FastQuest Classic is an addon to enhance quest log displaying, quest tracking, and quest progress notification.
History of FastQuest Classic
FastQuest Classic was originally called "FastQuest" and was written by Vashen. Vashen had left WoW after he released the great FastQuest 2.11. Since then, FastQuest has some minor udpates made by some fans including Alfred. While I am trying to contact Vashen and Alfred to seek for some other minor update for FastQuest, I did not get any response from them at that time. Then I decide to picked it up and try to fixed some minor issues. I then register an continued addon on Curse. Since that, FastQuest is released with version number like 2.11.1, 2.11.2, 2.11.3, etc.
When the TBC was going to be released in US and Europe, Vashen was back and he decided to continue the implementation. Vashen started the new FastQuest with version number 3.x and was supported with Titan and Fubar. I saw Vashen's messages and actions, I was thinking it's about the time to turn this great addon and credits back to Vashen.
However, there are some players still love the classic and standalone FastQuest, including me. So I decide to rename the addon name to "FastQuest Classic" and started from version 2.11.207.
Unpack the ZIP file to WoW\Interface\AddOns\
For example, if your WoW is installed under "C:\Program Files\Blizzard\World of WarCraft" you should see below structure once you have correctly unzip the addon:
C:\Program Files\Blizzard\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\FastQuest_Classic\Images\
C:\Program Files\Blizzard\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\FastQuest_Classic\Bindings.xml
C:\Program Files\Blizzard\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\FastQuest_Classic\FastQuest.lua
C:\Program Files\Blizzard\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\FastQuest_Classic\FasuQuest.xml
C:\Program Files\Blizzard\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\FastQuest_Classic\FastQuest_Classic.toc
* Enhances Blizzard's Quest WatchFrame! Automatically add current quests
to WatchFrame and removes them when they are completed. This option
is ON by default and can be toggled by /fq autoadd.
* Easy quest tracking. You can use RightClick or Shift+click quest names
in QuestLog window to Add/Remove quests manually. (/fq clear will
remove all quest from the tracker)
* Adds formatting options for Shift+LeftClick / Crtl+LeftClick /
Ctrl+RightClick into chat use /fq format to cycle through them. Allows
"[10+] QuestName", " QuestName (Elite)", etc.
* Use Ctrl+RightClick on the quest to send not only quest title but also
quest objective to chat frame, it makes things easier when you are going
to tell people what quest you are investigating without typing quest
detail by your self.
* Quests in WatchFrame are displayed in color that is based on difficulty.
There are now over 20 shades of colors from bright green to bright red
that are used to denote quest and monster difficulty. Quest that would
be come trivial next level is highlighted giving you chance to complete
it while it still yields exp.
* Automatically notify your party/guild/raid/near-by people of your quest
progress (example: Thistle Boar Slain 5/7), this option is off by
default and can be toggled by /fq autonotify
* Notify your party/guild/raid or near-by people for your level-up or new
area/zone discovered is configurable. Sometimes you may want to enable
this feature so that your partners may now your recent status when you
all are looking for some place together or s/he is farming together with
you for your leveling-up.
* Allows you to insert quest objectives of the selected quest into the
chat. Open the chatbox and right click on the quest name. (check the
screenshot above.) Control click on the quest name also lists objectives
but in the shorter form, the way they are displayed in quest tracker.
* Allows WatchFrame to be draged anywhere on the screen (use "/fq unlock"
to enable draging and you can "/fq lock" to lock it in place).
* Automatically complete turn-in quests such as the once in AV that you
have to turn in one by one. When you right click on the NPC to turn in
quest, FQ will click "Continue" and "Complete Quest" buttons for you,
but will stop to let you pick reward if choice is given. The down side
is that you will not be able to read what NPC's replies to you when you
turn in your quest, but that's only to those who actually read it
This feature is off by default and can be toggled by /fq autocomplete
* Configurable options are now supported with slash command "/fq options",
or simply click on the minimap icon or Quest Log's "FQ" button.
* Quest completion notification sound now is customizable. User can replace
the notification sound with any sound they like. Simply find the sound
in "Sounds\QuestComplete.mp3" and replace it.
/fq notifyparty - Toggle automatic notification of party members.
/fq notifyguild - Toggle automatic notification of guild members.
/fq notifyraid - Toggle automatic notification of raid members.
/fq notifynearby - Toggle automatic notification for non-party channel.
/fq autoadd - Toggle automatic addition of changed quests to QuestTracker.
/fq autocomplete - Toggle automatic completion of quests when turning them in. (You will not see the quest
completion information from NPC.)
/fq autonotify - Toggle automatic notification of party members.
/fq clear - Clear QuestTracker window from all quests.
/fq color - Toggle colorful quest title in QuestTracker window.
/fq detail - Toggle quest notification in brief or in detail.
/fq format - Toggle quest notification output format.
/fq lock(unlock) - Locks/Unlocks quest tracker window.
/fq memberinfo - Toggle quest's suggested to go with group info to be displayed or not.
/fq notifydiscover - Toggle automatic notification of the new zone you discovered.
/fq notifyexp - Toggle automatic notification of experience gained from a quest.
/fq notifylevelup - Notify the level-up information
/fq options - Toggle option frame.
/fq reset - Resets QuestTracker window's position
/fq status - Display all the FastQuest Classic configuration status.
/fq tag - Toggle display of quest tags (elite, raid, etc)
* French (oXid_FoX, Ksys)
* Traditional Chinese (Arith)
* Simplified Chinese (Arith)
* German (Killekille of Blackrock)
* Korean (gygabyte)
* Russian (StingerSoft)
- QueustLog title enhancement is currently disable due to WoW has introduce
some manually hacks to deal with the text width. It will introduce the
result that FastQuest's QuestLogTitle manipulation will be replaced.
- To enable QuestLog frame's quest title's level information, please enable
the color blind mode for now.
- 2.18.06 (2012/09/25)
* TOC update to support WoW 5.0
* Fix the guild notification problem
* Fix the problem of getting the number of party members (replace by GetNumSubgroupMembers)
* Fix the problem of getting the number of raid members (replace by IsInRaid)
* Translation update
- German: Killekille
- 2.18.05 (2011/12/05)
* TOC update to support WoW 4.3
* Quest notification enhancement:
* Now when a quest is accepted, the notification message will display
the quest with questlink.
* Level-Up notification fine tuned: Now will also notify the new level
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com