This addon saves a backup of you chat window info so you can load it on another character.
This addon will need to be loaded all the time or else the chat window settings don't save to the chat-cache.txt file and then your chat windows won't be in the right place; even though they will be showing the right information(at least that's what my testing showed).
/een info - Show this info and the current settings
/een save - Save the current character's chat windows
/een load - Load the backup
/een autoload - toggles the auto-magic loading of the settings for new characters(default is on)
/een msg - togles the popup telling you to reloadui(default shows the message)
/een reset - should reset the chat tabs to be docked, have a parent of UIParent, be interactible and be locked
/een ver - toggles verbose mode(showing messages at all)
Use, change or otherwise put this code to use however you feel. I don't think there will be much to fix, but please feel free to let me know of any bugs. If you do use it, please let me know which addon has the code in it so that I may test any conflicts between my addon and yours running the same code.
I'm on Twitter, Facebook, and Player.me. If I don't get back to your comments here, try and leave me a message there too.
Some of this code was taken from wowwiki, wowace, and from Xinhuan (/ty).
- CLEANED up the code, added some comments (in case someone wanted to go thru and use part or all of the addon, just let me know what you're using and I'll test my addon with yours & it's new code addition(s))
- CHANGED the reset function to move the tabs to the middle of the screen. They will keep their size(if they were really big, they might be off screen(?) but they'd have to have been REALLY big :P )
- ADDED a message pop-up to reload the ui automagically after the reset. This is suggested as some changes seem to only show after this(re-docking windows only shows after the UI has reloaded)
- CHANGED when the addon loads. I no longer enters on PLAYER_ENTERED_WORLD but instead now runs on LOADING_SCREEN_DISABLED. Basically it should fire every time the loading screen closes, making it update a bit more often but nothing too crazy. This also means it should load AFTER most other addons, giving it priority over the chat frames(sort of, some addons are going to require they not mess with the chat tabs and I'm not sure the authors of those would appreciate adding in little bits like that in case my addon doesn't work)(Supervillian UI(my first choice of UI and unfortunately the first incompatibility I've found) has an issue where it moves the tabs whenever you click on one of its fake tabs, i'm thinking it would require a significant code change for them and haven't requested it be changed just for me) (this doesn't mean don't use Supervillian UI, quite the opposite in fact, I'd suggest you try it out, just enable Een's to get you colour/channels/etc. then disable Een's again)
- ADDED a warning that should print in chat(just the general chat that I've noticed so far). This warning will print that you haven't saved any data and to run the '/een save' command. This warning prints every time you finish a loading screen, just in case you forgot... :)
- ADDED a warning that should print in chat(just the general chat that I've noticed so far). This warning will print that you haven't saved any colour data and to change a colour and then run '/een save'.This warning prints every time you finish a loading screen, just in case you forgot... :) (also rainbows) (seems this rarely will show :/ apparently the UPDATE_CHAT_COLOR event fires often and even if you didn't do anything?)
- KNOWN ISSUE - some warnings aren't showing properly until the chat windows are 'refreshed' changing the active chat tab and going back seems to do this, but I'm having issues figuring out the best (non-intrusive) way to do this code-wise
- ADDED compatibility for the chatframes to be nested inside other frames(Thanx to ElvUI guys, Darth Predator and Blazeflack)(Thanx coleberhorst for pointing out this wasn't possible before)
- REMOVED the saving of the chatframes info per character, this was for an unimplemented feature and was just wasting space
- FIXED the PLAYER_ENTERED_WORLD event filter so that it actually works :P
- ADDED a reset feature!! entering '/een reset' will now reset the chatframes that have channels or messages assigned so that they dock with the General tab and have its parent frame. This will help if your chatframes disappear as they are most likely just off screen and not invisible. This will NOT remove chatframes, it won't go back to a default (i.e. new character) settings. All other settings(i.e. channels, assigned messages, colours, etc. will be kept)
- ADDED a verbose toggle('/een ver') to show or hide messages from the addon(this is separate from /een msg which toggles messages in pop-up vs printed in chatlog)
- ADDED an info option that will print the instructions and print out the settings(autoload, pop-ups, and verbose)1.3.1a
- "DOH!", always fully test first
- Now grabs channels(General, Trade, etc.) *NOTE* I haven't written anything for channels that have passwords or whatever so please let me know how that works (Thanx Hubot)
- Now with COLOUR! (Thanx to Constie-Norgannon for the idea)
- updated the way the mod handles combat log(it can't be moved/resized ? ), while still allowing for other docked frames
- changed the way the mod handles docked chatframes
- Updated TOC to 6.0.2
- added 'autoload' and 'msg' toggles to the /een command
- addon now stores a copy of the settings for each character as well as the account-wide set, this allows the addon to always load the per-character set if its there as the chat-cache.txt file doesn't seem to be saving the positions of the chat windows(even tho the other settings are saving there)
- First version, use /een save to save current chat windows and /een load to load the back to the current character