TomTomPing - Addon that uses TomTom's Crazy Arrow to display the direction and distance of pings and party members.
* Ping tracking: listens to Minimap pings
* Waypoint tracking: set and unset waypoints to track
* Player tracking: track any party or raid member
* Manual selection of tracking target
* Auto track Target, Focus, Mouseover, Mouseover-click (Works with addons like Healbot and Grid)
* Stick/Unstick current Arrow target: make current arrow target sticky; overrides selected tracking mechanism
* Color coded facing direction: green towards the target, red when running away from it
* Arrival check: direction arrow changes to down arrow on user defined range from destination
* Heal range check: recolors arrow when out of healing range
* Estimated time of arrival
* Broker support
* Compass as Broker text
* Semi-automatic map measurement for instance maps with unknown dimensions
Copy the TomTomPing folder to your Interface\AddOns directory.
You need to have TomTom installed. Only working with "TomTom-r216" or newer.
target - use current target as arrow target
stick - make current arrow target sticky / unstick again
clear - release the crazy arrow
ping - ping on self
waypoint - set waypoint on self
wpclear - clear waypoint
measure - init map size measurement (Move at least 20 yards!)
menu - display options menu
version - display the version information
help - display this help
Trigger commands via slash command, keybindings or mouse-clicks on Broker display or Minimap button.
The option menu lets you configure the addon behaviour in detail.
Using the "/ttp target" command will automatically stick the selected target as well if the auto tracking type is "Mouseover" or "Waypoint". This is to prevent the refresh routine to immediately overwrite the selected target again. For other tracking types the selected target stays non-sticky.
TomTomPing won't work in instances pre-WotLK since those don't support coordinate infos. That's why they don't have maps too - but this is finally going to change in Cataclysm.
This addon was inspired by the outdated PingDir.
Thanks Cladhaire for making TomTom usable by other addons.
Thanks Esamynn for making Astrolabe.
Thanks Knapster (alias Baaras) for the original developent of TomTomPing.
Update Version 1.2 r029:
* fixed problem with setting waypoint
* updated LibMapData-1.0
* bumped toc to 50400
Update Version 1.2 r028:
* now function ZoomOut() to zoom out on map
(finally getting rid of that annoying clicking sound when destination is unavailable on map)
Version 1.2 r027:
* modularized addon
* updated toc to 50300
* new feature to switch destination setting in tooltip
* new option to select mouse button for mouseover-click setting
* new handling for mouseover(-click) setup which combines several destination conditions with modificator key settings to activate/deactivate direction arrow
* conditions are 'in combat', 'out of combat', 'target alive', 'target dead', 'in casting range', 'out of casting range', 'target is player', 'target is pet'
* new static icon
* new optional dynamic compass icon indicating compass direction for data broker and minimap button
* users of Broker-display DockingStation will experience scaling of compass icon based on current direction; fix it by adjusting DockingStation like below
local ULx, ULy, LLx, LLy, URx, URy, LRx, LRy = value, value, value, value, value, value, value, value
Update Version 1.1 r026:
* fixed text colorization function
* renamed event PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED to GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE
* fixed raid unit name mapping due to new GetNumGroupMembers
Update Version 1.1 r025:
* fixed taint issue caused by using global _ variable
Update Version 1.1 r024:
* adjustments due to WoW API changes
* internal text coloring now supports nested colors
* updated libraries
* updated toc to 50001
* removed Astrolabe library
* added LibMapData-1.0 support
* several changes to destination handling
* reducing calls to SetMapToCurrentZone to reduce occasional hiccups producing fps drop and lag
* fixed bug with unit name coloring
* removed obsolete optional DBM dependency
* removed obsolete default DB values
Update v1.1 r022:
* updated .toc to 4.3
Update v1.1 r021:
* added option to hide arrow immediately on arrival
* cleaned up library includes
* updated libraries
* updated .toc to 4.2
(same revision; main directory properly included now)
Update v1.1 r019:
* compass properly highlights north now
* removed bug occurring when making empty target sticky when mouseover is destination