ICDBars is a simple Internal Cooldown monitor. ICDs are shown as bars or icons (new), there is no in-game configuration available nor are there any plans to include one.
I wrote this since there were no addons that did exactly what I wanted and some that did also included a slew of other stuff.
In the end it's an extremely lightweight ICD monitor.
What do you need to know:
1. It will track any ICD as long as it's listed in the spells.lua file (more on this below) and the buff that triggers the ICD is actually a buff or debuff (ie. is tracked by UnitAura).
2. It works under the premise that once you gain the buff the cooldowns are triggered and remain even if the buff/debuff was cancelled.
3. There is an option to track ICDs triggered by equipping the item.
4. Configurations are saved by class (not character name).
The addon doesn't save any configuration, it only uses one file which is in the addon directory: spells.lua. Should be extremely easy to figure how to add / remove ICDs.
Means that a buff that triggers the ICD is called "Surge of Power" (the DFO trinket), the ICD lasts for 45 seconds and the item id is 50353 (look it up on wowhead). Item id isn't needed generally unless you want the ICD icon to be the item icon and/or want to track ICDs for equipment changes.
Recent Changes 2010.11.28:
Added an option to track ICDs triggered by debuffs eg. Cauterize, spells.lua format didn't change so you're safe not overwriting yours.
Note: some basic structures and the generalized idea came from Filger, which is a great addon and highly recommended.
- TOC bump for 4.3
- TOC bump for 4.2
- Minor optimizations (locals)
- TOC bump for 4.1
- Added an option to specify debuffs as triggers for ICDs
- Minor code reshuffling
- Minor code changes and optimisations
- Refactored a bunch of code
- Added an option to trigger the ICD if the item has been equipped (icd_track_equip_changes = true)
- Moved the barWidth setting from per spell configuration to a global location (same as size, scale and Mode)
- Changed the icd argument to only contain the ICD of the spell, no need to place a duration
- Added new options in the configuration:
- Mode: BAR or ICON; BAR: shows the ICD as a bar (like 0.9.1) and ICON: shows the ICD as a button with a swirly (duration will be shown if OmniCC or a similar addon is used)
- Margin: the margin between the bars/buttons
- Direction: the direction in which bars/buttons are built, can be DOWN (default in 0.9.1), UP, LEFT and RIGHT
- BAR only supports DOWN and UP
- size and scale (changes the size of the element, hight for BAR and hight/width for ICON)
- item is the item ID (can be found in wowhead), if item is specified it's icon will be used instead of the buff icon
- Changed the ICD duration to seconds (no reason for ms.)
- Fixed the texture path, dry coding ftw
- Minor fixes to .toc and the package
- First release