My version of Blizzards' tutorial "Show Me The Money!" This version is stripped of all the useless stuff, has a movable minimap button to toggle, will always show your total amount of money (unless hidden), and you can grab money from it to give to another character (trading/beggars). To move the minimap button, shift-left click and drag it to any position. You can naturally move the frame anywhere you want with your mouse, but click and drag in any gray area. To reset the money frame position, hold shift and right click the minimap button. To change the money frame transparency, scroll up or down on the minimap button. The addon stores whether the money frame and/or minimap button is hidden or not, per character.
The addon has these slash commands:
/kc - shows your money in chat frame.
/kc hide - hides the minimap button.
/kc show - shows the minimap button.
/kc reset - centers the minimap button.
/kc help - show information and help.
Alternate slash commands are: /kaching, and /ka-ching
Thanks to Blizzard for releasing the AddOn Kit, to ahug4122 on Curse for a few ideas, and to Gotai on #WoWUI for bug tracking.
* Updated toc to work with 3.1.X
* Added the possibility for localization to other languages, but as I can only speak English, it will default to English for now. Please, edit the file "localization.lua", and post it as a comment here. Hopefully, I will soon be able to make it fully localized for all languages in version 2.0. There is no functionality change in this version from version 1.8.
* Possible bug: Some times your money appear to be zero, in the Ka-ching! money frame, even if I have added code to force it to update. I am working hard on this, and hope it will disappear till next version. If it occurs to you, toggling the money frame off and on again should fix it. If it doesn't, please report it as a comment here.
* Made the actual money text in the money frame NOT change transparency.
* Added tooltips to the minimap button, for your convenience of course.
* Added mousewheel control of the money frame transparency (over button).
* Reduced size of the money frame slightly, to match minimap header size.
* Fixed a bug causing the money frame to show 0 copper only on first load.
* Removed redundant code from the addon, made it more compact.
* Colored the text of gold, silver, and copper with appropriate color codes.
* Renamed from ShowMeTheMoney to Ka-ching! Delete SMTM if you got it.
* Fixed annoying bug that was related to updating of the money frame.
* Changed SavedVariables to table format instead of single variable name.
* Added a minimap button to toggle showing/hiding of the money frame.
* Changed slash commands hide/show/reset to apply for the minimap button.
* Addon gives information on load, instead of each time you use /smtm.
* Fixed the bug where it would not show silver/copper if either was zero.
* Gave the SavedVariable a better name, and made a global variable local.
* Fixed the zip to extract to /ShowMeTheMoney, not /Addon/ShowMeTheMoney.