This addon displays a very large attention-getting warning window in the center of your screen when it detects certain event (trigger) messages.
The addon comes with some pre-defined warnings for certain "bomb" style debuffs. These are debuffs where you either want to run away from everyone else, or stop whatever you are doing immediately.
There are options to play a sound, make the warning blink, display a timer, and to change the opacity, scale, and colours of the warning. Each warning can be individually enabled, and there are test buttons to try them out at any time.
The warning window will not prevent you from clicking on something behind it. You can either leave the warning on screen until the warning's timer counts down to zero, or you can click on the close button to hide the warning.
The pre-defined warnings that currently come with the addon are:
- Burning Adrenaline (Vaelastrasz the Corrupt, Blackwing Lair)
- Corrupted Healing (Nefarian, Blackwing Lair)
- Flame Wreath (Shade of Aran, Karazhan)
- Lava Wall (Sartharion, Obsidian Sanctum)
- Living Bomb (Baron Geddon, Molten Core)
- Mutating Injection (Grobbulus, Naxxramas)
- Plague (Anubisath Defender, Temple of Ahn'Qiraj)
- Threatening gaze (Bloodlord Mandokir, Zul'Gurub)
- Water spout (The Lurker Below, Serpentshrine Cavern)
- Wrath of the Astromancer (High Astromancer Solarian, The Eye)
/ekbomb -- Show/hide the EkBomb window.
/ekbomb help -- Display this command summary.
/ekbomb reset -- Reset position of all EkBomb windows.
/ekbomb test -- Test bomb warning window.
Version 5.01 (2012-08-28)
- Updated for WoW 5.
- Version number increased to match the game's major version number.
Version 2.20 (2011-11-28)
- Updated for the WoW 4.3 patch.
Version 2.19 (2011-06-28)
- Updated for the WoW 4.2 patch.
- Updated to handle changes Blizzard made in the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED event arguments.
Version 2.18 (2011-04-26)
- Updated for the WoW 4.1 patch.
- Updated to handle a change Blizzard made in the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED event arguments.
Version 2.17 (2010-10-12)
- Updated for the WoW 4.0.1 patch.
Version 2.15 (2009-12-08)
- Updated for the WoW 3.3 patch.
Version 2.14 (2009-08-14)
- Updated for the WoW 3.2 patch.
Version 2.13 (2009-04-13)
- Updated for the WoW 3.1 patch.
Version 2.12 (2009-04-01)
- Added warning for Sartharion's lava wall (Obsidian Sanctum)
Version 2.10 (2008-10-13)
- Updated for the WoW 3.0.2 patch.
Version 2.03 (2008-03-26)
- Updated for the WoW 2.4.0 patch.
- Due to the combat log changes introduced in WoW 2.4, custom warnings and the option to display a chat frame event link have been disabled for now.
- The addon will no longer show a warning if you are already dead.
- The pre-defined warnings have been modified to use the new WoW 2.4 combat log events.
Version 2.02 (2008-03-08)
- Added warning for Water spout (The Lurker Below).
- Fixed the Anubisath Defender, Baron Geddon, Vaelastrasz, and Grobbulus warnings so that they should now work with EkBomb 2.x.
- Added warning for Flame Wreath (Shade of Aran).
- Added warning for Wrath of the Astromancer (High Astromancer Solarian).
Version 2.00 (2007-11-14)
- Updated for the WoW 2.3.0 patch.
- If a warning is too wide to display on the screen using the scale you have set, the addon will automatically resize the warning so that it fits on the screen.
- You can now reposition the warning window by clicking one of the "Test" buttons and then dragging the warning that is displayed. The test button on the options window ignores the warning's duration in order to allow you more time to position the warning or change options.
- Tabs have been added to the bottom of the EkBomb window (options, pre-defined, custom).
- The new "Pre-defined" tab allows you to view the warnings that come with the addon.
- The new "Custom" tab allows you to add your own general or character specific warnings.
- Warnings are checked for in this order: custom character, custom general, pre-defined.
- A "Default" button has been added to the color selection windows.
- Added a new option: "Show detailed help tooltips". This enables the display of detailed tooltips.
- Added a new option: "Show tooltips by the mouse pointer". This allows you to choose whether to show the detailed tooltips by the mouse pointer, or in the game's default tooltip location.
- Added a new option: "Capture chat frame events and show event link". This records chat frame events and adds an [E] event link on each chat line. Clicking the link opens an event details window, which can be used to automatically create a warning based on the event.
- Added a new option: "Size of chat event history". This allows you to adjust how many chat frame events are remembered by the addon.
- The command "/ekbomb" now toggles the EkBomb window instead of just opening it.
- Updated the documentation file (index.html).
Version 1.49 (2007-09-29)
- Updated for the WoW 2.2.0 patch.
Version 1.48 (2007-06-04)
- Updated for the WoW 2.1.0 patch.
Version 1.47 (2007-01-10)
- Updated for the WoW 2.0.3 patch.
Version 1.46 (2006-12-05)
- Updated for the WoW 2.0.1 patch.
Version 1.44 (2006-08-22)
- Updated for the WoW 1.12 patch.
- Added warning for Mutating Injection (Grobbulus, Naxxramas).
- Fixed the issue of it not scaling the warning window unless you had opened the EkBomb options window at least once after logging in.
Version 1.42 (2006-07-03)
- Now shows the version number in the title of the EkBomb configuration window.
- Added an option to display (on the warning window's close button) the time remaining until the warning window automatically closes.
- Changed the name of the debuff warning for Bloodlord Mandokir from "Watched" to "Threatening gaze" on the options window.
- Changed the "Threatening gaze" warning timer from 30 to 10 seconds.
- If you are making an addon and want to use EkBomb to show a warning you can call the following LUA function: EkBomb_Show("bigText", "smallText", seconds)
- If you are making an addon and want to use EkBomb to hide the current bomb warning you can call the following LUA function: EkBomb_Hide()
- If you want to show a custom warning in a macro, you can type something like this: /script EkBomb_Show("bigText", "smallText", 30)
- If you want to hide the current bomb warning in a macro, you can type this: /script EkBomb_Hide()
Version 1.4 (2006-06-18)
- Updated for the WoW 1.11 patch.
- Added warning when being watched by Bloodlord Mandokir (Zul'Gurub).
Version 1.3 (2006-05-31)
- Added option to hide the background of the warning window so you just see the text.
- Added a slider to change the scale of the warning window.
- Added the ability to change the colour of the small text, large text, and background.
Version 1.2 (2006-05-29)
- Initial public release.