|Go to Page...|
This is my first custom UI that I have been happy enough with to upload here to WowInterface. I created this custom UI for my Hunter, but it is flexible enough that it can be adapted for any other DPS class. I have tried many other custom UI's, but I found many of them, particularly the "minimalistic ones," to hide key information and graphical elements, as well as make the elements and text far too small to read. I wear bifocals, and my main monitor is 23" HD at 1920 x 1080, so I wanted a custom UI that was easy to look at and interpret, particularly when reading text.
This UI is neither perfect nor very fancy, but it is functional, customizable, and easy to interpret and look at. These were my primary goals in creating this custom UI. The default resolution for this UI is set at 1920 x 1080, with the UI slider set all the way to the left.
HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Download "OlsonUI.zip" by clicking on the link provided on this page.
2. Back up your Interface, WTF, and Fonts folders in your World of Warcraft directory, in case you want
to revert to your previous UI, files, and settings.
3. Move, or delete, your Interface, WTF, and Fonts folders from your World of Warcraft directory.
4. Create a new directory on your hard drive named "OlsonUI" for ease of installation and convenience.
5. Extract the contents of "OlsonUI.zip" to the directory of your choosing ("OlsonUI" recommended).
6. Move or copy the Interface, WTF, and Fonts folders into your WoW directory.
7. Open the WTF folder in your WoW directory and rename the YOURACCOUNTNAME folder to your
8. Rename the YOURSERVERNAME folder to your server name (be sure to capitalize and include spaces
for the server name where needed).
9. Rename the YOURCHARACTERNAME folder to your character name.
10. Copy your character name folder and rename it to your alt's character name, if you want. This can
be done for all of your alts.
11. Log into WoW and check off "Load Outdated Addons. Then, enter WoW.
12. If your action bars are messed up, type /bt in the chat box, go to Bartender >>> Profiles, and load
the "Mairna" profile (Wyrmrest Accord).
13. If your unit frames are messed up, type /xperl in the chat box, go to X-Perl >>> Profiles, and load
the "Mairna" profile.
14. Optional: Logoff WoW, and copy your key bindings, config.wtf, and macros files from your backups
into your new and current WTF folder in the appropriate locations where necessary.
15. The quest log tracker is hidden by default. To make it re-appear, use the "MoveAnything" addon
included in this UI package, and uncheck "Hide" for "quest log tracker."
LIST OF ADDONS:
I welcome any thoughtful questions or helpful comments regarding my custom UI. I do hope it helps you play, and see, WoW better! Thank you everyone for trying this out. Take care, and have a great day!