Display the distance to your target. More accurate than any other AddOn.
Warlords of Draenor Patch 6.2 Ready!!!
Finish your can of Whoopass, put down your Jeweled Fishing Pole and get ready to do the Hard Yards in Warlords of Draenor! Featuring new distance calculating logic!
Why Yards are so Hard to Calculate
AddOns are not able to obtain map coordinate data for NPCs and other players. This is a Blizzard decision to cripple range finding AddOns. Hard Yards is the most accurate at estimating distance and does so for a full gamut of target types. Hard Yards displays the minimum and maximum yards to your target.
* Best possible range estimation to a target
* Variety of target types supported
* Choice of borders
* Text colours are up to you
How To Use
After entering the world, type '/hy opt' in chat to bring up the options panel. Hard Yards is ready 'as is' but you might like to change the border or alter the text colours.
How To Move Hard Yards
First check the Options Panel to ensure that HY is not locked in place. Now place your mouse over the centre area (doesn't have to be the exact centre). Left click, hold down and move, lift up when done. Finished!
Fun Stuff™ New!
At any time you may raise your arms high and command Storm, Earth and Fire. You indeed have the power of Go'el in your hands! Heed My Call™ with '/wdw sef' or '/wdw poth' in chat. Or say hello to yourself with '/wdw sal'. Enjoy!
Updates & Favourites
You can make Hard Yards a Favourite and get an automatic notification (PM) or email (enabled through your profile) when I update it.
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the Cookies & Beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend".
* Patch 6.2 'toc' file update to keep Hard Yards up to date.
* Fix to fun chat command '/wdw sal'
* Patch 6.1 'toc' file update to keep Cool Aid up to date.
* Fixed some dodgy Interface frame headers
* Removal of an unused assigned local variable
* Corrected code for the (fun) hourly easter egg salute
* Interface set/save/default/ etc option mechanics bug
* Some Interface text here and there I suppose
* Forgot to manually add Specialization support due to API changes by Blizzard
* Help text improvements, copyright notice, contact details etc.
* Versioning numbers now correct
* Typo in interface text
* Determining Specialization changed due to API changes by Blizzard
* New logic for distance for Warlords of Draenor v6.0.2
* Version bump for Patch 6.0.3
* Version bump for Patch 5.4
* When not shown, was still triggering the 'move' script
* Moved some local lists as causing memory usage to rapidly climb. Gets caught in garbage collection but would be a worry for players micro-managing computer performance.
* Localised almost everything. Achieved a large cpu performance boost.
* Fixed bug with moving Hard Yards too far from the centre of the screen
* Changing Talents now no longer gets positions, colours etc muddled
* Sometimes during a first time use of Hard Yards there is a long delay before the WoW server recognises we are trying to move the Hard Yards frame. Mysterious. Suspect that it is because the frame hot spot is right on top of our toon. Default position is now offset right and down a bit, clear of our toon. Seems to help.
* Sometimes Hard Yards seemed to forget the last place to which it was moved. Mysterious. To work around this I (1) removed some dead code left over from a copy/paste from one of my other AddOns, (2) explicitly (rather than assuming the default) link the relative position of the Hard Yards frame to the main game window, (3) the previous fix now forces an explicit default location rather than assuming 0,0.
* A better calculation of the 'hot' region dimensions for enabling moving. Benefits really small text sizes.
* Corrected the Class Specialization English language lookup table
* Now handles players with no specialisation (i.e. sub level 10 and any player who has unlearnt or not yet learnt one)
* We Dont Wipe AddOn support
* Show/Hide & on/off options properly differentiated and fixed
* Small change to help/about panels
Sloppy naming of a variable borrowed from another of my AddOns caused fatal runtime error.
Maintaining an office at the Gallywix Pleasure Palace requires me to show the good Trade Prince himself no end of ample "consideration".
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com