QuestClicks is a lightweight addon which will automatically generate a bar of buttons containing any "Usable" quest items (as well as items that match a number of other criteria if you wish) that you possess. The buttons are updated automatically when your inventory changes, and both your characters bag slots and the items you have equipped.
I wrote this addon because while leveling in WoLK there are a bazillion quests where the quest giver hands you something that you have to go somewhere and "use". Throwing parachutes to soldiers, planting acorns in dead dragons, etc, etc, etc. QuestClicks removes the need to dig through your inventory looking for these quest items by creating a bar of buttons that simply contains a button for up to 12 such items in your inventory.
Additionally, QuestClicks has evolved to support several new features:
Exclusion List - Items that you don't want to show up on the bar, even if they would meet other criteria
Extras List - Items you DO want to show up on the bar, even if the don't normally meet the criteria
Conditional Items - These are groups of items that show up if you have enough of them, and sometimes only if you have a particular skill. For example, Motes of XXX, and Crystallized XXX show up for everyone if you have 10 or more in your inventory. Ore shows up if you have 5 ore more AND have the Prospecting skill. Conditional items are broken down into categories that can be individually enabled or disabled.
Using the Exclude and Extras Lists
I hope to add GUI configuration elements for these lists at some point, however at the moment they are managed via slash commands. To add an item to the Extras list, type:
/qclicks addextra [itemlink]
to add an item to the exclusion list, type:
/qclicks exclude [itemlink]
items can be removed from these list with:
/qclicks removeextra [itemlink]
and /qclicks unexclude [itemlink]
See the Change Log for info on new features and bug fixes.
New in V1.16:
Updates to the configuration panel. New buttons on the panel that inventory items can be "dropped" on to add/remove them from the extras/excludes lists. Picking an item up from your inventory and dropping it on the QuestClicks anchor frame (the one that says "Clicks") will add the item to your Extras list.
New in V1.15:
Rewritten button updating routines to further help with optimization and attempt to eliminate the "stutter" that can occur when looting items. Hopefully everyone will see a big improvement here.
Also some code cleanup.
New in V1.14:
Quest Starter Item Notification : When you loot an item that begins a quest, Quest Clicks will display an alert message (In the UIErrorsFrame, the Chat Window, and MSBT, SCT, or Parrot if installed), and play a sound. This makes it harder to pick up a Quest Starter item and not realize it until you have left the area Notification is on by default, but is configurable in the options panel
Additionally, Quest Starter items will have a green asterisk (*) where you would normally see the item quantity on the QuestClicks bar.
New in V1.13:
TOC Update for patch 3.1, checks to prevent "SetHyperlink" errors, and a new scan caching system to reduce stuttering from Tool Tip scanning.
New in V1.12: Padding option added to interface panel, New Quest Starters category that will make buttons for "This item begins a quest" items, updated item detection mechanism to catch more items
The following categories are defined:
Additions : Items that, due to strageness with the Blizzard API, don't show up automatically, even though they should. These are all based on user feedback, so if you come across a usable quest item that doesn't automatically show up, please post it so I can expand the list.
Combines : Outland "Motes" (10), Northrend "Crystallized" (10), and Enchanting Essences (3) (not skill limited, since anyone can combine)
Quest Starters : Items that have the text "This Item Begins a Quest"
If anyone has suggestions for other categories, please post them. They are very easy to add, and the configuration page will generate the checkboxes for them automatically.
- Corrected a bug with the new caching system that was preventing combinable/tradeskill items from working properly.
- Corrected bug that was preventing QuestClicks from loading if you don't also have ButtonFacade
- Really added Cataclysm Ore and Herbs this time... Don't know where I got the Item IDs I used in 1.24 :)
- Added "Tahret Dynasty Mallet" to the default inclusion list as it is not being detected properly.
- Small change to the way LibButtonFacade is detected to attempt to resolve issues with addons that include older versions of the LibButtonFacade library.
- New caching system for item evaluation results that should eliminate/vastly reduce any noticable stutter when picking up items.
- Added Cataclysm ore items to the prospectable list, herbs to the millable list, and enchanting essence to the combinable list.
- New method of detecting quest items that are not flagged as Quest Items by Blizzard. This should cause the bar to automatically display items that were not displaying for some Cataclysm quests.
- Update to correct issue introduced by BAG_UPDATE event changes in patch 4.0.3. QuestClicks should no longer cause unreasonably long zoning times with the 4.0.3 client.
- Updated for Cataclysm/Patch 4.0.1 (Updated usage of "this" and frame creation)
- Removed the startup spam accidently added in the 1.20 build.
- Added some items from the Worgen starting area that were not showing up on the bar.
- Fixed addon not properly responding to being disabled after logging out/back in.
- Added the ability to specify a number of buttons per row/column (depending on bar orientation). Settable in the config.
- Corrected a bug causing errors to be thrown when displaying the contents of the extras/exlcusion lists.
- (Partially) corrected the problem of the bar resetting to the center of the screen when the addong has been disabled/reenabled. This still isn't perfect (the bar may move a small amount) and it may require that you reset the bar's position the first time after updating to Version 1.20+
- Fixed a bug that prevented item counts from updating properly when reducing from 2 to 1.
- Fixed a load order issue in TOC file that could cause trouble if QuestClicks was the only addon you are using.
- Updated TOC for Patch 3.3
- Fixed bug in 1.17 that was preventing milling/prospecting from working properly.
- TOC Update for patch 3.2
- Converted the internal additions lists (Additions, Trades, Combines) to use Item IDs instead of names. This reduces the size of the addon considerably, as it is no longer necessary to store the (often long) full names of the items and it is also not necessary to have them in the localization file with their translations. Added benefit that new items in the lists won't break translations.
- Beginnings of support for Key Binding to the most recently used button, but it is not activated yet because I'm not happy with the implementation so far.
- Minor update to resolve an issue that could potentially result in "nil comparison" error messages.
- Moved the update history to "Update_Log.txt" and out of QuestClicks.lua
- Typing /qclicks without any parameters now opens the GUI configuration panel.
- Added "drag and drop" buttons in the GUI panel for adding and removing items to the Exclusion and Extras lists.
- Reworked the layout of some elements of the GUI panel to accomodate new buttons.
- Extras and Excludes lists now use Item IDs internally instead of links. Recommend that you clear your lists (but not 100% necessary)
- If you have an item on your cursor and you drop it on the Anchor Frame, it will be added to the Extras List.
- BUGFIX: "Quest Starters" and "Quest Starter Alerts" always resetting to On upload loading has been fixed.
- BUGFIX: Cooldown overlays will now move properly with their buttons when items are inserted into the QuestClicks bar.
- BUGFIX: If you have more than one stack of an item that appears on the QuestClicks bar, only one button for that item will be created.
- Reformatted some code, cleaned things up a bit. Expanded some commenting. Removed unused code
- New button creating code to optimize the addon. Buttons that don't change are not "recreated" each cycle.
- Rewrote the way the inventory is scanned to eliminate multiple loops. Keyring and Inventory are treated as bags now
- Removed the old (pre V1.10) profile variables.
- Included localization updates from Xandokan, and a couple of items that weren't triggering buttons (because of the way WoW displays them)
- Added "Quest Starter Notification", alerts you when you pick up an item that starts a quest
- Quest Starter Items will now be marked with a green "*" where you would see quantity text for stackable items
- Check for validity of itemLink passed to QuestClicksItemHasUseClause
- Implemented caching of items after scanning their tooltips to improve performance
- TOC Update for patch 3.10
- Added "Padding" between buttons, from 0 to 20 pixels. Settable via the Blizz-Options Panel
- New Category: Quest Starters - Add anything that says "This Item Begins a Quest" to the bar
- Added additional detection for Quest items via scanning for "Use:" in tooltips of items flagged as "Quest"
- Removed Pre 1.10 configuration variables from SavedVariables
-Corrected some problems with my own guesses at French translation (Thanks again, Laumac... I'm sure I've got more :))
- Fixed the /qclicks resetpos command to actually move the bar
- Remove the spammy debug message about prospecting/milling macros
- Added a "Reset Position" button to the Options Panel
- Added French translations for Milling Herbs
- Added support for Milling (similar to Prospecting)
- Milling and Prospecting now create "Macros" that will mill or prospect the item on the button
- Added optional support for ButtonFacade
- Should be more intelligent about placement of the tooltip window to avoid overlapping the bar
- Converted SavedVariable storage to a single Profile variable. Old variables will be removed in 1.11
- Note: The French localization for Milling and Herb Names will be updated in the next version.
- Added localization capability and French translation (provided by Laumac)
- Added the Key Ring as a supported search container (Defaults to off)
- Added a configuration GUI, accessible via the Blizzard addon options system.
- Reconfigured what used to be called "collapsibles" into a more flexible format.
- Added "Additions", "Combines", and "Trades" categories
- It is now possible to right-click the title frame to collapse the QuestClicks bar
- Items your character is wearing are now possible inclusions in the QuestClicks bar
- Major refactoring of several code sections, including the item evaluation and button creation code
- Cleaned up the formatting of the source via text editor changes
- Added buttons for "Collapsible" items (motes, crystallized, and enchanting essences)
- Made sure Anchor status is updated when reloading the UI/logging back in
- Only respond to Mouse Up events to prevent "double activating" items
- Added "extras" list (/qclicks addextra (itemlink), /qclicks removeextra (itemlink), etc) for items that the detection routine doesn't pick up automatically
- Added stack size information for any stackable item you have more than one of
- Added the ability to lock the bar's location with the "lock" command
- Added the ability to hide the anchor (title) frame with the "anchor" command
- Figured out why right clicks weren't working and enabled them
- Resolved a bug that would sometimes result in a UI error about setting the tooltip to empty
V1.03 - Added Scaling
- /qclicks scale # (Where 1 is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) sets button size
- Cleaned up positioning of buttons in left and right orientation
V1.02 - Added a few new features:
- Cooldown display on items
- Exclude list (/qclicks exclude, /qclicks unexclude, /qclicks clearlist, /qclicks list)
V1.01 - Fixed a bug in the /qclicks direction command
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com