For non-Jewelcrafters, GemHelper serves as a encyclopedia for gems much like what AtlasLoot Enhanced is for instance and reputation loot. With many search filters for the exact gem colours, stats and materials, users can quickly find the best gem to socket into their new equipment without having to harass a Jewelcrafter or check a website about what gems are available.
For Jewelcrafters, GemHelper goes a step further and allows users to craft gems directly from the GemHelper UI with extra options such as 'Have Materials' that Enchanters currently have. Jewelcrafters are also able to replace the default Blizzard Jewelcrafting UI.
The gem tooltips will list the materials needed to craft it or the location where the gem can be found/purchased. Currently, the database contains 565 gems. All gems should be (more or less) safe to query the server for (the link) because if someone has the gem on the server (in inventory, bank or socketted in gear) and has logged on since the last server reboot, it will be safe to query.
To use GemHelper, type /gh or /gemhelper ingame. If you are a Jewelcrafter, you open the GemHelper window by pressing the Jewelcrafting button on your actionbar or spellbook.
If you open the GemHelper window via the slash command (/gh or /gemhelper), you will not be able to craft gems from it. You must open the GemHelper window via the Jewelcrafting button on your actionbars/spellbook. This is NOT a bug and is a limitation of the WoW game engine.
What I need:
Localization needed for Spanish. GemHelper will currently work for English, French, German, Taiwan, Chinese and Korean clients.
Beta Testers: Astrae, Karenwise, Grum
And many thanks to my guild members for helping with gems!
10 Nov 2014, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 6.0.6
- Updated TOC version for 6.0
- Added new gems from Warlords of Draenor expansion
- Added new filters (Versatility, Multistrike) to the GUI
- Updated older gems to reflect changes
- Removed unused filters (Hit, Expertise, Armor Penetration) from GUI
- Translation updates
16 Nov 2013, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 5.4.2
- Fixed CVar errors that were appearing since last patch
10 Sep 2013, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 5.4.1
- Updated TOC version for 5.4
- Updated some gem translations
27 May 2013, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 5.3.1
- Added & Updated some gem translations
- Updated TOC version for 5.3
05 Mar 2013, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 5.2.1
- Updated translations
- Updated TOC version for 5.2
- Sha-Touched gems added
- Quest filter added (replacing filtering out of WotLK gems option)
- New gems added
03 Dec 2012, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 5.1.1
- Updated translations
- Updated TOC version for 5.1
27 Sept 2012, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 5.0.15
- Added epic MoP gems (although not shown since I don't know how to obtain them yet)
- Added and updated more translations
12 Sept 2012, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 5.0.10
- Added all new crafting gems
- Added most new non-crafted gems
- Updated for PvP Resilience / PvP Power
- Updated translations (may more are still needed)
08 June 2012, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 4.3.28
- Updated translations with those provided via the website
- Updated some string handling functions for some non-English languages
30 Apr 2012, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 4.3.26
- Fixed problem where clicking "View All" JC link in guild roster would think the player could craft all gems
- Viewing someone else's JC link or a guild JC link now only shows what that person or guild can craft regardless of current settings for the player's own filtering
22 Mar 2012, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 4.3.24
- More translations completed
- Method of some strings modified to make sense for some non-english translations
- Fixed the stats on a couple of meta gems to prevent them from showing with the wrong filters and to show with the correct filters selected
11 Dec 2011, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 4.3.22
- Localization and translation updates
- Added missing PvP epic gem
- Updated PvP epic gem source information in tooltips
29 Nov 2011, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 4.3.10
- Fixed error when logging in
29 Nov 2011, by Tiker / Gadgets @ Bleeding Hollow US Alliance: Version 4.3.9
- Fixed lua errors that existed from changes since version 1.8.3
- Updated all gems to reflect changes made before Cataclysm was released
- Added all new Cataclysm gems (uncommon, rare and epic)
- Added Cogwheels (since they work kind of like gems)
- Modified interface a bit, moving things around to make new gems fit
- Changing the way translations are done - see project on wowace.com site
1 July 2010, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Allicance: Version 1.8.3
-- Add checkbox to filter out all non-WotLK gems.
-- Fix errors when linking gems into chat due to patch 3.3.5. This fix is backwards compatible.
22 December 2009, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Allicance: Version 1.8.2
-- Written for Live Servers v220.127.116.1159
-- Added 73 epic gems introduced in patch 3.2.
-- Added 7 epic gems introduced from fishing daily in Dalaran.
-- Fix Dragon Eyes no longer being prismatic.
-- Updated various localizations.
-- Resized GemHelper frame larger.
-- Added an Exclude JC-Only checkbox, contributed by Luc (Maverick_lm).
-- Added checkbox for "AND" logic for color/stat filters, contributed by Luc (Maverick_lm).
-- Added workaround for bug in AddOnLoader that removes the /gh command.
14 February 2009, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.8.1
-- Written for Live Servers v18.104.22.16851
-- Fixed French localization issue with display.
-- Fixed error on logging on a fresh character.
9 January 2009, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.8.0
-- Written for Live Servers v22.214.171.12483.
-- Updated the necessary changes to existing gems due to stat merging.
-- Added 267 new gems in Wrath of the Lich King.
-- Optimized code to search and filter faster.
-- Added code to handle Jewelcrafting tradeskill links (from other players in chat).
-- Added tradeskill link button for JCs.
26 October 2008, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.7.1
-- Written for Live Servers v126.96.36.19956 or WotLK Beta Servers v188.8.131.5261.
-- Temporarily fix all the code errors. Not really updated for patch 3.0.2 or Wrath changes yet.
14 May 2008, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.7
-- Written for live servers v184.108.40.20678.
-- Added 4 new 2.4.2 gems.
2 April 2008, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.6
-- Written for live servers v220.127.116.1125.
-- Added 8 new 2.4 gems.
-- Updated Shifting Tanzanite.
-- Added search checkbox for Spell Haste.
-- Updated localizations where available.
15 November 2007, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.5
-- Written for live servers v18.104.22.16861.
-- Added Chaotic Skyfire Diamond introduced in patch 2.3.0.
-- Added localization for Korea and China. Updated localizations for the rest.
10 October 2007, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.41
-- Written for live servers v22.214.171.12459.
-- Added the 5 uncommon quality gems introduced in patch 2.2.2.
-- Updated localizations where possible.
-- Fixed spelling error for Blood of Ember to Blood of Amber.
-- Added ability to automatically query the server for gems not in your local cache. Patch 2.2.0 onwards will no longer disconnect players.
-- GemHelper will now cooperate with Skillet (it will treat Skillet as though it is the default UI). Skillet is an Ace2 addon similar to ATSW.
26 September 2007, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.4
-- Written for live servers v126.96.36.19972. TOC Update to 20200.
-- Fixed base epic gems being unlinkable.
-- Added 8 new gems that are craftable from designs available from the various faction reputations and Halaa.
-- Updated localization where possible.
-- Updated Unstable Talasite colors.
14 August 2007, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.31
-- Written for live servers v188.8.131.5298.
-- GemHelper will no longer perform checks/updates behind the scene when not shown.
-- GemHelper will now use AddonLoader if present to delay loading until needed.
-- Some minor changes to reduce CPU and memory usage.
-- Fixed a few minor issues for the French localization.
9 August 2007, by Xinhuan @ Blackrock US Alliance: Version 1.3
-- Written for live servers v184.108.40.20698.
-- GemHelper will no longer open automatically if the 'Replace default JC UI' checkbox is off. Use /gh or /gemhelper.
-- Added 43 gems to the database from Halaa, Blade's Edge Mountains, Black Temple and Hyjal.
-- Removed the final boss names from heroic instance drop gems since any boss in that instance may now drop it.
-- Updated the price of the pvp gems.
-- Added Taiwan localization.
-- GemHelper is now more memory friendly and will no longer generate garbage to be collected.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com