UPDATED FOR MISTS!!!!!
Herbalism to 600 is not currently implemented.
GatherNow aims to be a lightweight gathering profession assistant. Its soul purpose in existence is to provide a small visual queue for what resource to gather and where to gather it best.
The helper was designed from the point of view of a high level character skilling up a gathering profession. It is intended to provide the fastest possible route to max level as possible.
More details below:
Supports Mining and Herbalism
Interface provides a small icon for the resource(s)you should be gathering and the location(s) they can be found
Mousing over the resource will tell you it's name and suggested zone for farming it. The suggested zone may change as you skill up, alternate zones included for some but not all resources.
Display level as you skill up
Remind you to train when available with a chat message and a sound
Uses some ACE3 Framework
When possible the recommended zone is based upon your current location. (This is mainly used in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms)
IMPORTANT Things to note:
Suggestions are based upon information gathered on Wowhead
Rare resources are not required to level therefore currently do not exist in the helper
You may come across ore or herbs that are not suggested to gather in order to level. This does not mean you shouldn't gather it. The suggestions are based solely on getting to max skill as soon as possible.
In Planning but might take some time to happen:
More adjusting and clarification of the frame. Current resourece icons are too close together on the window.
Way Point to next zone, map overly of where to find the resource in a zone
Gathered material values, scan all gathering prof mats in the AH and give list of prices and suggested farming for profit
Improved Character level and location logic to improve suggestions for lower level players
Things this add-on won't do:
Track nodes or routes - there are already several great add ons available for doing this and I do not wish to reinvent the wheel in that aspect.
Screen location does not accurately retain it's exact location.
Currently modes must be toggled by using the buttons on the gui. Tracking interaction hopefully will work in the future
Does not remember your tracking on reload of UI (this includes login), therefore you currently have to select the toggle for what you are farming
Does not properly hide if you do not have the gathering skills supported
- Updated to work with 5.2.
- Corrected issue with ore showing up as pants
- Uploaded same version that is available on other add-on sites.
- Changed name of add-on. Another add-on with the same name existed already.
- Fixed several issues that caused inconsistent loads.
- Uploaded same build as it available on Curse.
- Herbalism Completed
- Completed GUI layout and added tooltips
- Fixed bug where a reload was required to populate the screen
- Fixed several bugs related to itemID's
- Fixed bug that caused no update when skill first learned
- Frame now hides and shows with tracking or ore
- Added start zone locations based upon characters race
- Added PlaySoundFile to trigger when you can train next level (need to add character level logic)
- Broke the Creation of the window into several functions
- Converted to ACE3 Libraries
- Corrected bug when no profession existed
- Skill level now increases on the window as you mine.
- Name of add on corrected to WhereToNow instead of WhereToMine.
- Initial feature set enabled
2/15/2012 (10:30 PM EST)
- Rezipped from Windows PC to eliminate compression error
- Fixed bug where a zone would display if you didn't have mining
- made some adjustments to retaining screen position (needs more work)
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com