This addon restores the old quest log with the familiar list of quests on the left and details on the right.
As most have already noticed, the old quest log is gone and we have a shiny new map+quest log hybrid in Warlords of Draenor.
This addon's initial behavior is to commandeer your quest log key binding and micro button to toggle the new log. It should be a familiar enough experience once you log in.
If you decide you want to keep using the new default log alongside this addon, you can:
Open the map via key binding (M is default key) will display the new map+quest log hybrid.
Click 'Show Map' in the upper right of the Classic Quest Log, it will jump to the map of the quest's zone with the attached new style quest log.
If that's not enough and you only want to use the Classic Quest Log occasionally, go into Key Bindings -> AddOns -> Classic Quest Log and set a binding to toggle this addon's window. Once a binding is set, it will revert the behavior of the default quest log binding and quest micro button to its map+quest default behavior.
There are a few minor changes from the true old quest log:
Instead of saying (Completed) or (Daily) beside each quest name, they are now represented by icons just like the new log.
Instead of adhering to the "panel" rules, it can be anywhere on the screen and dragged around.
There's a toggle at the bottom of the window to show quest levels.
There's also a toggle to show tooltips of the quests. If you don't know what the quest icons mean, the tooltip will tell you.
- When shift+clicking a quest on the objective tracker to stop tracking it will no longer summon the quest log.
- Clicking an objective in the objective tracker will summon the quest log instead of the world map.
- toc update for 7.2 patch
- Fix for +/- buttons on quest headers not properly indicating if the header is collapsed.
- Fix for quests not linking to chat.
- Fix for "missing header!" and extra quests:
- Quests flagged as hidden will now be hidden.
- Headers that contain only hidden quests will be hidden also.
- toc update for 7.1 patch.
- Added open and close sound to the window.
- Fix for hitting "Close" button breaking the "panel-ness" of the window.
- Fix for number of groupmates on a quest remaining when a quest category is collapsed.
- If the default quest frame is up while summoning Classic Quest Log, the default quest frame will be hidden.
- 7.0 release
- Added option "Solid Background" to make the background behind text solid to improve readability.
- Hitting ESCape while the little options window is open will close options without closing the whole quest log.
- Fix for opening map or details window from another source sometimes breaking Classic Quest Log's panel behavior.
- Like the original quest window, the default behavior of the Classic Quest Log is now to dock on the left and move over as default UI panels appear.
- Added Options button to bottom of the window with the following options:
- Undock Window: This will allow dragging the window around the screen.
- Lock Window Position: While the window is undocked, this will prevent moving the window unless Shift is held.
- Show Resize Grip: This will allow resizing the height of the quest window.
- Show Quest Levels: This is the old option to show levels alongside listed quests.
- Show Quest Tooltips: This is the old option to show tooltips when you mouseover listed quests.
- Quest tooltips are more complete.
- toc update for 7.0 Legion beta
- Fix for lua error at QuestInfo.lua:45
- toc udpate for 6.2 patch
- toc update for 6.1 patch
- Headers are collapsable.
- Expand/Collapse All button.
- Fix for bug where a separate key binding is defined but addon is still overriding default key/button.
- Multiple quest update events within one frame will update the log once instead of for each event.
1.0.3 10/14/2014 fix for error when grouped
1.0.2 10/12/2014 fix for blank reward icons, log hides when default standalone quest panel shows, 6.0 patch
1.0.1 09/19/2014 initial release