one that is already present in the Blizzard UI
- Fixed type definition for the the dataobj
- Fixed logic that determined if we are in a party/raid.