Display your Cooldowns however and wherever you want. Easy to setup and oh so flexible! The essential aid to cooling down!
Warlords of Draenor Ready!!!
Finish your can of Whoopass, put down your Jeweled Fishing Pole and get back on the Cool Aid in Warlords of Draenor! Freshly updated!
What It Does
Each Cooldown is displayed as a tile. Your cooldown tiles are joined together. The set of tiles may be moved around the screen. Tiles may be displayed as vertical or horizontal lines or even as oblique lines. Or you might prefer them to be tightly clustered together.
* Tiles all have the "second hand" animation for Cool Downs
* Configurable numeric countdown display of remaining seconds Blizzard added a new option for this in the Interface. Turn it OFF as Cool Aid is more fully featured!
* Auto hide when not aggroed, in an instance or able to attack a target
* Can force display when out of combat. Useful for setting up
* Tiles are resizable from extremely small to extremely large
* Every tile has a tooltip
* Every Interface panel has extra help available as tooltips
* Tiles can be easily moved
* No fixed way to group tiles together. It is up to you!
* Can lock the tiles to avoid accidentally moving them
* Can micro-manage how frequently the display updates
* Can quickly show/hide tiles via a chat command
* Can turn off Cool Aid in emergency situations
* NEW: Enter any Spell or Item ID (from WowHead) for ultimate control!
Not Just Spells
This is where you wonder what I have been drinking... From the "Cooldowns" panel you may select *anything* you are wearing or is present in your bags, as well as usable abilities in your current Spellbook. Got a buff or debuff? You can grab that too!
Not Just Cooldowns
Some abilities are more correctly considered 'timed recharges'. For a select few abilities I have special code to treat the ability just like a regular cool down. You get the sweeping hand and the numerical countdown. Abilities supported at the moment (more to come):
* Arcane Mage Supernova
* Druid Bear Form Savage Defence
* Monk Roll
Additionally a Shaman's Reincarnation is supported.
How To Use
After entering the world, type '/ca opt' in chat to bring up the options panel. The Cooldowns panel will also be conveniently available. Select your cooldowns from the Cooldowns panel and return to playing! From chat you can invoke the Cooldowns panel directly with '/ca coo'.
How To Move the Tiles
First check the Options Panel to ensure that CA is not locked in place. Now place your mouse over the centre area (doesn't have to be the exact centre) of the FIRST tile in the group. Left click, hold down and move, lift up when done. Finished!
If You Like Cool Aid
You might also like to check Taraezor's Hard Yards AddOn, the most accurate way to measure distance! Taraezor's main AddOn is We Don't Wipe, an excellent DPS enhancer. WDW recently hit version 3.00 and you will surely want to check it out.
Updates & Favourites
You can make Cool Aid a Favourite and get an automatic notification (PM) or email (enabled through your profile) when I update it.
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the Cookies & Beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend".
* Fixed bug causing a "shadow" of the sweeping hand animation to remain on the screen after deselecting a combat target
* In WoD Monk's Roll and Celerity were internally altered by Blizzard, breaking CA's recharge animation. Fixed.
* New Spell ID feature could also have broken CA's Monk recharge. Fixed.
* Druid Savage Defence recharge now uses the new Blizzard API call
* Monk's Roll now uses the new Blizzard API call
* Arcane Mage's Supernova now uses the new Blizzard API call
* All other timed "recharge" abilities removed until able to use Blizzard API call in a future update to Cool Aid. Exception is Shaman Ascendance which should still be okay but unable to test
* Removed all Show(), Hide(), SetTimer(), etc calls as they caused taint
* Rewriting / reorganising code to be more efficient and avoid possibility of tainting
(Above two points were a lot of work coding/researching/testing)
* NEW: Can now specify Spell ID as well as Item ID. The sky is now the limit for a "cool down"
* Alter sliders so that whole as well as partial units supported as necessary
* Changed minimum requestable update frequency to "0" (i.e. as often as possible)
* Various text changes to copyright, tooltips, whatever
* NEW: Uses the correct "Unbound" icon for a Mage's Unbound Elemental. (Same for glyphed Poly)
(Blizzard provides the icons in the game files but does't use them)
* Simple coding error on ELSEIF at line 864. Doh!
* Fixes to Talent code made bad by Blizzard's API changes
* Most of the old Polymorph code now removed as irrelevant in WoD
*Correction to typos in a couple of "charges" altered with WoD
* The long promised localisation of API calls, reduction in globals etc
* New Specialisation discovery code to avoid (hopefully) the breakage of these API calls from time to time between patches
* Corrected code for the (fun) hourly easter egg salute
* Help text improvements, copyright notice, contact details etc.
* Slash command setup etc in sync with HardYards AddOn
* Interface set/save/default/ etc option mechanics reworked
* Version bump for Patch 6.0.3
* Version bump for Patch 5.4
* Now shows the "Ascendance" buffed ability icon for Enh./Ele. Shamans
* Option to hide tiles when cooldown is above any specified remaining CD
* CA was attempting to display correct/altered Mage Poly icons. Now works properly, esp. Porcupine and Glyph of Polymorph showing the correct icons that the Blizzard server for some reason never shows.
* Spellbook now correctly updated when pet goes away / comes back.
(Error was caused by my attempt to ignore apparent duplicate Event triggers)
* Error in counting Mage Polymorph glyphs (why bother? To show better icons than Blizzard defaults!)
* Fixed bug with moving Cooldowns too far from the centre of the screen
* Changing Talents now no longer gets icon positions, arrangement, etc muddled
* Fix possible attempt to show item ID tooltip instead of spell ID tooltip
* Option to display when NOT in combat/aggro/targetting attackable mob
* Can now add temporary buffs and debuffs as a Cooldown tile
* Special case abilities (some not strictly cooldowns but in fact "recharges" supported:
* Dark Soul (all of them) possible for Warlocks - select the BUFFs
* Hand of Gul'Dan for Demonology Warlocks
* Ascendance with SS/SB for Enhancement Shaman - Asc. buff better + SS
* Ascendance with Lava Beam for Elemental Shaman
* Warrior Charge
* Warrior Sheild Block
* Druid Bear Form Savage Defence
* Monk's Roll
* Paladin Clemency with Hand of Freedom / Protection / Sacrifice / Salvation
* Doesn't give up if can't find spell (and therefore texture) in the Spellbook
* No longer checks spellbook before attempting to display Tooltip
* Better We Don't Wipe integration
* Correct Class Specialization English language lookup table
* Now handles no players with specialisation
* Changes to help/about panels, especially notes for troubleshooting
* Changed display of /ca help options (yet again)
* Fix bug preventing some class/spec combinations from being able to use Cool Aid.
* We Dont Wipe AddOn support
* Show/Hide & on/off options properly differentiated and fixed
* Small change to help/about panels
* Tiles didn't auto hide when they were supposed to
Maintaining an office at the Gallywix Pleasure Palace requires me to show the good Trade Prince himself no end of ample "consideration".
Sure, he is happy so long as I keep churning out these AddOns and keep them up to date. And bring him a big bag of "consideration" at our regular meetings at the "19th Hole" of his Grenade Golf Course.
The problem for me is I program my AddOns for the pure fun and love of programming. So after I have paid off Gallywix, there is little left for cookies and beer.
It is all about the cookies and the beer.
If you fuel my appetite then I'll fuel yours for more great and up-to-date AddOns!
(I do hope that my AddOn has in some small way contributed to your fun with WoW!)
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com