Ever wanted a simple data broker plugin? One that does something a macro might do? Like open the calendar, toggle whether your cloak or helm is shown, or perhaps open a window provided by one of your favorite addons? There's no need to go through the hassle of coding it yourself or wait for another to do the work for you - just use Macro Broker.
Macro Broker uses an interface much like that of the standard macro UI. (See the screenshot.) To access the Macro Broker window, use one of these slash commands: /macrobroker, /broker, or /mb.
Broker macros work much like standard WoW macros, running a set of commands when clicked. All the standard conditionals - such as [mod], [flying], [combat], or [button:1] - are supported, as are #show and #showtooltip.
Additionally, the slash command /eval (alias /ev) is included to allow you to use macro-style conditionals with commands that don't normally allow them. /eval can be used wherever slash commands are viable, including both broker macros and your standard macros. See the screenshot or the included eval.lua file for example usage.
However, broker macros and the /eval command cannot execute secure commands, so things like /cast or /target are out of bounds, with a couple of important exceptions. First, /stopmacro is allowed, as Macro Broker will handle that command itself. Second, /cast can be used with tradeskill "spells" such as Engineering or Blacksmithing.
Buy Tuhljin a snack so he'll feel guilty about not yet implementing that suggestion you made. Or maybe just to show your support. That works, too.
- Fixed an error that could occur on startup when checking saved variables.
- The tooltip of items and spells are no longer shown unless #showtooltip is used in the first line of the macro.
- Updated for WoW 3.2.
- Dynamic icons are now supported. Broker macros using the "?" option now have their icons determined by the contents of the macro body, just as normal WoW macros do, making use of #show, #showtooltip, and what is being /cast or /used, including checking for conditionals like [mod], [flying], [combat], etc.
- Conditionals can now be used with /cast commands (but they still can only be used to cast tradeskill spells like Engineering).
- Plugins can now use #showtooltip to determine the contents of their tooltips, similar to normal WoW macros.
- The "Created by Macro Broker" tag placed in tooltips has been removed. (An option to enable it may be added in a future release.)
- You can now rename broker macros using the GUI. Changes won't take effect until the interface is reloaded.
- The /cast command may now be used in broker macros with tradeskill spells (e.g. "Engineering") as long as no conditionals (e.g. "[mod]") are used.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com