DeadHorse is a loot and roll tracking addon created for the guild Anduins Legacy on Aggramar-US. It was designed specifically for the loot system that AL uses.
DeadHorse is based around the concept of "roll types". e.g. Need, Greed, Open, Main Spec, Off Spec, etc. You can define your own and it comes with a default set of Need, Greed and Wishlist.
DeadHorse creates slash commands which correspond to each type of roll. You can change the slash command for each roll type. The default roll types use /need, /greed and /wish. The slash command takes an item link as a parameter, announces the item to the raid and opens the Tracker window which will collect and sort the /roll results. It does not track the rolls from clicking the Need/Greed/Disenchant buttons in Group Loot or Need before Greed modes. You may wish to have a look at the NeedyGreedy addon for that.
In Master Looter mode, DeadHorse adds a sub-menu to the bottom of the Master Looter menu, which allows you to select the type of roll to announce for the item.
The Tracker window sorts the rolls in order of fewest items won for that roll type in the current raid ID and then highest roll number. So if Bob rolls a 1 and Joe rolls a 100 but Bob has won nothing yet and Joe has won an item, Bob will be listed at the top.
The winner can be selected by clicking their name in the Tracker window and then clicking the Winner button. The winner is announced to the raid (using a randomly select message) and the win is recorded in DeadHorse's database and broadcast to other DeadHorse users in the raid. This allows other DeadHorse users to continue handling loot if the original user becomes unavailable.
There is an option in the DeadHorse settings to give the item to the winner when the Winner button is clicked in Master Looter mode.
DeadHorse tracks loot by raid ID. When the raid ID expires, DeadHorse notifies you when you next login and you can then use the /dh expireraids command to discard the history of items won for that raid ID. DeadHorse can be configured to archive it instead but there are no facilities for viewing the archive in the current version. The DeadHorse database of currently active raids is available to all your characters of the same faction on a particular realm.
The DeadHorse user who is handling the loot must be raid leader or raid assistant to be able to announce to the raid warning channel. DeadHorse works best when used with Master Looter or Group Loot where everybody passes.
DeadHorse provides the /dh slash command:
/dh config - opens the Interface Options for DeadHorse
/dh expireraids - discards or archives loot history for expired raid IDs
/dh history - displays the loot history for the current raid
/dh resetraid - discards the loot history for the current raid
DeadHorse will also will reply to other players who whisper "!history" to the DeadHorse user with the same results as the /dh history command.
Version 0.26 (2010-10-19)
- Fixed whisper filtering.
Version 0.25 (2010-10-15)
- Updated TC for WoW 4.0.
- Updated Ace3 libraries to r971.
Version 0.24 (2010-09-03)
- Fixed a bug when logging in for the first time after installing DeadHorse (i.e. no saved variables).
- Updated Ace3 libraries to r960.
Version 0.23 (2010-02-27)
- Added extra error checks for Master Looter mode.
Version 0.22 (2009-01-27)
- Added sub-menu to Master Looter menu for announcing rolls.
- Added option to assign the item to the winner when Master Looter mode is enabled.
Version 0.21 (2009-01-26)
- Fixed error on login for new users.
Version 0.20 (2009-01-25)
- Use Blizzard's standard naming convention for raid difficulty (10 player (Heroic), etc.).
- Fixed Roll Types page in Interface Options to rename slash commands correctly.
- Added Win Messages page to Interface Options.
Version 0.19 (2009-01-24)
- Improved database structure. Existing data is automatically migrated to new structure at login.
- Rearranged Interface Options pages.
- Improved Roll Types page in Interface Options.
Version 0.18 (2009-01-24)
- Updated embedded Ace3 libraries to Release r907 - fixes a conflict with Decursive's embedded Ace3 libraries.
- Fixed history report for all roll types.
- Updated interface version for WoW 3.3.0.