- status: Returns the status of the mod, IE: Version, On/Off, Coms On/Off, Max Cast Bars shown.
- coms: Enables/disables coms
- on/off: enables/disables the events. IT automatically enables itself when in a raid.
- maxBars: Sets the max number of cast bars to show.
- version: Returns the current version.
- show: show the healwatch frame
- Attempts to keep track of all priest/paladin/shaman heals, druids too! (they smell like bear poo)
- If you have a target selected and someone is casting heals on that person, a bar will pop-up showing their cast time approximation.
- Provides a frame showing who it thinks you are healing/watching for heals.
- Option to track heals on a single target always. Ie, lock the person to the window.
- doesn't watch all heals?
- It cannot make smart decisions on who is targeting what. So if someone is click-casting then you won't be able to see who they are healing.
-- this shouldn't be the case if they have the mod and are using communications
- It misses some events. People out of range and people in your party.
-- again, shouldn't be the case if they have the mod and are using communications.
- Should be enabled by default
I don't know how this mod affects performance. I have tried my best to eliminate ALL loops in any realtime execution path, but I'm a noob coder so you know how that can be.
PLEASE POST COMMENTS! This mod is still in heavy development and is still having it's requirements made. So I need people to give me ideas. Otherwise it will get pigeonholed into what I need and that is it.
If you post bugs and ways to reproduce, I'll be able to fix them much faster.
Features that will never be implemented
- Reporting on who healed and for how much, there are other mods. While this mod does keep track of that information, it will never be available in a reportable format.
I have put HealWatch up on an SVN for anyone who always wants the latet code.
It is also available here: http://svn.joshborke.is-a-geek.com/trunk/HealWatch
Being the lazy developer I am (and a selfish one at that), rather than try to cater to everyone's wants and desires, I will just say upfront that I'll only extend this as far as I think it should go or as far as I want to go with it. Currently it isn't finished in my view, so I am still developing it. There are other mods with this similar functionality, so while I appreciate people using my mods, if there is a better one for you, please use it. With that said, here are several mods that have similar functionality:
1) Healers Assist: Main PageCurse Download (People have reported problems with memory consumption)
2) HealNotify: Main Page
3) Incomming Heals: Curse Download (Not exactly the same, but along the same lines)
4) HealSync: WoWI page. Almost exactly the same thing. I highly recommend it. It just works.
5) Forecast: Curse Gaming Page. Provides spells on your current target.
6) BestFriendHealer/Nuker): Curse Gaming General healing mod that uses a channel to help determine emergency targets.
7) SmartHeal Enhanced: [url=http://ui.***************/ui.php?id=2394]Wolrd of War[/Ui] General healing mod that lets you know when someone is healing your target.
That's all I have for now, as more are brought to my attention I will post them. Versions Last version independently verified to work: 0.50-11000 Woohoo! 0.58-20003
- updated toc to 20003 0.57-20000
- hopefully updated to wow 2.0
- minor rewrite to incorporate the new events
- changed the display logic again, slightly better
- not bug free!
- report bugs and I'll try to work on them and get them fixed. Please, if you can figure out what's wrong and provide a fix, that'll make it much easier to get it fixed. Use my portal. 0.56-11200
- fixed coms bug (not confirmed to work, but shouldn't error now)
- added 'reattach' command that will anchor HealWatch by its top so it'll grow down now. Doesn't save, isn't polished, but it should work for now. 0.55-11200
- really implemented scaling this time... 0.54-11200
- Updated to newest toc.
- Added default options
- see changelog for full details. 0.51-11100
- converted to dynamic frames. hopefully no more disappearing/reappearing
castbars. made the castbars prettier.
- updated toc to 11100
- made party heals work finally (i hope)
- updated party heal information
- made raid changes propogate to HW less (this is a good thing)
- fixed some current target logic that's been fubared the whole time. had to
do with self-casts
- you can now set the way the labels grow, either up/down/left/right.
- you can now adjust the width of the labels and therefore everything else
- removed coms until 1.12
- probably some other stuff I forgot. 0.50-11000
- Added a health deficit option for the frames so you can see what their health deficit is. 0.49-11000
- Finished implementing the menu. 0.48-11000
- Finally fixed a small bug having to do with chain-cast healing.
- Added a title to the HW cast frame when there are no targets for aesthetics.
It shows the current version of HealWatch.
- Some other small tweaks or something :-)
- Added a menu when you right click on the frames 0.47-11000
- Fixed a small bug having to do with all heals
- Added /hw allHeals to enable/disable showing all heals 0.46-11000
- Fixed a targeting bug that came from making HW more modular.
- Added the allHeals option. You can now see all heals that HW knows about. 0.45-11000
- Changed the way heals are represented in memory now. Hopefully better. 0.44-11000
- Added /hw up and /hw down to make the bars grow up and down respectively. 0.43-11000
- Made significant changes internally to the mod. Split into multiple files,
events in one, coms in another. Cast bars are now colored based on spell
name, rather than caster class. Neglible improvement to mem usage.
- Hooking more functions so casting accuracy on self should be better. 0.42-11000
- Fixed CHAT_MSG_SPELL_FRIENDLYPLAYER_BUFF. It should now update the cast bars
AFTER registering the heal. Sorry about that.
- Added /hw status. IT reports the current version, healwatch enabled/disabled,
coms enabled/disabled, maxBars shown 0.41-11000
- Flushed out CHAT_MSG_SPELL_SELF_BUFF. Your cast bars should now be removed
Older changes in changes.txt (not included in 0.24-11000)