I don't play WoW anymore (at least currently) and do not have an active subscription. So I cannot and will not work on my addons anymore. Sorry.
However, Nibelheim and humfras have done awesome work in updating and improving this addon, and they even made it look alot better than my version! Check it out here!
If you also have the problem that the blizzard bags are opening behind cb_nivaya, simply change your bag keybind from "open all bags" to "open backpack".
You can create your own Containers now!
Before reporting any bugs, make sure you have the latest version!
This is an inventory addon featuring item filters, new items, support for item sets, empty bagspace compression and alot more. It is a layout for cargBags. However, cargBags 2.x is included, so you don't need to download it separately.
You can freely move the main inventory window (and the bank window), all the other containers move as you move that one.
Containers for Consumables, Quest Items, Armor/Weapons, Trade Goods and Junk.
Optional containers for Ammo and Soul Shards (show/hide those via the "Ammo/Shards" button).
Container for Item Sets from ItemRack, Outfitter and Blizzards Equipment Manager. This one doesn't show up if you're not using any of these.
Container for new Items (items you recently obtained).
Empty containers are hidden, without just leaving an emtpy space.
Easy-to-use dropdown menu to move items between containers (ALT+rightclick an item).
Option to compress empty bagspace to a single slot.
Item sorting by rarity and item ID, so that identical items or stacks will be grouped together.
Clicking on the "Bags" Button allows you to switch bags and to buy new bag slots (bank).
The "New Items" Container
When you login using this layout the first time, all the items in your inventory will be marked as "new". This is because new items will exclusively be reset when you click the "Reset New" button, which should be your first action in order to have the items filtered to their corresponding category. The advantage of this behaviour is that items marked as new "survive" disconnects, logouts and reloading the UI.
Of course, you can toggle this filter off via the slash command (/cbniv).
The "Cool Stuff" Container
Initially a filter on its own, it is now simply a container for items you want to have in a special place. You can activate it by moving one or more items to it via the context menu (ALT+rightclick).
You can also add your very own custom containers, which behave just like the "Cool Stuff" container. By default, their priority is higher than the "New Items" container, so items assigned to one of these will never be marked as new. This priority can be lowered.
Add a container with /cbniv addbag name, remove one with /cbniv delbag name, list all existing with /cbniv listbags etc. Type /cbniv for a full list of available commands.
Via the slash command /cbniv you can adjust the following settings:
Enable/disable some of the filters (new items, trade goods, armor/weapons and junk)
Adjust the overall scale.
Toggle bank background color between black and blue.
Toggle bank filtering.
Toggle empty bagspace compression.
Enable/disable hiding the Ammo/Shard bags whenever you open your inventory (if this is diabled, the addon saves those bags opened/closed state).
Toggle item sorting.
I might add more settings as you request them or as features are added.
The filters and bag captions are currently localized for the following locales:
enGB & enUS
zhTW & zhCN (provided by Nixie)
koKR (provided by metalchoir)
frFR (provided by Shadok)
ruRU (provided by leks0d)
Feel free to provide more.
- Updated french localization (Thanks to Shadok!).
- Slightly adjusted position of bag mover buttons.
- Adjusted position of search bar, so that it doesn't overlap the money display anymore.
- Added buttons to move custom containers up, down and between columns.
- Added command to show/hide these buttons (/cbniv bagpos).
- Removed /cbniv movebag.
- Removed /cbniv orderup.
- Removed /cbniv orderdn.
- Removed compatibility with WoW 3.3.x!
- Added command to move custom containers between the left and right columns.
- Added commands to move custom containers up and down in their respective column.
- Added command to set the filter priority of a custom container (high priority prevents items assigned to this container from being classified as junk or new, low priority doesn't).
- Added command to enable custom containers in the bank.
- Added option to mark single items as new/known (context menu).
- Fixed some items not being classified properly when manually moved.
- Removed soulshards container.
- Removed ammo container.
- Removed button which toggled the visibility of the ammo/shard containers.
r35 & 36
- Added commands to add and remove custom containers (/cbniv addbag name, /cbniv delbag name).
- Custom container names may contain spaces now.
- Added command to list all existing custom containers (/cbniv listbags).
- Works in Cataclysm Beta now (4.0)!
- Fixed bug which caused some items to not properly switch bags when assigning them to another container.
- Fixed unlock error.
- Found the lazy gold display and convinced it to work again.
r32 Please remove the cargBags core addon from your addons folder!
- Updated to work with cargBags 2.
- cargBags 2.1.2 is embedded, so you don't need to download cargBags seperately anymore.
- Added search bar.
- Removed Cool Stuff filter, but not the bag. Just move all desired items to the bag via the context menu (ALT+rightclick).
- New filtering system (cached, faster and experimental).
- Highlighting quest items "blizzard-style" (yellow border).
- More sorting error fixes.
- Fixed error with item sets and Outfitter (thanks to r1pt1de!).
- Sorting now also sorts by stack size.
- Sorting now puts higher quality items first (again).
- Fixed stack overflow errors when sorting is enabled.
- Never autohide/-show Ammo-/Shardbag.
- Fixed compare number with nil in sorting algorithm.
- Added junk bag.
- Added option to toggle the junk filter on and off.
The following fixes require CargBags 1.1 and (if you use it) CargBags_Anywhere 1.1:
- Fixed a bug that caused item sorting to not work correctly on the main bank bag.
- Fixed occasional appearance of random bank slots in your inventory (whether they are empty or not).
- Fixed a bug that caused all empty slots to appear when the argent lance quest item is being equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused item rarity sorting to fail in certain situations (rarity ~= quality).
- Fixed a bug that caused single items of a certain rarity not beeing sorted correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the empty slot counter to refuse updating.
- Added option to disable auto sorting for bags.
- Added option to disable auto sorting for bank.
- Known issue: Auto sorting not correctly working for main bank bag, not sure if this is an issue with my layout or cargbags itself.
- Added automatic sorting by rarity and item ID, so that identical items or stacks will be grouped together.
- Added option to lock the bag positions.
- The empty bagspace frame is now also responsive to item dragging (when compression of empty bagspace is enabled).
- Added ammo bag to the category menu.
- Added option to compress empty bagspace to a single slot (toggle via /cbniv empty).
- Removed debug code.
- Automatically opening bags on trade.
- Slightly reduced item quality border alpha.
- Added Button to open the bank if cargBags_Anywhere is loaded.
- Added a drop-down menu which allows you to assign an item to a specific category (ALT+rightclick the item).
- Added support for Blizzards Equipment Manager.
- Removed support for ClosetGnome sets, since CG is now a mere LDB plugin for Blizzards Equipment Manager.
- Fixed bag positions resetting after disabling and re-enabling the addon.
- Added option to toggle bank filtering.
- Added bank filters.
- Added support for cargBags_Anywhere.
- Anywhere: Switching the character opens the bank view automatically.
- Added koKR localization (Thanks to metalchoir!)
- Added toggle for armor/weapon bag (/cbniv armor).
- The buttons for toggling bags, reset new items etc. are actually buttons now.
- Added support for ItemRack sets.
- Added support for Outfitter sets.
- Itemset bag now changes its caption based on which addon is loaded (Closetgnome, ItemRack or Outfitter).
- Fixed a bug preventing the trade goods bag to open/close with the other bags.
- UpdateAnchors() now works more efficiently.
- Added bag for trade goods (toggle via "/cbniv trade").
- Added option for black bank background color (toggle via "/cbniv bankbg").
- Added scale option (e.g. "/cbniv scale 0.8").
- Added french localization (Thanks to Shadok!).
- Added ruRU localization (Thanks to leks0d!).
- Added option to disable the "New Items" filter.
- Added slash commands (/cbniv) to toggle some basic settings ("new" filter, "cool stuff" filter and ammo/shard bag behaviour, more to come eventually).
- Cool Stuff filter now works on item IDs so the item presets will work for any locale.
- Simplified code for resetting new items and updating the bags anchors (hidden frames).
- Fixed a bug that caused the bank window to pop up when the "reset new" button is pressed.
- Fixed a bug causing random bag windows to pop up when items are updated.
- Empty bags are hidden now, without leaving empty spaces of course.
- dev: Added a custom anchoring system which manages hidden bags and makes adding/removing bags very easy.
- Item quality borders are a little bit smaller now (they seem less bright).
- Added item quality border for common items (white).
- Added option to always hide ammo/shard bag when the inventory is opened (check the top of the lua-file).
- ClosetGnome bag doesn't show anymore if ClosetGnome is not loaded.
- Removed close buttons from anything but bag and bank window.
- Added zhCN and zhTW localization (Thanks to Nixie!).
- Removed money display and "Reset New" button from bank.
- Fixed position of the button to buy bag slots in the bank.
- Different background color for bank.
- Moved "Reset New" button to the top of the main bag window.
- Added bags for ammo and soul shards. Only warlocks will see the soul bag.
- Empty ammo/soul bag slots go to their respective category now.
- Added a button to hide/show the ammo/soul bags. This is saved on a per-character basis.
- ClosetGnome sets don't go into "New Items" bag anymore.
- Fixed "Quest Item" bag not showing up when the "Cool Stuff" bag is disabled.