|Go to Page...|
|Updated:||10-15-08 03:51 PM|
== CCBreakWarner 1.6 ==
by Wikwocket (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: This AddOn is not currently being updated. It should still work overall (probably until Cataclysm changes a lot of things). Unfortunately I have not been playing WoW as regularly and I do not have the time to update my AddOns. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
This AddOn alerts you when a mob you have CC'd (crowd controlled) breaks free. You will see a text warning and hear a sound effect whenever a CC spell you cast fades, is broken, or is dispelled off of a mob.
This AddOn support the following types of CC:
* Druid: Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Hibernate
* Hunter: Freezing Trap Effect, Scare Beast, Wyvern Sting
* Mage: Polymorph (and its variations)
* Paladin: Repentance, Turn Evil/Turn Undead
* Priest: Shackle Undead
* Rogue: Blind, Sap
* Shaman: Hex
* Warlock: Banish, Fear, Seduction
This AddOn will work in any language version of WoW. The warning texts are in English.
Since the 3.0.2 patch has hit, you will now be warned every time your CC spell fades or is broken, whether the target is focused or not. So focus macros, while still very handy, are no longer required to use this mod!
Here is a sample focus target CC macro:
/cast [target=focus] Polymorph
The first time you click this, the macro will make your current target your focus and polymorph them. Each following time, it will re-polymorph your focus target regardless of what your current target is. It will also clear your focus if you right-click the macro, or your focus is dead. (You can replace Polymorph in the macro with any CC spell).
No configuration is necessary; each time a CC spell you cast drops from a mob, you'll be alerted.
I hope you find this mod useful. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
=== Version history: ===
CCBreakWarner 1.6 (WoW 3.0.2):
* Added support for Shaman's Hex, Hunter's Scare Beast and Wyvern Sting, Paladin's Repentance and Turn Evil/Turn Undead, and Rogue's Blind.
* Removed old pre-3.0 code and documentation.
CCBreakWarner 1.5 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Enhanced mod due to upcoming 3.0 patch's new combat log events:
** In 3.0, CC breaks will be reported from all targets, not just your focus target. Whenever your sheep/shackle/sap breaks, you will get a warning, with no need to use a focus target!
** In 3.0, the mod also displays the name of the unit broken from CC.
** Until 3.0 is live, the mod will continue to work as-is, via focus targets.
* Updated localization code to use GetSpellInfo(). This should allow the mod to work in all locales without further translation!
CCBreakWarner 1.4 (WoW 2.3.3):
* Updated check for Warlock's Seduction spell to happen whenever the Succubus stops channeling. This means that you will get a warning whenever Seduction breaks, even if you do not use a focus macro for Seducing. You can therefore use a focus macro for Fear or Banish, and get warnings when it breaks, as well as when Seduction breaks.
CCBreakWarner 1.3 (WoW 2.1.1):
* Updated code to not warn of broken CC if you just change from one CC spell to another, for example via a random Polymorph macro. (Suggested by Belleboom at curse-gaming.com)
CCBreakWarner 1.2 (WoW 2.1.1):
* Added support for Cyclone and Entangling Roots for Druids.
CCBreakWarner 1.1 (WoW 2.1.1):
* Localized CC spell names for French and German WoW. Please let me know if there are any problems.
CCBreakWarner 1.0 (WoW 2.1.0):
* Initial release.