This mod simulates Elegon's Energy Charge waves so you can practice dpsing them at a training dummy. 6 wave total. Displays a timer bar and a simulated health bar.
/elegon starts the timers.
/elegon help to print some helpful spam if you are confused.
To use this mod:
Situate yourself at the training dummies. Preferably the level 90 dummies in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Start the timers with /elegon.
FOCUS TARGET a training dummy to mark it as an Energy Charge while the Draw Power timer is ticking, but dps a different target dummy.
Mock the training dummy's mother and shout out some slander to get pumped for the incoming energy charges.
DPS your focus target when the energy charge wave begins. The simulated health bar next to the timer is the damage you're aiming for.
If you have lingering DoT effects after you've killed the sparkydoo, switch your focus target to a clean dummy during the Draw Power down-time to prevent the left-over DoTs being tracked in the next wave.
Repeat until all waves have been completed. You can stop the sim by right-clicking the timer bar.
-Only your damage to your focus target during the energy wave is tracked. While slightly inconvenient, use of the focus target was the best way to do this simulation.
-All damage tracked is multiplied (+50%) as if you are standing in the energy vortex.
-Pet damage is tracked, but extra pet things like mirror images is not.
-You may want to make a focus target keybind or macro if you don't already have one.
Avoid cheating! To get best usage,
- don't target your energy charge until the wave begins
- re-focus to a different training dummy between waves to avoid tracking lingering DoTs
- group with people for raid buffs (you really shouldn't need to though!)
- Now tracks pet damage (but not extra mobs like mirror images)
- split elegon addon off from rapture addon. appropriately renamed "MooseElegon"
- "/mooser elegon" command now just "/elegon"
- added "/elegon help" spam
- control key no longer needs to be held to drag the bar
- right-clicking the timer bar to stop the sim now prints the end-sim dataz
- accidentally removed the line which updates the health status bar. it's back now.