Enchanters: have you ever tried to accumulate reagents for your latest formula and come away feeling... well, disenchanted? Got Strange Dust when you really wanted Soul? Is that Brilliant Shard just not large enough to satisfy? Suffer no more! Through countless hours of research, I've discovered the scientific laws governing the mystic composition of enchanted items. I just *had* to build a gadget to make use of this knowledge.
My latest invention will help you make sure you always disenchant the right stuff to get the shards, dusts, or essences you need. Simply point it at any such reagent -- or even the reagent requirements listed in your formula book -- and you'll see an instant readout showing what types of items it can be disenchanted from. No more guesswork!*
* Due to fluctuations in the astral plane, disenchanting an item of merely "uncommon" quality will still produce variable results. No one can predict for certain whether you'll get a pile of dust, an essence, or a shard, but thanks to my invention you'll at least know what variety of dust, kind and potency of essence, or luster and size of shard can be produced.
Disenchantable items will also show information in their tooltip predicting which types of dust, essence, or shard they can disenchant into.
Reagents produced by disenchanting items (a dust, essence, or shard) will show two new lines of information in their tooltips: the first shows which levels of items can be disenchanted to produce the reagent, and the second provides additional info on which types of items are more or less likely to produce the reagent.
Also, you can use a chat command to check which types of dust, essence, and shard can be disenchanted from an item of a given level requirement.
v. 5.2 - 2013/03/05
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.2.
v. 5.1 - 2012/12/19
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.1.
- Fixed an issue where reagents could appear in the tooltip with "gibberish" codes before their names.
v. 5.0.2 - 2012/08/30
- Fixed a "blocked action" error when applying glyphs since WoW Patch 5.0.
v. 5.0.1 - 2012/08/29
- Fixed an error when disenchanting since WoW Patch 5.0.
v. 5.0 - 2012/08/28
- Updated for WoW Patch 5.0 and Mists of Pandaria. (Disenchant tables for Mists of Pandaria items are approximate; please report any incorrect predictions.)
- Fixed incorrect predictions for Greater vs Lesser Cataclysm essences from ilevel 306-311 greens.
- We no longer keep track of a list of non-disenchantable items (those which are green or better but which the game forbids disenchanting; e.g. vendor-purchased PvP gear), as keeping the list up to date proved infeasible. Disenchant Predictor may thus show disenchant reagents for items which the game forbids disenchanting (though it will still remember which items are non-disenchantable once it sees them so identified in-game).
- Updated French localization by Xalenader.
v. 4.3 - 2011/11/29
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.3.
v. 4.2 - 2011/06/28
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.2.
- Options now default to being shared across all characters; see the Options Profile panel if you'd prefer per-character, per-server, or per-class settings. (This change may not take effect if you already have saved options; choose the Default options profile if you'd prefer this behavior.)
v. 4.1 - 2011/04/26
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.1.
- Adjusted disenchant information for Cataclysm greens (re: Lesser vs. Greater Celestial Essence).
- Includes Spanish localization by PatoDaia.
v. 4.0.2 - 2011/02/23
- Adjusted Cataclysm disenchant rates for Uncommon items to match recent patch/hotfix changes.
v. 4.0.1 - 2010/12/12
- Includes disenchant information for Cataclysm items (and fixes related errors).
- Fixes some incorrectly reported disenchant information for other items, including frequency of essence/dust from armor vs weapons.
v. 4.0 - 2010/10/11
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 4.0.1 (and Cataclysm Beta).
- NOTE: Disenchant information for high-level Cataclysm items is not yet available; this will be added in a future update around the release of Cataclysm.
v. 3.3.1 - 2010/04/05
- Fixed an error which could sometimes appear when disenchanting items.
v. 3.3 - 2009/12/08
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.3.
v. 3.2 - 2009/08/04
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.2.
v. 3.1 - 2009/04/18
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.1.
- Now uses Ace3 library for saved settings and options UI (any previously saved preferences will be reset to default).
v. 3.0.2 - 2009/01/29
- Fixed an issue where preferences could fail to be saved between sessions.
- Updated Korean localization from 'chkid'.
v. 3.0.1 - 2008/10/15
- Fixed an issue that could cause disconnects when mousing over items.
v. 3.0 - 2008/10/14
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 3.0 and Wrath of the Lich King.
- Tooltips for reagents now use an inline graphic to indicate which expansion's items they disenchant from.
- Includes preliminary data to support predicting disenchants for Wrath items:
- We don't yet have enough data to predict all Wrath disenchants. Disenchant Predictor will show details in the chat window if you disenchant something that doesn't match its expectations -- send them in so future releases can be more accurate!
- In Wrath content, there's no longer a correlation between items' required level seen in-game and the internal item level that determines disenchant results. So, tooltips for Lesser/Greater Cosmic Essence and Small/Large Dream Shards can only say "disenchants from lower/higher level Wrath items".
- Removed the Auto Loot option, as the one built into WoW works for Disenchanting now.
- Now uses the Interface Options panel for configuration.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com