WhisperNotify displays Whispers sent to you in the middle of the screen with a fadeout, ala combat style, message and an optional audio alert.
I tend to overlook Whispers if I'm not specifically watching my chat box, especially Whispers from NPCs during quests. Hence, this little addon. The messages still show up in your chat box, they just also appear in the message area of your screen.
It will remember your settings separately for each character and set itself when loaded.
GUI based config with new options in version 1.15!
WhisperNotify slash commands
You can use /wn or /whispernotify
/wn - shows help
/wn ver - shows the version number
/wn reset - resets all options to defaults.
/wn on - turn WhisperNotify on for the current character
/wn off - turn WhisperNotify off for the current character
/wn silent - toggles alert sound on/off for the current character
/wn status - displays the WhisperNotify Status for the current character
/wn style - toggles bewteen the default and compact display styles
/wn test - sends a test whisper to the on screen diplay
/wn time S - sets time whispers stay on screen before starting to fade to S seconds (default is 5)
/wn fade S - sets time whispers take to fade out to S seconds (default is 2)
/wn move X Y - sets the offset of the frame from the center of the screen
/wn resize W H - sets the size the frame. Default is 600 x 200
Control Outline on fonts
Possibly add other chat types
05/21/2013 - v1.18.4
- Updated TOC for WoW 5.3
12/01/2012 - v1.18.3
- Updated TOC for WoW 5.1
09/11/2012 - v1.18.2
- Updated TOC for WoW 5.0x
12/01/2011 - v1.18.1
- Updated TOC for WoW 4.3
10/02/2011 - v1.18
- Updated TOC for WoW 4.2
11/29/2010 - v1.17b
- Redid the sound system - Now uses it's own sound files instead of the system sounds. Custom sounds available by replacing the "custom.mp3" file with the sound you want to use.
11/21/2010 - v1.16b
- Should now trigger on BattleNet(RealID) whispers as well. NEEDS TESTING!
- New Config Option - Time Between sounds - This keeps the sound from playing repeatedly if you've got a series of whispers coming in quick sequence.
- New Config Option - Sound to play - Choose which system sound to play.
Note: If you want custom sounds for your chat messages, I suggest the addon "ChatSounds", available on WowInterface
- Added Optional Dependancy to the TOC to make sure ChatSounds is loaded first if you are using it, this allows ChatSounds to hook the events first.
11/14/2010 - v1.15
- Fixed combat suppresion bug (I hope!)
- Added config GUI. Go to Game Menu - Interface - Addons - WhisperNotify to configure. All of the old command line options are still in place for now.
- In my personal opionion there is something wrong with a system where the code for the config needs to be twice the size of the actual program code...
- The Font, along with it's color, size and alpha(transparency) can now be set, but only from the GUI, not the command line.
- Small oddity: if the Alpha is less than fully opaque, the message will go fully opaque just before it fades out. Dunno why yet.
- Another small oddity: If the font size is raised above a certain size (30 on my system), the game ignores it and continues to disply at 30. I think this has something to do with the UI Scaling. Not sure if I can do anything about this.
11/12/2010 - v1.12b - Beta Version
11/09/2010 - v1.11b - Code and internal variable cleanup in prep for config GUI. Not released to the public.
-Added slash command to move frame
-Added slash command to resize frame
-Added slash commands to set time and fade delays
-Added option to suppress whisper display if in combat
-Added option for one line display instead having the name on a separate line.
-Fixed bug where if the sound was on, but the addon was off, the sound would still play.
11/05/2010 - v1.02 - Fixed issue with on/off command that was preventing addon from working for some.