NOTE: This addon is now part of core Aloft, incorporated as a module. Versions of Aloft from 4.2.X onwards (including the mainline Aloft-4.3.X version and onwards) all incorporate this functionality. It is no longer necessary to install this as a separate addon. Standalone versions of this addon will NOT work with WoW 4.1 or later.
----- NOTE: This is now an Ace3 addon. AloftCastWarning-1.0.0 (and subsequent versions) will NOT WORK with any Ace2 version of Aloft. You will need Aloft-4.X.
This addon provides a "pseudo" cast bar for identifiable non-target units with visible nameplates (in addition to Aloft's normal target cast bar). This addon ignores the player's current target (on the assumption that the normal target cast bar is available for that purpose).
There are limitations (gory details in README.txt, which is enclosed within the addon. Please review it). To summarize: for PvE (and NPC targets generally), you need to be in a group/raid, a groupmember needs to have the unit targeted, and the unit needs to have a raid target assignment (i.e. an icon). For battlegrounds (PvP, PC targets), a groupmember needs to have the unit targeted. In arenas (PvP, PC targets), it should just work (though it has not been extensively tested there).
This is packaged as a standalone addon, and should be installed as such, but it requires Aloft in order to function. Without Aloft, this addon will just silently fail to initialize.
Remember to enable this addon, as well as Aloft, on the Blizzard addon control screen.
NOTE: Aloft installs into .../Interface/AddOns/Aloft, and THIS addon should install into .../Interface/AddOns/AloftCastWarning. i.e. Copy the contents of this addon's ZIP into .../Interface/AddOns as you would any other standalone addon.
This addon requires Aloft-4.X (preferably the most recent), and is intended to work under WoW 4.0.1 (and the Cataclysm Beta). This will also work with the Aloft Alpha.
The major version numbers of AloftCastWarning have been matched with Aloft, as a way to simplify which version works with which (i.e. Aloft 4.X should be compatible with AloftCastWarning 4.X).
Please delete your AloftCastWarning.lua saved variables file when you install the most recent version of AloftCastWarning.
In order to track defects, PLEASE report any problems in THIS addon's comments and/or via THIS addon's bug reporting mechanism here at WoWInterface (do not use the general Aloft addon for reporting problems with THIS addon).
This addon is still EXPERIMENTAL. Incredibly detailed problem reports are probably not necessary, but please be prepared to work with the author to figure out how to reproduce your errors.
Also watch for efficiency problems. If you feel this addon is eating large amounts of runtime memory and/or slowing your framerates down, let me know, and I will investigate.
I will construct a "real" front page for this addon at some point (basically massaging README.txt into something useful). In the meantime, please review README.txt.
As always, AloftCastWarning is free with your materials, but if you want to donate:
- fixed problem in AloftCastWarningLocale.lua preventing options from loading properly
- TOC update to 40000 (for WoW 4.0.1/Cataclysm)
- made major version match that of Aloft (both 4.X; hopefully will help avoid future confusion over which basic/major version of AloftCastWarning to use with which version of Aloft)
- enhanced all borders to expose edgeSize (thickness) and inset (padding) as user options
- fixed intermittent bug related to trying to track spells with zero cast duration
- enhanced to delete spells with zero cast duration from the spell database (we don't want to track them, we certainly don't need to save them)
- fixed various problems with proactive cleanup of spell database
- simplified nameplate OnHide processing; setting backdrop/border alpha to zero (0), but leaving the actual border in place; this seems to affect the #132 crash problem? please test (enable borders again, etc)
- added "comprehensive" checks to AloftCastWarning's options menus to insure that the associated module is enabled before updating options
- initial production Ace3 release
- NOT COMPATIBLE with versions of Aloft before 3.1.0
- file manifest is the same as older versions (should be able to just install); your saved variables should be OK
- revised definition of "friendly", to "not UnitCanAttack()"; "UnitIsFriendly()" returns true for same-faction duel opponents, and "UnitIsEnemy()" may report false for neutral units
- applied a blend mode on all texture regions (including backdrops) to "improve" behavior of UI object layering
- enhanced to provide a cast warning bar in some situations when the player's target changes and the target cast bar is not available
- small internal change that improves UI element layering in WoW 3.3 (harmless in WoW 3.2)
- moved some target tracking capabilities into Aloft's target tracking, to facilitate Aloft combat text association with non-target/non-group nameplates
- rationalized the spell school colors more closely with Blizzard's standard combat log spell colors
- added configurable option to direct AloftCastWarning to change alpha of visible nameplates engaged in detectable/warnable cast activity (requires Aloft-2.8.10-0000 or later, requires AloftAlpha module to be enabled)
- fixed a bug related to re-casting the same spell while the earlier cast is still "fading"
- fixed a typo in unit channelled spellcast processing
- commented out some diagnostics that survived into the 0.7.3 release
- replicated Blizzard "shield" graphics for uninterruptable spells with a graphic over the cast warning spell icon (look at "Cast Warning>Spell Icon>Shield" options)
- added features to detect and change cast warning color/texture/border on uninterruptable spell casts, provide separate cast warning options for interruptable/uninterruptable spells
- updated TOC for WoW 3.2
- fixed a bug in combat log processing that was causing cast warnings to end prematurely
- fixed a bug with fade processing that was causing cast warnings never to fade
- fixed TOC typo, now 30100
- adjusted frame level and draw layers of various cast warning assembly elements to rectify potential layering problems
- updated TOC to interface version 31000
- extensively refactored combat log event handling, to use both "UNIT_SPELLCAST_*" and "COMBAT_LOG_*" events to detect spells
- fixed numerous small mistakes/misconceptions in combat log event handling (no doubt there will be more to come)
- cast warnings should now appear regardless of whether the addon has seen the spell before
- extensively refactored saved variables handling, so that useful spell information is collected/saved, and incomplete information is deleted at each game sessoion start
- should show spell warnings on arena opponents without needing mouseover/etc; needs testing
- added separate text colors for active cast and fade processing
- added pool for active cast records (cuts down on dynamic table construction/destruction)
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com