A simple addon to display a button whenever you have a stack of 5
prospectable ore. Clicking this button prospects it. The button icon and tooltip show what ore will be prospected, and the number of times you can prospect is displayed as a count on the button.
When multiple types of prospectable ore are in your inventory, it will
prefer the ore with the highest prospecting skill requirement.
I found it beneficial to write this because a macro using /cast and /use will
break if you have any stacks of ore in your inventory which have less than 5.
To Prospect: click on the button or use the keybind.
Alt-drag the button to move it.
If you'd rather prospect using a macro on your existing actionbars, you can use Prospector for that too. Simply type '/prospector hide', and then use '/click ProspectorButton' in your macro.
I recommend using an addon to fix prospect autolooting, such as FastDisenchant , for true one button prospecting.
- Fix the unintentional use of a global that should have been a local, may
have caused an error for some.
- Fix the ButtonFacade support.
- Fix the /prospector hide option, it now takes effect immediately.
- Add support for ButtonFacade to skin the button.
- Move the prospect count to a count on the button rather than the
tooltip, to see if people like it better.
- Simplify the way we do the keybinding.
- Use spell ids to avoid needing translated strings for Prospecting and
- Update readme, toc version, and the toc interface version for 2.4.
- Update embedded libraries.
- Kill myAddOns support.
- Fix a bug introduced in v4 which would result in the button not doing
anything if the prospect spellcast failed, until the next bag update.
- Add missing AceConsole-3.0 embed, and update the other embeds.
- Fix bug where a quick click/keypress after the previous prospect but
before the bag scan finished would result in a cast targeting cursor.
- Fix the prospect skill check when you have multiple types of ore.
- Switch the button to directly use attributes to target the right bag and
slot for the prospect, so it doesn't act up when the bank is open.
- Fix error seen when using alt-drag to move the button.
- Ensure that the keybind does nothing when there's nothing to prospect,
rather than still attempting to cast the spell, but lacking a target.
- Add myAddons support.
- Added a slash command. There's only one option currently, 'hide'.
- Many cleanups to the code, thanks Xinhuan.
- Added ability to keybind the prospector button.
- Initial Release.