|Go to Page...|
== AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.14 ==
by Wikwocket ([email protected])
Note: This AddOn is not currently being updated. It should still work overall (probably until Cataclysm changes a lot of things). Unfortunately I have not been playing WoW as regularly and I do not have the time to update my AddOns. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]
This AddOn displays an annoying reminder to use class buffs, armor spells, shouts, aspects, blessings, and Victory Rush.
Specifically, it will display an annoying popup on your screen (you can drag it with the mouse) if you do not have an appropriate spell up:
* Death Knight: Any presence, Horn of Winter, Bone Shield
* Druid: Mark/Gift of the Wild, Thorns, Omen of Clarity
* Hunter: Any Aspect, Trueshot Aura
* Mage: Any Armor spell, Arcane Intellect/Brilliance, Amplify/Dampen Magic
* Paladin: Any aura (Crusader while mounted), any blessing, any seal, Righteous Fury, Sacred Shield
* Priest: Inner Fire, Power Word/Prayer of Fortitude, Divine/Prayer of Spirit, Shadow Protection
* Rogue: Hunger for Blood
* Shaman: Any Shield spell, and weapon enchants
* Warlock: Any Skin/Armor spell, Soul Link, Demonic Sacrifice, Detect Invisibility
* Warrior: Battle Shout or Commanding Shout, Victory Rush
This AddOn will work with the English, French, German, and Spanish versions of WoW.
There are several options:
* /abr pvp/bg to remind while in a battleground/arena.
* /abr icons to toggle display of spell icons.
* /abr lock|unlock to toggle window locking and click-through.
* /abr center to reset window position to center of screen.
* /abr <spell> to toggle reminders for the following optional spells:
** battle|battleshout|bs - Battle Shout
** command|commandingshout|cs - Commanding Shout
** anyshout|shout - Any Shout
** vr|victory|rush - Victory Rush (after each kill; on by default)
** amp|amplify - Amplify Magic
** damp|dampen - Dampen Magic
** thorns - Thorns
** omen|clarity|ooc - Omen of Clarity
** soul|link|soullink - Soul Link
** detect|invis - Detect Invisibility
** demon|sacrifice - Demonic Sacrifice
** spellstone|firestone|stone - Spellstone or Firestone weapon buff
** tsa|trueshot - Trueshot Aura
** crusader|ca - Crusader Aura (when mounted)
** fury|righteous|righteousfury|rf - Righteous Fury
** s|seal - Any Seal spell
** sacred|sacredshield - Sacred Shield
** shield|shieldspell - Shaman shield spells (on by default)
** divine|spirit - Divine Spirit
** shadow|shadowprot - Shadow Protection
** hungerforblood|hunger|hfb - Hunger for Blood
** bone|shield|boneshield - Bone Shield
** horn|winter|how - Horn of Winter
** unholy|blight|unholyblight|ub - Unholy Blight
All settings are saved across sessions, except for Warrior shout preference, since using this depends on whether you have two warriors in your party.
It will only annoy you if you have more than 50% mana or 10 rage, are not mounted, not flying, not in a capital city, and not mind controlled. It will also not bug you if you are less than level 15. It won't remind you in battlegrounds/arenas unless you tell it to. For some short-term buffs, and buffs that require rage/energy/runes to keep up, the reminder will only show up when in combat.
The popup should appear in the situations when you would want the buff up. No configuration is necessary, unless you want to also enable reminders for optional spells.
I hope you find this mod useful. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
=== Version history: ===
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.14 (WoW 3.2.2):
* Added optional spell icons. Be default, when a reminder is shown, it will be shown with an icon for a relevant spell, to help you quickly identify the buff to cast.
** To toggle display of spell icons, type "/abr icons"
* Added support for Death Knight presences.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.13 (WoW 3.1.2):
* Added support for the Paladin spell Sacred Shield: Type "/abr sacred" and you will be reminded to cast Sacred Shield on yourself when in combat. Note that this will only look for Sacred Shield on yourself; this mod is not designed to watch buffs on other players.
* Added a toggle to disable the Victory Rush reminders: Type "/abr vr" or "/abr victory" or "/abr rush" to disable or re-enable these reminders.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.12 (WoW 3.1.1):
* Updated Unholy Blight reminder to only show when you have enough runic power.
* Fixed a bug that would remind certain classes, especially Hunters, to cast buffs they already had.
* Fixed a bug that would remind you to cast a Warrior shout even when someone else had a shout on you.
* Added a command ("/abr anyshout") to remind you to cast any shout (this lets you revert to the default behavior after setting it to remind to you cast a specific shout).
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.11 (WoW 3.1.0):
* Changed Death Knight Horn of Winter reminder to not show if Strength of Earth is present on the player, since they do not stack.
* Changed self-buff detection method to use new 3.1 return values.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.10 (WoW 3.0.9):
* Added optional reminder for a Death Knight's Unholy Blight spell in combat, toggleable by /abr unholyblight or /abr ub.
* Changed Death Knight Horn of Winter reminder to be optional. To toggle it use /abr hornofwinter or /abr how.
* Improved cooldown detection to no longer only detect cooldowns of spells on an action bar.
* Updated reminders to not show while on a flight path.
* Updated Shaman shield reminder to show even when mana is low, since shield spells are free.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.9 (WoW 3.0.8):
* Added recognition of Dalaran Intellect.
* Updated Death Knight reminder for Horn of Winter, to not remind while the cooldown is active.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.8 (WoW 3.0.3):
* Fixed bug where you would be reminded to cast a buff, like PW:Fortitude, if someone else had cast it on you. For real this time!
* Added item type string "Weapon" to localization file. This string needs to be localized for off-hand weapon enchantmant detection to work.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.7 (WoW 3.0.3):
* Added recognition of Dalaran Brilliance.
* Fixed bug with Druid buff reminders.
* Fixed bug with Hunter aspect reminders.
* Fixed bug with Paladin Crusader Aura reminder.
* Thanks to many people for reporting these bugs and especially to Metalchoir of wowinterface.com for posting fixes. I do not have high-level characters of all the classes this mod supports, so I appreciate people's help in catching bugs!
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.6 (WoW 3.0.3):
* Added command to reset window position to center of screen: "/abr center"
* Added support for Warlock weapon enchantment via Spellstones and Firestones: Type "/abr stone" and you will be reminded to keep your weapon buffed while you are in combat.
* Added Death Knight reminders: a reminder to keep up Horn of Winter (when above level 65, and in combat), and an optional Bone Shield reminder (when in combat, and the cooldown is up) toggleable by "/abr boneshield"
* Added Spanish localization.
* Fixed support for Soul Link (the spell is technically cast on you by your demon).
* Fixed bug where you would be reminded to cast a buff, like PW:Fortitude, if someone else had cast it on you.
* Improved the code that checks Victory Rush and Bone Shield cooldowns.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.5 (WoW 3.0.3):
* Updated Hunter Aspect support, to remind you to use an aura other than Viper when you have more than 90% of your mana.
* Fixed Hunger for Blood support for Rogues.
* Fixed Righteous Fury support for Paladins.
* Fixed bug where Druids were reminded to use Warrior shouts.
* Improved performance and completeness of buff scanning.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.4 (WoW 3.0.2):
* Added support for Paladin Seals: Type "/abr seal" and you will be reminded to cast a Seal when you are in combat.
* Changed Crusader Aura support optional, type "/abr crusader" to turn it on.
* Fixed a bug in Paladin aura detection.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.3 (WoW 3.0.2):
* Added support for Hunger for Blood (Rogue 51-point talent), via "/abr hfb".
* Fixed buff-detection to correctly run when buffs change as well as when mana ticks.
* Fixed reminders in Druid forms to occur when you have more than 50% mana, not 50% rage or energy.
* Cleaned up slash-command handler for efficiency.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.2 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Fixed a bug in the last version which printed debugging text to the chat window. Oops!
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.1 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Updated aura support to remind you to cast an aura other than Crusader when not mounted.
* Updated the Demonic Sacrifice reminder for Warlocks to only show when in combat, since it costs soul shards to keep it up.
* Fixed a bug that caused reminders to be shown when mounted.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 2.0 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Checked mod for compatibility with Wrath of the Lich King beta.
* Updated the reminder for Crusader Aura to only show after level 62 (when the aura is learned).
* Cleaned up initialization code.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.9 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Added a reminder for Crusader Aura for paladins that are mounted.
* Added recognition of K'iru's Song of Victory, the zone buff on the Isle of Quel'Danas, which can override Arcane Intellect and Power Word: Fortitude.
* Updated battleground/arena localization code to use IsInInstance().
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.8 (WoW 2.4.2):
* Updated most localization code to use GetSpellInfo().
* Added support for an optional Warlock spell: Demonic Sacrifice (tracks all 5 possible buffs).
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.76 (WoW 2.3.3):
* Fixed event handling to properly update reminder when your buffs change (thanks Alaia).
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.75 (WoW 2.3.2):
* Fixed localization for blessing detection in French (thanks Brynhild).
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.74 (WoW 2.3):
* Added support for two optional Priest spells: Divine Spirit and Shadow Protection.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.73 (WoW 2.3):
* Added support for several more optional spells: Amplify/Dampen Magic, Thorns, Omen of Clarity, Soul Link, Detect Invisibility, Trueshot Aura.
** Use /abr <spell> to toggle reminders for these spells, using any of these keywords: amp, amplify, damp, dampen, thorns, omen, clarity, ooc, soul, link, detect, invis, tsa, trueshot.
** Feedback or bug reports on these would be appreciated, as I don't have characters to test them all with.
* Added ability to toggle Shaman shield reminders, for times when you'd rather not use a shield.
** Use /abr shield|shieldspell to toggle reminders.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.72 (WoW 2.2.2):
* Updated Shaman support to hide the reminder when in Ghost Wolf form.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.71 (WoW 2.1.3):
* Fixed a bug with detecting blessings (English only).
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.7 (WoW 2.1.3):
* Added support for Druids (Mark of the Wild/Gift of the Wild).
* Updated Priest support (added Power Word/Prayer of Fortitude).
* Updated Mage support (added Arcane Intellect/Brilliance).
* Added /abr lock|unlock to lock the frame and allow clicking through it.
* Changed settings to save across sessions, except for Warrior shout preference.
* Cleaned up buff scanning code for efficiency.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.63 (WoW 2.1.3):
* Added option to enable reminders in battlegrounds and arenas (/abr pvp|bg)
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.62 (WoW 2.1.3):
* Fixed a bug with detecting auras, blessings, and aspects.
* Fixed a bug where the reminder would incorrectly disappear.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.61 (WoW 2.1.2):
* Fixed bug where reminder would blink oddly.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.6 (WoW 2.1.2):
* Added support for choosing one Warrior shout to watch:
** Type /abr battle (or battleshout/bs) to watch Battle Shout.
** Type /abr command (or commandingshout/cs) to watch Commanding Shout.
* Added support for Shaman weapon enchants (offhand not yet localized).
* Added support for Paladin auras.
* Added support for Paladin's Righteous Fury.
** Type /abr fury (or righteous/righteousfury/rf) to enable.
* Cleaned up code for efficiency.
* Changed localized aspects, blessings, auras to use regular expressions for simpler code.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.51 (WoW 2.1.1):
* Fixed some types from last version.
* Fixed support for greater blessings.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.5 (WoW 2.1.1):
* Localized spell names for French and German WoW. Please let me know if there are any problems.
* Added support for Paladin blessings.
* Added support for Hunter aspects.
* Added support for the new arena, the Ruins of Lordaeron.
AnnoyingBuffReminder 1.4 (WoW 2.1.0):
* Initial public release.