NOTE: This is only for the old cargBags version 1.3 and below!
cargBags_Anywhere provides a handler for the bag framework cargBags. It stores all your bank/inventory data in a database, thus enabling you to view it from everywhere.
Now you can view all your different characters' inventory and bank from at any time! (if your layout supports it)
It also comes with a plugin that you can spawn which provides a dropdown-list for changing the display to another character on click.
Provide support in your layout
The following code checks if the Anywhere-handler is registered and then uses it by default.
And use this to let Anywhere spawn a button for switching characters. No checking if Anywhere exists is required, because SpawnPlugin would simply return nil when a plugin wasn't found:
local anywhere = self:SpawnPlugin("Anywhere")
As the (optional) second argument, you can provide an already created button-frame on which the OnClick() event toggles the dropdown.
Please note that accessing Blizz-inventory functions from within your layout will mostly break handlers different than Standard. Please circumvent that by using self:GetHandler().BlizzInventoryFunction(...)
This is still a beta quality addon and can cause bugs! Please provide feedback (:
cargBags_Anywhere Changelog 1.3
- following the core changes of cargBags 1.3
- rewritten LoadItemInfo to support cargBags 1.1
- and now it actually works :/
- new pipe function: handler.GetContainerItemLink(bagID, slotID)
- new pipe function: handler.GetContainerItemInfo(bagID, slotID)
- fixed bank not saving
- fixed error occuring on splitting stacks in the bank frame
- new function: handler:GetPlayer(realm, player, database)
- new callback function: handler:PostSetPlayer(realm, player, database)
Okay, well, to be honest, the only reason I still play WoW is because of addon development. The rest became boring after four years of active playing =P
And since I write them in my free time and also release them for free, there are of course the subscription fee's ... so if you want to support me, here's your chance!
And ... umm ... there's still the habit of eating lots of chocolate while thinking of addons :/