It seems some gadgets are inclined to break once you take them through the Dark Portal... I was in the process of moving my shop from Gadgetzan to Area 52 (gotta stay on the forefront of goblin technology, you know) and noticed some of the gizmos I'd brought with me (other engineers' gizmos, of course) had fizzled out. So, once I'd unpacked, I set to work on building replacements.
This one is a simple, lightweight variation on those gizmos that help you adventurers get a finer-grained difficulty estimate for those quests you're always going on. It's a smooth operator, so I've named it The Levelator (call it "John" and bring it on elevators if you're so inclined). Granted, there are a couple of others that do the same -- and still work in Outland -- but I haven't come across any yet that don't depend on unnecessarily large machinery.
No configuration necesssary: Quest names will appear preceded by their recommended level in brackets (in most, but not quite all places where quest names show up in the UI). Shift-clicking quests in your log to insert them in chat will insert the level as well. Quests that have an extra tag describing them in the quest log (e.g. Group, Raid, PvP) will show the first letter of that tag next to the level (e.g. '[11G] Wanted: "Hogger"').
v. 4.3 - 2011/11/29
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.3.
v. 4.2 - 2011/06/28
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.2.
v. 4.0 - 2010/10/11
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.0 and Cataclysm.
v. 3.3.1 - 2010/04/05
- Fixed an error introduced with WoW Patch 3.3.3.
v. 3.3 - 2009/12/08
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.3.
- Re-added a space between the level tag and quest title (e.g. " The Edge of Winter", not "The Edge of Winter").
v. 3.2 - 2009/08/04
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.2.
- Fixed an issue where the "(Daily)" annotation in the quest log would not appear when using Levelator.
v. 3.1 - 2009/04/18
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.1.
- Removed GFWUtils library; it's not used in this project.
v. 3.0 - 2008/10/14
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 3.0 and Wrath of the Lich King.
- Levels are no longer inserted with quest links in chat -- click the link to see the level in the tooltip.
- Fixed an error with addition of quest levels to tooltips.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com