Adds your highest collected level and best collected quality to battle pet tooltips. Zeigt in den Kampfhaustier-Tooltips die höchste gefangene Stufe und Qualität. Mostrar el mayor nivel y calidad de las mascotas de combate capturadas en las descripciones. Afficher le plus haut niveau et qualité des mascottes de combat capturées dans les infobulles. Mostrare il più alto livello e qualità dei mascotti da combattimento catturati nelle descrizioni. Mostrar o mais alto nível e qualidade dos mascotes de batalha capturados nas dicas. Показать высокий уровень и качество, которое вы поймали, во всплывающих подсказках для боевых питомцев.
It works with unit tooltips for wild battle pets, item tooltips for caged battle pets and items that teach battle pets, and minimap tracking tooltips.
The default "Collected (1/3)" text is changed to "Collected (Level 25)", to indicate the level of your collected pet, and both the text and the tooltip border are colored by the rarity of your collected pet.
Colorblind users will be shown the rarity name (eg. "Rare") at the end of the info line, and the text won't be colored.
For wild pets you have already fought, but forfeited out of the battle, the tooltip for that pet will show its quality. This can be helpful for pets that travel in groups, so you can easily see which ones you haven't checked for quality yet. Please note that this only works for unit tooltips (not minimap tracking tooltips) and only for that individual pet (not others of the same type). This information is not saved between login sessions or UI reloads.
Type /bbpt to open the options panel, or browse to it in the game’s Interface Options window.
Post a comment. If you are reporting a bug, please include directions I can follow to reproduce the bug, whether it still happens when all other addons are disabled, and the exact text of the related error message (if any) from Bugger.
Please note that I consider this addon to be complete, and will probably not add any new features.
Works in all locales. Translated into English, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Português, Русский.
To add or update translations for any language, post a comment or send me a PM.
Credits & Colophon
Better Battle Pet Tooltip was inspired by PetCaught by Lifetapt.
The font in the screenshot is DejaWeb. Visible addons include Bagnon, PhanxTooltip, and my private minimap and border addons. Private means I will not upload them for you, so don't ask.
- Updated for WoW 6.1
- Added new item data for pets added in Patch 6.1
- Added an option to show all collected pets of the same species, instead of only the best one
- Added an option to show collected pet breeds
- Better solution for the garrison item problem
- Fixed an issue with tooltips in the auction house
- Fixed minimap tracking icon tooltips
- Fixed some garrison items incorrectly triggering a "missing pet string" notification
- Updated for WoW 6.0
- Added missing Italiano, Português, and Русский translations
- Added item/species ID data for recipe items that teach tradeskills that create items that teach pets
- Updated item/species ID data
- Added an option to disable tooltip border coloring, for compatibility with other tooltip addons
- Fixed item ID for Snowshoe Rabbit Crate
- Fixed adding info to chat link tooltips
- Added a few really old BOP pet items, not because I expect anyone to actually get a new Tyrael's Hilt at this point, but because they appear on the PTR and cause annoying errors.
- Updated for WoW 5.4
- Added missing 5.4 and 5.4.1 pets
- Updated for WoW 5.3
- Added missing 5.3 pets
- Added Snail Shell item (teaches Speedy the Snail)
- Added the missing pet items for the Raiding With Leashes achievement
- Updated German translations from CanRanBan
- Improved warning messages for missing species/item mappings
- Fixed several localization issues causing duplicated tooltip lines
- Fixed display of counts only
- Updated French translations from oXid_FoX
- Fixed showing only the collected count in tooltips
- Possibly improved string detection for modifying tooltips
- Updated localization for pet level display
- I accidentally the file paths
- Mostly rewritten
- Added support for chat link tooltips and spell tooltips (eg. in the trainer UI)
- Fixed species detection for minimap tracking tooltips with color codes (eg. underground pets shown in gray)
- Added quality display for wild pets you've already seen in battle this session
- Fixed detection of items with different names than the pets they teach
- Fixed handling of minimap tracking tooltips with up/down arrow icons in them
- Fixed showing info in tooltips for other players' battle pet companions
- Now uses LibPetJournal-2.0 for better compatibility with other pet-related addons
- Fixed an issue with pet journal filters
- Fixed unit coloring to support units other than mouseover