Beacon of Light is the main weapon in the holy paladin arsenal, keep the Beacon up on a target (a tank for example) is essential but its huge spell cost (from 1536 base cost to 1306 with talents & glyph) doens't allow to be simply refreshed at random. An early refresh of Beacon of Light, if not forced by external causes (boss strategy), is a huge waste of mana and a precious global cooldown time.
BOLT, designed mainly for holy paladins, will help you to keep up the Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield and Judgements of the Pure spells/effects.
Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield and Judgements of the Pure trackers with the support of duration modifiers like glyphs and talents
Auto hide function when spells or talents are not available
Button focus: save an independent focus target for each button and right click to re-cast the spell on your saved target*
Real time duration check: if your buff get removed the countdown will stop with a sound alarm
Russian localization (if you want additional localization just send me the BOLTLNG.lua file properly localized: just remove the russian localization and add your own strings, I will add your translations on next releases)
SHIFT - Doubleclick to Pin/Unpin a Button on the screen
CTRL - Doubleclick to set up a target as focus for BOL or SS
* due to Blizz limitation you can set the focus only when out of combat
- Fixed wrong encoding in localization file BOLTLNG.lua
v1.58 (01 Feb 2010)
- Internationalization support
- Russian internationalization
v1.5.7b (10 Jan 2010)
- Very little fix to support locales other than english
v1.5.7 (08 Dec 2009)
- Maintenance release: various small internal adjustments and TOC ready for patch 3.3
v1.5.5 (18 Oct 2009)
- NEW TIMER BUTTON: Judgements of the Pure!
- Now BOLT will override visibility templates if the related spell or talent is not available
- Fixed minor lag-bug on buff dispelling
- Minor code improvements
v1.5.1 (12 Oct 2009)
- fixed a bug while updating name plates with the "Always show name plates" active
v1.5 (11 Oct 2009)
- Added the option "Remove round corners", this option "zoom inside" a texture removing gray round texture corners and making the bolt button flat and square
- fixed a bug displaying UTF8 double bytes character names
v1.5 beta 4 (10 Oct 2009)
- In order to avoid misclicks now locking/unlocking a button require a SHIFT + DOUBLECLICK instead of a simple double click
- Bolt buttons now properly ignore any NON left doubleclick event
- Added the option "Always show name plates"
- Added a different sound to play when a Sacred Shield or Beacon of Light buff is removed
- Minor code fixing
v1.5 beta 3 (27 Sep 2009)
- NEW FEATURE: REAL TIME BUFF CHECKING: BOLT will check every second if your buff (BoL or SS) is still active on the target, if not the countdown will stop and a sound/flash alert will be played.
This feature makes bolt useful specially in PVP situations.
With the full1.5 I will relase a proper option screen to customize this feature.
v1.5 beta 2 (27 Sep 2009)
- optimized object management
- minor code reworking and optimization
- fixed a targeting bug (?)
v1.5 beta (26 Sep 2009)
- NEW FEATURE: SPELL REFRESH
- CTRL-DOUBLECLICK on a BOLT button will set your current target as the new target for the button
- RIGHT CLICK on a BOLT button will launch the spell on the previously saved target
- code optimization: optimized various internal functions
- due to Blizzard limitations, change a BOLT button focus target works only ** OUT OF COMBAT **
- in order to avoid annoying side effects, BEFORE installing this v1.5beta version please DELETE the previous installed BOLT folder (in \World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\) and then SEARCH & DELETE every BOLT.lua and BOLT.lua.bak file in your \World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ folder.
v1.4 (21 Sep 2009)
- Fixed a bug with instances loading
- Added the option to change the default alpha level for dimmed buttons
- New option: Hide bolt buttons when not in combat
- /BOLT now open the BOLT Option panel
- Minor code optimization
v1.4 rc (18 Sep 2009)
- Scaling bug fixed
- Now buttons positions are saved "on the fly" every time you move a button, you don't need to lock/unlock in order to save a position.
- Text now scale with button scaling
- BOLT will auto unload if you try to load it with a no paladin character (or with a paladin under level 60)
- New global option screen panel
- Now you can change buttons frame strata: Backgound-Low-Medium-High
- Added the option to change the BOLT standard sound alert with a more soft sound
- The class coloring routine is now fixed and optimized (thanks to Ave0000)
v1.4 beta 10 (13 Sep 2009)
- Removed every slash command and implemented a proper option screen (From Interface=>Addons=>BOLT)
- User interface scaling for the two separate buttons
- Fixed (I hope) the bug on restoring the saved button positions
v1.4 beta 8 (13 Sep 2009)
- fixed a bug with the /reloadui command
- minor code optimization
v1.4 beta 7 (11 Sep 2009)
- fixed a bug about wrong button displaying on cold start of the game
- added a visual flash alert (active by default) and the two commands to customize it:
/BOLT bolflash on|off
/BOLT ssflash on|off
- in order to fit better the button the displayed name is now is limited to 5 characters
v1.4 beta 6 (11 Sep 2009)
- removed button borders, now the look is more "neutral" and will fit better with other UI buttons
- massive code refactoring (again!)
- implemented visibility profiles based on current spec, basicly you can now set a visibility profile for the two buttons and this profile will be applied at every spec change.
Default profile are:
Beacon of Light - Holy:visible Protection:hidden Retribution:hidden
Sacred Shield - - Holy:visible Protection:visible Retribution:visible
You can modify the spec via /BOLT setv command. Check the readme.txt in the BOLT addon folder for details.
again, in order to avoid annoying side effects, BEFORE installing this v1.4beta6 version please DELETE the previous installed BOLT folder (in \World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\) and then SEARCH & DELETE every BOLT.lua and BOLT.lua.bak file in your \World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ folder.
v1.4 beta 3 (08 Sep 2009)
- Fixed another little bug in the Sacred Shield duration counter...
v1.4 beta 2 (07 Sep 2009)
- Fixed a little bug in the Sacred Shield duration counter
- Various /commands removed, type /BOLT for the new simplified list
- Huge code refactoring
BEFORE installing the v1.4beta please DELETE the previous installed BOLT folder (in \World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\) and then SEARCH & DELETE every BOLT.lua and BOLT.lua.bak file in your \World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ folder.
v1.35 (24 Aug 2009)
- vehicles long names are supported, vehicle names >12 chars will be limited to 12 chars
- player names with a lenght <= 10 chars are now displayed with a slightly bigger font. Long (11-12 chars) names are displayed with the default (v1.3 size) font
- you can lock/unlock the UI to the screen just double clicking on borders
- new slash commands:
/BOLT lock|unlock : lock/unlock the UI to the screen
- big code improvement & refactoring: now the code is more modular, ready to be used for additional duration tracking (Sacred Shield / Flash of Light hots)
v1.3 (21 Aug 2009)
- coloured name plate with the neacon target name displayed