|Go to Page...|
A collection of simple modifications to the default UI
Aiming to remove unimportant information and “eye candy”, while making important things easier to track. Originally built for Arenas on low resolution monitors to present relevant information more clearly while keeping screen clutter to a minimum using Blizzards default UI. Works at any resolution and UI scale.
If you want to use the darker textures that can be seen in the 3rd screenshot, you can download it here: SantaUI Textures. It’s not needed, and SantaUI works just the same without them.
- Stripped from all graphics and positioned at the bottom of the screen.
- Redone the "Multibar Right" actionbar to be horizontal and repositioned for a total of 4 actionbars at the bottom of the screen.
- Pet and shapeshifting bars are hidden unless you mouse over them.
- Bag bar is hidden unless you mouse over it. Positioned in the bottom right corner.
- Micro menu is hidden unless you mouse over it. Positioned under the minimap.
- Rescaled for better visibility.
- Repositioned to be more compact.
- Names are class colored.
- Health can be shown as percent, with mana staying numeric so execute classes easier can spot ret/enh specs.
- Rescaled and repositioned for better visibility.
- Larger player and target cast bars.
- Larger focus cast bar anchored in the center of the screen.
- Cleaned up frame and tabs.
- Chat buttons are hidden unless you mouse over them.
- Minimap buttons are hidden unless you mouse over them.
There is no in-game configuration available, but changing the settings isn’t hard! For example, if you want the unit frames positioned like the 3rd screenshot, simply open the “UnitFrames.lua” file in your favourite text editor and change the line at the top that says “unitframes_position = 0” to “unitframes_position = 1” and /reload the game!
More configurations can be found in the other .lua files inside the SantaUI folder. They are all at the top of the files.
hide_hotkeys = true/false hide hotkeys on actionbars.
hide_macro_names = true/false hide macro names on actionbars.
show_all_bags = true/false show all bags, or just backpack. If only backpack, all bags will open when you click it.
focus_castbar_centered = true/false big centered focus castbar.
hide_background = true/false hide the chat background.
target_mana_number = true/false always display mana as a number.
True/false on all the available frames for mouseover. Won't list them since there are quite a few, but you'll figure it out :P