I don't play WoW anymore (at least currently) and do not have an active subscription. So I cannot and will not work on my addons anymore. Sorry.
However, Calebzor has done awesome work in updating and improving this addon, including an ingame config. Check it out here!
nivBuffs is a replacement for blizzards default buff frames. It shows your buffs, debuffs and temporary weapon enchants.
Using SecureAuraHeaders, so you can cancel buffs via rightclick!
Remaining duration can be displayed as spiral texture, bar and/or text.
Shows stack count for buffs/debuffs with 2 or more stacks.
Blinking icons for buffs/debuffs that will expire soon.
Sorted by time, name or spell ID.
Custom icon border (change the texture if you don't like it).
Support for custom styling with ButtonFacade.
Differently colored borders for temporary weapon enchants and debuffs.
Debuff highlighting by debuff type.
There is no ingame config (at least not yet), but you can adjust appearance and behaviour in "config.lua" using a text editor.
You can cancel weapon enchants by now, but the second one still references to the first.
Third weapon enchant doesn't work (because of broken Blizzard code).
Because some people still have problems with correctly setting up the anchoring and grow direction stuff, here are some examples (r14+). These are only the settings for buffs, but changing the debuffs works the same way.
-- Anchored to topleft corner of the UI,
-- growing horizontally to the right in rows of 20 icons,
- Debuff border coloring now also works with ButtonFacade.
- Removed experimental code that caused more taint errors.
- Added position offset settings for duration text.
- Fixed taint errors with enabled ButtonFacade.
- Added separate font color settings for duration text and stack counter.
- Added position settings for stack counter.
- Fixed that garbage thingy -> mem usage should stay low now.
- Due to patch 4.0.3 the following things now properly work (at least): canceling weapon enchants, sorting and disabling "separateOwn" attribute.
- Added ButtonFacade support (disabled by default, requires ButtonFacade r344+).
- Added options to adjust font, font size and font style.
- The duration spiral doesn't overlap the border anymore.
- Added duration bars inside of the icons.
- Added option to toggle duration bars.
- Added option to toggle duration text timers.
- Added some options which allow vertical growth and more.
- Duration text now can also be placed to the left or right of the icon.
- Removed "(de)buffGrowDir" options (you can still change it).
- If you have problems setting it up as you wish, check out the example configs on the description page!
- Fixed duration spirals (again).
- Set "separateOwn" header attribute. So whenever blizz fixes their wonderful code, this will actually make your own buffs not be separated from the others.. *cough*
- Fixed buffs/debuffs not hiding when the whole interface is hidden (ALT+Z).
- Random code improvements.
- Added debuff border coloring by debuff type.
- Added separate scale option for debuffs.
- Nicer border via SetBackdrop.
- Border doesn't look awkward anymore when the icon is blinking.
- Stack counter stays opaque when the icon is blinking.
- Increased maximum number of rows to 10.
- Duration spiral can be turned off again.
- Added option for brightness of the default non-colored icon border.
- Remaining time text matches the tooltip time now.
- Even further reduced CPU usage.
- New blinking algorithm.
- Added option to adjust blinking speed.
- Fixed border color error of second weapon enchant (correct icons, tooltip still broken, blame Blizzard).
- Added different border coloring for temporary weapon enchants (item quality) and debuffs (darkred).
- Added option to disable these colored borders.
- Added cooldown spiral for temporary weapon enchants.
- New border texture.
- Reduced CPU usage.
- Removed updateDelay option (not longer neccessary).
- Removed experimental code that caused an error in the SecureAuraHeader code.
- Fixed bug that hides stack count when the cooldown spiral is disabled.
- Growth direction for Dummies.
- Added option to hide cooldown spirals.
- Fixed cooldown spiral overlaying the stack count.
- Fixed cooldown spiral disappearing.
- Added more detailed positioning/anchoring options.
- Added options for font color, update interval and temporary weapon enchants.