RangeDisplay is a simple range display addon. It is using spell range, item range and interact-distance based checks to determine the approximate range to your current target, pet, focus or mouseover unit (if enabled). The mouseover unit display can be anchored to mouse, or placed at a fixed position. As of v3.4.1 interact-distance based checks are only used if the other two are unavaliable due to the strange way interact-distance checks work causing strange results with some mobs.
RangeDisplay is a front-end to LibRangeCheck-2.0, a library addon to
calculate the range estimates. DogTag also supports LibRangeCheck via
the [Range] tag, thus you can get range display in addons using DogTag
to build texts, like PitBull (unit frames) and CowTip (tooltip).
Note: RangeDisplay can only check for some specific distances, thus determining
a minimum and maximum range to the target. Some of these ranges are rather
large, so the range update may be slow, as it takes time to cover a bigger
distance. Unfortunately there is no way (that I know of) of providing higher
resolution for range estimates.
Toggle the locked state of RangeDisplay frame.
While unlocked, you can drag it to a position you like with the left mouse button and open its config menu by right-clicking on the frame.
While it is locked, you can click-thru the display.
Open the config GUI.
After installing, RangeDisplay will be enabled by default, and unlocked, so you'll see a semi-transparent rectangle in the center of your UI that you can drag to a position you like. After finding a good place for it you should lock the frame with /rangedisplay locked, so that it won't eat your mouse clicks (note: the enemyOnly option only works in locked mode, too).
- Add optional sound notifications when entering range sections
- Make the default profile a shared "Default"
- Auto-lock frames when first entering combat
- Bug fixes
- added CONFIGMODE (OneButtonConfig) support
- added a new range section
- added option to use section colors as background
- added option to override the numeric range display with static text for sections
- added option to copy current section settings to all other active units
- hide the tooltip while moving
- made the configuration a separate load-on-demand addon to save memory
- Added support for mouseover unit
- Added option to hide the background when no valid target is selected
- disabled interact-distance based checks when spell/item based checks are available
- Updated for wow version 3.1
- Removed the checkVisibility option (it's not that useful now with the new ranges)
- Localization updates
- Fix melee range for Druids
- Added background (backdrop and border) configuration
- Update for 3.0.2 WoW patch
- Added support for displaying range to Focus and Pet (and of course the player's target)
- New IsItemInRange() based checks, much better granuality
- Nicer config dialog
- Optional minimap icon (needs LibDBIcon-1.0)
- Configurable colors for ranges
- fixed a (mostly theoretical) issue with font setting
- fixed a problem with the profile management functions
- added configurable suffix settings
- added out-of-range color setting
- isler added some cosmos integration
- just a minor update to enable the profile management.
- converted to Ace3 framework. Settings are lost due to AceDB-2.0 -> AceDB-3.0 change, sorry about that.
- use Arcane Intellect instead of Remove Lesser Curse for mage friendly 30yd range check 'cos it's available from level 1
- added zhCN and zhTW localizations by lcncg
- added frFR localization by Pixel
- use spell minimum ranges for estimates where possible (hunter, warrior)
- tweaked interact distances to be in-line with spell ranges
- fixed the buggy behaviour for tauren warriors (was related to interact distance strangeness)
- fixed the problem when some badly written addon hooked us incorrectly
- deDE localization by Carylon (thanks!)
- converted RangeDisplay to use the AceAddon/AceDB/AceConsole framework. Unfortunately this means that previous configuration is lost, but RangeDisplay gained Profiles, and better chat commands. Also, RangeDisplay should be configurable via DeuceCommander and Niagara now.
- New 'enemyOnly' option to restrict range display for enemy targets only.
- New 'strata' option to allow setting the frame strata of the range display.
- Support for Gladiator Gloves (Shaman, Mage) in RangeCheck-1.0.
- Fix for out-of-range bug near the 10yd range for hunters with the Hawk Eye talent in RangeCheck-1.0.
- Range display is disabled now if target == player.
- Fixed a bug regarding rangecheck for priests against enemy targets (was always showing out-of-range due to a wrong spell in the HarmSpells list).
- Fixed an issue where some other addon hooked OnMouseDown() badly thus preventing dragging the display frame.
- Better font handling.
- Minor speed increase in RangeCheck-1.0.
- Renamed from RangeCheck to RangeDisplay because of a naming conflict and to avoid confusion with RangeCheck-1.0 (the library part).
- Added "Shoot", "Throw", "Gift of the Naaru" and "Mana Tap" to spell lists.
- New option to display range when out of range as "minRange +".
- New option to check for 'visibility range', too (~ 100yd).
- Optional GUI config with Waterfall or Dewdrop.
- Font selection (font, size, outline, color) (only via GUI).
- Changed spell list for Paladins and Warlocks, now RangeCheck should display the correct range for hostile targets.
- Removed the localization options from RangeCheck-1.0. Now the range is always reported in "min - max" format.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com