= KayrMacro - Programmatic Macros Addon for World of Warcraft
= Copyright (c) Kvalyr - 2012 - All Rights Reserved
+ TL;DR: Automatically writes macros for Bandages, Potions, Food/Water, Mounts,
PvP CC Breakers that work across alts. Check the screenshots!
+ When out of combat, KayrMacro automatically constructs macros for specific purposes
(such as bandages, potions or PvP CC-breakers) according to what is available to
the current character, thus saving the player from having to waste macro slots
to do the same thing across different characters; as well as providing the means
to always use the best potion/bandage/trinket (depending on macro type) available,
instead of digging through one's inventory.
+ This allows the player to have just one PvPTrinket macro, for example, that they can
place on their action bars on all of their characters and which will provide access
to up to 4 different CC breakers on a single action-button through the use of modifier
KayrMacro saves the player from having to waste macro slots on creating individual
CC/PvPTrinket macros for each of their alts, by instead dynamically rewriting the same
macro across different characters.
(Examples below and in Screenshots)
+ Similarly, the player can put the KM BandagePotion macro on their actionbars and it will
always use the best available health potion (no modifier) or bandage (shift) or mana
potion (ctrl), and so on.
That way, a single macro can be functional across all of the player's alts, regardless
of their different inventories.
When determining the items to use, KM takes into account whether an Lv30 character
can use an lv55 Potion or an lv45 bandage, and so on.
(Examples in Screenshots)
+ Cross-Character CC/PvP-Trinket macro
- This module of KayrMacro automatically writes a macro with the follow properties
according to your class and available abilities and items:
No modifier key pressed: Use best PvP trinket available
Shift key pressed: Use best available Anti-Charm/Sleep/Fear ability
(Will of the Forsaken, etc.)
Ctrl key pressed: Use best available movement-impairment-breaking
ability (talented Fade, Blink, Hand of Freedom, etc.)
Alt key pressed: Use best 'immunity' spell available (Divine Shield,
Cloak of Shadows, Icebound Fortitude, etc.)
If no PvP Trinket is available, the best Anti-Charm ability will be placed on
If no anti-charm ability is available on that character, the best
movement-impairment-breaker will be placed on the shift modifier, etc.
Examples of what the CCTrinket macro will look like on different characters:
#showtooltip /cast [mod:shift,]Blink; [mod:ctrl,]Icy Veins;
[mod:alt,]Iceblock; Every Man for Himself
#showtooltip /cast [mod:shift,]Will of the Forsaken; [mod:ctrl,]Sprint;
[mod:alt,]Cloak of Shadows; Cataclysmic Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity
+ Cross-Character Bandage/Potion Macros
- This module of KayrMacro automatically writes macros to use the best bandages
or potions available, similar to the CC/Trinket macro.
- There are 3 bandage/potion macros available:
- BandagePotion - Combines Health Potions, Bandages and Mana potions in one
- HealthPotion - Just provides the best and second-best health potions in one
- ManaPotion - Just provides the best and second-best mana potions in one
+ Cross-Character Food/Water Macros
- This module of KayrMacro automatically writes macros to use the best water
or food available, similar to the CC/Trinket macro.
- There are 2 food/water macros available; One with Food on [nomod] and the other
with water on [nomod], but both macros contain food and water on the various
+ Cross-character Mount Macro
- This module allows you to use a single mount macro across all of your characters
while specifying account-wide mount choices for the following circumstances:
- Swimming (Useful for druid aquatic form or Abyssal Seahorse in Vashj'ir)
- Indoors (Useful for druid cat form, Shaman ghost wolf, DK Unholy Presence, etc.)
- Ground (Before you learn flying; or when in Battlegrounds, etc.)
- Flying (The mount/ability to use when you're in an area where you can fly)
- You can specify account-wide choices to use as 'defaults' across all of your
characters and also specify character-specific choices.
- This allows you to choose Travel Form as your druid's ground mount, whilst
letting your non-druid characters use a horse/wolf/whatever, etc.
+ All major features and individual macros can be toggled at any time by the user
through the addon's options menu. (Esc Menu -> Interface -> Addons -> KayrMacro
or type "/km")
+ KayrMacro ONLY automates the process of writing the macros. It does not (and cannot)
modify the macros during combat, only outside of combat.
It will not 'bot' or 'cheat' or do anything apart from provide the player more
convenient access to existing Blizzard functionality!
+ KayrMacro is in BETA status - There may be bugs and feedback is welcome!
+ Access the KM configuration through the Interface->Addons menu or by typing /km
- Enable or disable the different parts of the Addon from there
+ For the mount macro, enter the names of the mounts or abilities you want to use
in each of the situations (swimming, indoors, ground, flying)
- You can choose to specify abilities/mounts for your specific character,
which will override the account-wide settings
+ Open WoW's built-in macro menu (type /m) to find the KM macros
- All KM macro names begin with "_KM" for easy identification and will probably
be somewhere near the start of the macro icons there.
- If your macro storage space is full, KayrMacro will not be able to create its
macros for you to use.
- Drag the KM macros to your action bars and use them as you would any other
macros in WoW.
+ Players comfortable with editing Lua files may edit KM_Defaults.lua to change the
order/preference of different potion type, CC-breakers, etc. for the different
macros in the following format:
KayrMacro will fill the 'slots' in the macro accordingly.
Example from defaults:
nomod = "PVPTrinket_AntiCharm_AntiMovement_Immunity",
When deciding what to write for the [nomod] portion of the PvP trinket macro
in this case KM will first try to find a PvP Trinket (Or EMFH for humans), and
if one is not found it will put the best Anti-Charm ability on [nomod] instead.
Changing these settings in the current version of KayrMacro is NOT SUPPORTED in
any way and players do so at their own risk. Later versions of KM will provide a
graphical interface to configure these settings
- CCT: Updated to make 'auto' mode optional and to allow the user to specify abilities per-key per-character manually
- Minor bugfixes
- MNT: Added Mount macro
- CON: Improved defaults for consumables macros
- CON: Merged options pages for BP & FW
- CON: Improved support for non-potion potion-likes
- CCT: Hopefully fixed bugs in Trinket determination at PlayerLevel < maxLevel
- Updated to KLib 0.4.2 for PerChar var support
- CON: Broadened support for non-potion but potion-like items to include more than just healthstones
- Important Update - KLib Major version bump (0.4)
- Improved localization support for non-english regions (Due to improved itemClass localization in KLib v0.4.0)
- CON: Added Warlock healthstones to BandagePotion module. (Optional)
- CON: Fixed food/water handling for WoW 5.0.4 changes
- Fixed macros sometimes including items with higher required level than the character can use
- new tooltip-scanning glitch fix applied
- Updated for KLib 0.3.24
- Added possible fix for issue of empty macros
- Updated for KLib 0.3.23
- (Actually packaged KLib with KM this time - Epic fail previously!)
- CON: Improved algorithms for determining best potions/bandages/etc to use
- CON: Added the option to include/exclude 'rejuvenation'-type potions
- Rewrote and generalised main item determination functions
- Added option to prefer bigger or smaller item stacks for items with equal values
- Updated for KLib 0.3.22
- Added experimental support for non-English locales (Feedback welcome!)
- CON: Added Food/Water Macro