So, you've heard of Gnomish X-Ray Specs? Like most Gnomish technology, they're good for giggles but of little practical value.
These lenses, on the other hand (er, eye?) let you really "look into" things. Anything you merely glance at -- an item, units of some currency, a record of someone's great achievement, the name of a spell, and all sorts of things normally requiring close inspection -- is fully described for your perusal. And they even work with whatever headgear you already have!
Adds tooltips with useful information to other link types:
player (for Battle.net friends, WoW friends, and guild members)
If you're also using my DiggerAid addon for archaeology, this addon enables mouseover tips for its custom hyperlink types (one which describes an artifact in progress, and the "click to solve" link)
Originally based on a secondary feature of Tekkub's tekKompare addon (http://tekkub.net), which I still recommend. (It shows item comparison tooltips in all cases, not just at the times where the default UI thinks it's useful.)
v. 7.0 - 2016/08/18
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 7.0.
- Handles icons for Battle.net friends in newer games.
v. 6.0 - 2014/10/14
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 6.0.
v. 5.2 - 2013/03/05
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.2.
v. 5.1 - 2012/12/19
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.1.
- Fixed an error when mousing over Battle.net friend links.
- Fixed an error when mousing over Dungeon Journal "tier" links (such as appear when gaining a level, e.g. "You're now eligible for [Cataclysm] Heroics").
v. 5.0 - 2012/08/28
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.0.
v. 4.3.2 - 2012/06/17
- Fixed some issues with tooltips for player links (for WoW friends and guild members).
v. 4.3.1 - 2012/06/05
- Added hover tooltips for Battle.net friend links (seen when such friends go online/offline or chat), providing all the info normally found in the Friends panel.