Minion Beta! - Help us test our new AddOn updater. Get it now!
Download
(821 Kb)
Download
Updated: 11-27-12 11:54 PM
Updated:11-27-12 11:54 PM
Created:08-29-12 12:06 AM
Downloads:7,029
Favorites:32
MD5:

DoTimer Fix for 5.1  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)

Version: 2
by: Neuro [More]

This is a quick fix to DoTimer to clean up the bugs in 5.04. I coded this for a guildmate, and he asked me to publish it.

Once the author of DoTimer updates his addon, I'll pull this one down. I can't guarantee it works 100%, but it does work.

5.1: Uploaded a new version, it works for me, but that's not saying much. If people could try it out and see if it's working, and report back any bugs, I'd appreciate it.

Archived Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1
821kB
Neuro
08-29-12 12:06 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 09-15-14, 11:52 AM  
DaBigNob
A Defias Bandit

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 14
Uploads: 0
This addon is still crashing

I've been trying to use this addon, including this 5.1 fix and it's still crashing. It causes wow to completely hang at various times. I've tried uninstalling Atlas but it doesn't help. But when it does crash (i,e, hang), I can alt tab out and hit ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the Task Manager and kill the unresponsive wow.exe, so at least I don't have to completely reboot the system.

I've been scouring the addon sites and I cannot find a single addon out there that does what DoTimer did. There are lots of things that come close (TellMeWhen, CoolLine Cooldowns, Natur enemy cast bars etc) but none of them do what DoTimer does with the same flexibility and overall level of awesomeness.

I am sure there are a lot of people who really want to use this addon. I am certainly one of them. But I don't know the first thing about debugging wow addons. What can we do? This addon needs to be fixed and brought back to the forefront. I'm going to look into general wow addon debugging techniques. I want to try and find out what is causing DoTimer to lock up. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look for wow addon debugging strategies, tools, etc, then please post a reply.

Lets fix DoTimer and give it a new life.
Last edited by DaBigNob : 09-15-14 at 11:53 AM.
DaBigNob is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-13, 10:58 AM  
flep
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Exclamation Freeze when getting into a BG

I don't use Atlas (I use AtlasLoot, but I think isn't related) and was able to login with this Fix and DoTimer enabled.

But as soon I get into a BG, the game freezes after the load screen
flep is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-13, 02:11 PM  
C A I N
A Murloc Raider
 
C A I N's Avatar

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 11
Uploads: 0
this mod still locks up when used at the same time as Atlas
C A I N is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-12, 08:51 PM  
wusula
A Kobold Labourer
 
wusula's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 7
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by wusula
Originally Posted by Neuro
Originally Posted by wusula
I don't use Atlas, but the same problem happens to me.
I am stuck in the loading screen.
After deleting the DoTimer.lua from the WTF folder, I could get through loading screen.
But after I change the setting of DoTimer and reload UI, I'm stuck again.

EDIT: I tried the last version for 5.0.4. It worked well.
Can you clarify? The previous 5.0.4 version of DoTimer I have on here doesn't give you problems, but the 5.1 version does?
Yes.

Version 5.0.4 with my original settings works well with me.
But, version 5.1.0 didn't work with my settings.
I don't know why. But, after I switched back to ver50004.
Ver50100 also works well with me now.
Even after I replace the WTF setting file from my backup, it still works well.

I'll report if it happens again.
wusula is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-12, 08:11 PM  
wusula
A Kobold Labourer
 
wusula's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 7
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Neuro
Originally Posted by wusula
I don't use Atlas, but the same problem happens to me.
I am stuck in the loading screen.
After deleting the DoTimer.lua from the WTF folder, I could get through loading screen.
But after I change the setting of DoTimer and reload UI, I'm stuck again.

EDIT: I tried the last version for 5.0.4. It worked well.
Can you clarify? The previous 5.0.4 version of DoTimer I have on here doesn't give you problems, but the 5.1 version does?
Yes.

Version 5.0.4 with my original settings works well with me.
But, version 5.1.0 didn't work with my settings.
wusula is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-12, 05:25 PM  
Maelynn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
Maelynn's Avatar

Forum posts: 15
File comments: 184
Uploads: 0
Okay, I also had the DoTimer 'crash the game' thing going on.. initially, the game would freeze even before the loading screen was gone. I installed this fix, the game would finally load, but as soon as I'd hover over a running timer it'd still freeze. Tried disabling Atlas, which did the trick. Right now I've got Atlas disabled and DoTimer running with this fix, and haven't had a crash in over an hour.

Just wanted to confirm that it's a clash with Atlas, hope this info is useful. I hope this can be fixed soon.
__________________
Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
Maelynn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-12, 02:50 PM  
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian
 
Neuro's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 60
File comments: 66
Uploads: 4
Originally Posted by wusula
I don't use Atlas, but the same problem happens to me.
I am stuck in the loading screen.
After deleting the DoTimer.lua from the WTF folder, I could get through loading screen.
But after I change the setting of DoTimer and reload UI, I'm stuck again.

EDIT: I tried the last version for 5.0.4. It worked well.
Can you clarify? The previous 5.0.4 version of DoTimer I have on here doesn't give you problems, but the 5.1 version does?
Neuro is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-12, 10:12 AM  
SamadhiUF
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Nillin
The problem, in my case at least, is definately the combination of DoTimer and Atlas.

If SamadhiUF (or anyone else...) could try disabling Atlas, if they do in fact have it, we could at least confirm this is where the problem lies. Looks likely Neuro won't be able to help us though. : /
Good troubleshooting there, Nillin. I tried with a fresh Level 1 and can get in with only DoTimer running. I don't run Atlas, so it must be something else that's conflicting in my addon list. I'll see if I can't figure out what.
SamadhiUF is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-12, 08:31 AM  
wusula
A Kobold Labourer
 
wusula's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 7
Uploads: 0
I don't use Atlas, but the same problem happens to me.
I am stuck in the loading screen.
After deleting the DoTimer.lua from the WTF folder, I could get through loading screen.
But after I change the setting of DoTimer and reload UI, I'm stuck again.

EDIT: I tried the last version for 5.0.4. It worked well.
Last edited by wusula : 11-29-12 at 09:11 AM.
wusula is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-12, 06:16 PM  
Nillin
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
The problem, in my case at least, is definately the combination of DoTimer and Atlas.

The problem I reported below seems to be more related to Atlas than DoTimer - it is possible, by disabling Atlas, logging in, logging out and enabling Atlas to get everything working together perfectly fine - but next login it will break again. Atlas' modular structure is fairly new so a blind guess points as that as the actual problem - it does work perfectly fine with DoTimer disabled however.

If SamadhiUF (or anyone else...) could try disabling Atlas, if they do in fact have it, we could at least confirm this is where the problem lies. Looks likely Neuro won't be able to help us though. : /

On the plus side, I can raid without letting SnD fall off like a numpty now...I just can't see all the loot I didn't get. Which probably isn't such a bad tradeoff.

Edit: I should add, running Atlas v1.22.1
Last edited by Nillin : 11-28-12 at 06:17 PM.
Nillin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-12, 05:29 PM  
Nillin
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
Deleting the settings meant deleting the .lua file (as I can't get as far as the profiles screen at that point).

I tried a level 1 which was the same, however turning every other addon off gets things going again (I should have tried that earlier, d'oh). I'll try and figure out what DoTimer isn't getting along with.

Edit: Appears to be some Atlas modules. Trying to identify which.
Last edited by Nillin : 11-28-12 at 05:48 PM.
Nillin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-12, 05:18 PM  
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian
 
Neuro's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 60
File comments: 66
Uploads: 4
Originally Posted by SamadhiUF
Originally Posted by Neuro
Originally Posted by Nillin
If it's any help, deleting the addon and associated saved variables and reinstalling does allow you to log in once with it active - but subsequent logins will get stuck. Possibly something changed with the format/types of variables?

It does appear to get as far as popping up the 'This addon is in simple mode' box if you just delete the settings.
Are you using this version of the addon, because I've had zero issues with logging in.
Same problem here. I can confirm the behavior Nillin is reporting as far as deleting settings letting you get into simple mode, but it hanging if you re-enable things.

Thanks a ton for picking this up, though!
When you say you delete the settings, what does that entail? Are you restoring them to default settings, or are you deleting the actual SavedVariables file?

If you would, can you create a lvl 1 character (not a panda!) and see how DoTimer interacts with a fresh character?
Neuro is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-12, 04:37 PM  
Fizzgig
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Neuro
Originally Posted by Fizzgig
Still getting the consolidate buffs problem.
Fizz, this issue goes beyond what I was looking to do for this addon, it's something the addon author should address, but here's a quick and dirty fix which I believe will help:

Go into your Interface/Addons/DoTimer/PlayerAuras folder and open up the core.lua file with Wordpad. Hit Ctrl-H which should bring up the "Replace" window. In the 'Find what:' section, type in "ConsolidatedBuffs", and in the "Replace with:" section, type in "-- Consolidated Buffs". Then hit Replace All.

This will comment out the section of the code that is problematic. I honestly don't know if it has any side effects, but it should stop the behavior you are having problems with.
That fixed it, much appreciated!
Fizzgig is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-12, 03:33 PM  
SamadhiUF
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Neuro
Originally Posted by Nillin
If it's any help, deleting the addon and associated saved variables and reinstalling does allow you to log in once with it active - but subsequent logins will get stuck. Possibly something changed with the format/types of variables?

It does appear to get as far as popping up the 'This addon is in simple mode' box if you just delete the settings.
Are you using this version of the addon, because I've had zero issues with logging in.
Same problem here. I can confirm the behavior Nillin is reporting as far as deleting settings letting you get into simple mode, but it hanging if you re-enable things.

Thanks a ton for picking this up, though!
SamadhiUF is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-12, 01:19 PM  
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian
 
Neuro's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 60
File comments: 66
Uploads: 4
Originally Posted by Fizzgig
Still getting the consolidate buffs problem.
Fizz, this issue goes beyond what I was looking to do for this addon, it's something the addon author should address, but here's a quick and dirty fix which I believe will help:

Go into your Interface/Addons/DoTimer/PlayerAuras folder and open up the core.lua file with Wordpad. Hit Ctrl-H which should bring up the "Replace" window. In the 'Find what:' section, type in "ConsolidatedBuffs", and in the "Replace with:" section, type in "-- Consolidated Buffs". Then hit Replace All.

This will comment out the section of the code that is problematic. I honestly don't know if it has any side effects, but it should stop the behavior you are having problems with.
Neuro is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: