CompactBars is an addon that is designed to create bars for nearly everything. The difference to the other bar addons is that it does not eat up your screen space. It displays the bars in a very compact way as you can see in the following screenshots.
Everything combined (has bossmods included):
Explanation: (starting with the bar next to the scale)
First bar: Shows the duration of buffs
Second bar: Shows the cooldowns
Third bar: Shows bossmods
Bars that come after the first three: Show negative effects on different targets
It is possible to display the following things:
Short buffs (short means that it is not designed for things like Power Word: F.)
Internal cooldowns (like Eclipse or from items)
Bossmods (needs BigWigs or Deadly Bossmods (the first one is the better option because it uses icons for nearly every bar!)
The addon is able to display dots from multiple targets. This means that is able to show a bar for rain of fire on every target!
What is so special?
You may ask yourself why you should choose this addon over another bar addon. A few points which are different to other bar addons:
You are able to compare everything with only a short look at the bars, because they all use the same size for one second.
Time your abilities exactly to match boss abilities.
Easily compare your cooldowns with your buffs.
Uses very little space on your screen (only one bar per target and a maximum of three bars for yourself).
Possibility to use a logarithmic scale and a normal scale (if you don't know what a logarithmic scale is you can find a good description here.)
Vertical bars are possible!
The addon does NOT use a logarithmic scale by default (because of a user request) but it has now nearly [b]EVERY spell[\B] included. So for example the deathknight has Army of the Dead which has a 20 minute cooldown. If the addon uses the default value it will create very very long bar! So go in the options to the logartihmic scale option and type in the time of your longtest spell.
You can also split it up in more segments and type 100, 200 (if you want to add 300 seconds at the end of the bar).
You can find a tutorial here!
- all classes work again
- it is now possible to refresh dots from targets that are not targeted
- THIS DOES ONLY WORK WHEN YOU HAVE THE 3.1 CLIENT!
- added a nil check
- forgot the config changes in the last update
- added custom markers
- added a changing alpha value when the bars overlap so that you always know if there is something under a bar
- forget a few debug messages :/
- scale can be hidden all the time now
- fix for dots that are not included in the default config
- forget a change in _1 <.<
- more frame updates to avoid overlapping
- can show ticks of dots now
- sorting updated (next patch will have new features again ;))
- added zhCN, zhTW localization. Thanks goes to rpggo for creating them!
- updated bar lib missing
- fixed some bugs with the sorting of bars
- bars are now resorted on creation of a new bar (you can change the sorting in the options)
- priest class added to the spell dialogs
- scorpid sting changed to use a dynamic approach instead of the static one (don't think that there is a way to spread this without having a target)
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com