FAQ: Q) Will PlateBuffs work on mobs?
A) Yes. but since mobs can share the same name you'll need to target or mouseover the nameplate so PlateBuffs can determine which nameplate belongs to what mob. Once that nameplate disappears from the screen and reappears you'll need to mouseover/target again. Q) What's the question mark for?
A) It can mean 2 things. 1) We don't know what mob that nameplate belongs to, 2) We don't know what spells are on that mob/player. In both cases you need to target/mouseover the nameplate. Q) Will PB work with non default nameplates?
A) PB should work with Tidy Plates, Aloft, dNameplates and caelNameplates. PB may or may not work with other nameplate addons. Q) Can I have specific buff options?
A) Yes. Open PlateBuff's options (/pb) and go to the Specific Spells menu. In there you can add spells and choose always/mine/never show, icon size and cooldown text size. Some spells are added by default to have large icons. Q) Why do spells blink?
A) Spells will blink if there's less then 20% of the time remaining. Q) Can you add a clockwise cooldown overlay to the spell icons?
A) Unfortunately the clock cooldown doesn't work well on frames that are constantly moving around the screen. It tends to disappear while the frame's moving and only appear when the icon's perfectly still. So as soon as you move, they move or your camera moves (including breathing up and down motion) the overlay disappears. Sorry. Q) What do all these spells in the Specific Spells list do?
A) If you're unfamiliar on what spells do what effects, enable the Add Spell Description option on the main screen. That will add a spell icon and spell description to each of the spells. When enabled, PlateBuffs' memory usage will go up around 2MB (memory usage only impacts login/load time, not FPS). Q) How do I turn off all buffs except those on my Specific Spells list?
A) In PlateBuffs' options, set both "Show Buffs" and "Show Debuffs" to none.
Donations welcome. There's a donate button on Curse and WoWace.
Bitcoin address: 1PiGukwoA9iiSQMWZNDGGuPfwugGTNJfnL
Tagged as 1.11.0.
- Pulling fixed LibAuraInfo files. They were packaged improperly before.
Tagged as 1.10.0
- Updated toc to 40200.
Tagged as 1.9.0
- Updated toc for 4.2
- Added about screen.
Tagged as 1.8.2beta
- Pulling new LibAuraInfo version for WoW4.2's Combatlog changes.
Tagged as 1.8.0 (release)
- Updated for 4.1.
Tagged as 1.7.4beta
- Grabbing LibNameplate changes made by archarodim. Maybe it'll work with 4.1 now. /shrug
Tagged as 1.7.3beta
- Pulling new LibAuraInfo (hopefully has fix for 4.1 combat log change)
Tagged as 1.7.1beta
- updated TOC to 40100 (WoW 4.1).
- changed core:AddBuffsToPlate() to rebuild buff frames when nameplate has not yet been initialized from its core:AddUnknownIcon() state.
- Update provided by acapela (Aloft).
Tagged as 1.7.0
- Ready for 4.0.1. Works on Default, Aloft and Tidy Plates.
Tagged as 1.6.6beta.
- Fixed spells doubling up when using TidyPlates.
- Grabbing new LibAuraInfo update (more spells).
Tagged as 1.6.5beta
- Grabbing new LibNameplate which should detect if Aloft/TidyPlates has confirmed a frame is a nameplate.
Tagged as 1.6.4beta
- Pulling new versions of LibNameplate and LibAuraInfo.
-- LibNameplate had bug that caused text to fly around.
-- LibAuraInfo had some code I use for debugging that wasn't commented out. It caused errors.
Tagged as 1.6.3beta
- Fixed error in combatlog.lua
Tagged as 1.6.2beta
- Pulling new version of LibNameplate. (fixes raidicon error)
Tagged as 1.6.1beta
- Update for 4.0.1 provided by nyoghta on the WoWAce forums. (http://forums.wowace.com/showpost.php?p=308186&postcount=22)
- Updated TOC file to 40000.
- Added OmniCC as a optional dependency in the pkgmeta file.
- Updated using a fix provided on the WoWAce forums. I need people to confirm it works.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com