Altoholic is an Ace 3 addon written for people who dedicate most of their time to leveling alts, and who want to have as much information as possible in one addon. The main feature of the addon is the search functionality which allows users to search their alts' bags or loot tables in an Auction-House-like frame (see screenshots). All this with multiple-realms/accounts support.
I've been playing WoW since the European release, and I used to rely on addons like character viewer to check my alts' inventory, but since it was more or less abandoned and not always stable for me, I decided to write an addon myself and to improve the search feature as much as I could. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do
The addon has been in development since December 2007 and was officially released in late March 2008. It's still not final, and although it has considerably evolved since the initial release, there are still a lot of things I haven't had time to implement yet.
Please note that this is my first addon, and that English is not my native language.
Characters' talents: Full talent trees & glyphs are supported for both specializations.
Money, /played, rest xp for each character, subtotals by realm, and grandtotals for the account.
Bag usage: see at a glance which characters should get bigger bags (bag size, free slots and types included)
Characters' skills: skill summary on one screen, namely the 2 main professions + the 3 secondary skills as well as riding. I may add more if there's demand. Profession cooldowns included.
Reputations: a list of all the reputations of the current realm's characters. You can see at a glance if all your alts are at least honored with Honor Hold if you want to get the new 2.4 blue PVP set. Suggestions on how to gring reputations will be available soon.
- View containers (bags, bank, keyring) of all alts, on all realms.
- Guild banks : You have 10 alts in 10 different guilds on the same server, all of them with access to a guild bank ? Not a problem, you can see them all here.
- E-mail: allows you to see which alts have mail without having to reconnect them. The addon will tell you when mail is about to expire on a character. Threshold configurable (up to 15 days). Multiple realm support as well. Mails sent to a known alt (one you've logged on at least once) will be visible in the addon without having to reconnect it.
- Equipment: See the equipment of the current realm's alts in one screen. Very useful when purchasing stuff for your alts at the AH. Multiple realms supported. Right-clicking any equipment piece will allow you to find an upgrade, this feature is similar to the official wow armory feature, and is quite performant, even though it doesn't match the accuracy of the official one.
- Search: the most important feature of the addon, it uses an AH-like frame to display search results. You can either search bags on the current realm, on all realms, or a loot table.
The loot table is a table based on AtlasLoot, but which contains only item id's, and therefore keeps memory usage minimal.
The Search menu allows you to find items based on their name (even partial), level, type or rarity, almost like at the AH. It is also possible to search known recipes.
- Quest Log: See the quest logs of all your alts, as well as an indication of which alts are on a specific quest. Clicking on a quest link in the chat log will tell you which alts are on that quest.
- Suggestions: Currently, only profession leveling suggestions are available when mousing over your current level in a specific profession. Suggestions are based on the leveling guides posted on the official US forums (credit goes to their respective authors). The addon also suggests you where to quest/grind xp depending on your character level.
Suggestions were also added for the most recent factions. More to come later.
- Auction house: You can see which auctions/bids you've placed with an alt without being logged in or being at the AH.
- Professions: You can browse all known recipes in a thotbot like frame (see screenshot).
- Mounts & Pets of all your alts.
- Achievements are tracked for all you alts (see screenshot).
- Guild Members: a list of your connected guildmates, along with their alts (if they're using Altoholic too), and their average item level. Clicking their AiL will also allow you to "remotely" inspect their equipment.
- Guild Skills: a list of altoholic users in your guild, along with their alts and direct profession links. All professions are available in one click.
- Guild Bank tabs: a list of altoholic users and the time at which they last visited the guild bank. If you haven't visited the guild bank for a few days, you can remotely update your local data without going to a capital city.
- I'd like to thank my guild, Odysseüs on EU-Marécages de Zangar, for assisting me since the earliest phases, thanks guys for everything you've done
- Thanks to the wowace community, you've been very helpful and this addon would not be there without the technical answers you gave me (especially Xinhuan, author of BankItems)
- Thanks to all the guys who are behind AtlasLoot, keeping the loot table up-to-date is a tremendous work, and the search functionality of Altoholic would not be what it is without your hard work.
- Thanks to Ayindi (wowace) & sLiz3r (curse) for the German translation.
- Thanks to NightOwl (wowace) for the zhTW translation.
- Thanks to Wang (wowace) for the zhCN translation.
- Thanks to Hellbot for the ruRU translation.
- Thanks to Laumac for the frFR translation.
- Thanks to IrregularByte for the esES translation.
- Brykrys for the LinkWrangler support.
Join the #altoholic IRC channel on Freenode : irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/
IMPORTANT NOTE: As with every new expansion, many things have changed in the API, and it is REQUIRED to clear your Saved Variables for the addon.
This means cleaning the following files in \WTF\Account\<your_account>\SavedVariables : Altoholic.lua & All DataStore*.lua
There WILL be bugs if you use your old files without cleaning them first.
Some fixes to work around API changes are too time consuming, so cleaning is required. A meager price to pay once per expansion.
- DataStore_Talents : Fixed a few issues when scanning artifact data (Thanks AlexSUCF !)
- DataStore_Talents : Fixed an issue when artifact XP was updated.
Note: I haven't had time to play much tonight, but I did not discover urgent issues. I'll keep testing tomorrow & Friday and will post a fix if anything break.
At the very least, I'll have to test the new reputation paragons to see if anything is broken on that side.
Nine Year Anniversary Edition.
The addon turned 9 a few weeks ago. It's sometimes been a bumpy ride, but I'm happy it brought me the things I expected from this experience when it all started.
Looking at the changelog of the last 3 years, I have been less active than I hoped to, especially at the end of WoD, but I don't regret it.
9 Years is a long commitment, and sometimes you need to recharge the batteries.
I have no idea how long I will keep working on the addon, or just playing the game, but I know I'll keep doing it as long as I find it fun. :)
Anyway, on to changelog:
- Refined size and positioning of icons in the Achievements tab after the addition of the 12th column.
- Fixed an issue where an artifact is scanned with 2 different names (ex: "Aluneth" & "Aluneth, Greatstaff of the Magna").
If you saw duplicated names in the artifact tooltips, you will have to delete your alt via the account summary (right-click its name when NOT logged in with him) if it is affected by this.
- Reworked tracking of garrison missions, along with order hall missions. Tracking is visible in the Summary->Activity Panel, and also in the Characters tab.
Important notes about artifact data:
- Artifact data can only be read while you are viewing the artifact (using shift-right click), so I cannot automate refreshes.
If you switch spec, and do not shift-right click your artifact, the addon will still think the old one is equipped.
If your artifact gains a level, and you do not shift-right click it, the addon will not know about it.
- Same thing for artifact knowledge.
When you learn an artifact research note, or the whole new research compendium, no in-game event tells the addon that this has happened, so it cannot be refreshed automatically.
- Finally, the delay until next research is also "only" for the very next research.
If you queue 2 researches, the addon will tell you that the next one is in 3 days, but the game does not provide information about how long it will take for the one after that.
So if you let 10 days pass, you will still see only 1/2 is ready for pickup, and no delay, because it is unknown.
To update the delay until the next research, you have to view the Class Hall Report.
These facts are clear annoyances, but given the constraints imposed by Blizzard, there is nothing I can do.
Don't shoot the messenger :(
- Added a row for the 12th character on both the achievements and grids tabs.
Note: that's a quick implementation, I still want to update a few things under the hood, but I figured you guys had waited long enough already.
- DataStore_Quests: Fixed a tainting issue that prevented players from queuing into battlegrounds.
- DataStore_Talents: Added support for artifact data.
- DataStore_Garrisons: Added support for tracking of next artifact research.
- Summary tab: added an extra panel for artifact data.
- Summary tab: added a tooltip for all column headers, and some OnClick actions behind a few buttons.
- Summary tab: removed honor & conquest currencies, they were replaced by Order Hall resources & Seal of the Broken Fate.
- Fixed a few other Lua errors.
Note: I did some clean-up in the usage of localized strings in the Summary tab, some strings have to be translated, help appreciated :)
It happens here : https://wow.curseforge.com/addons/altoholic/localization/
- DataStore_Quests: added an option to select the hour at which daily quests are reset.
- Updated the lists of achievements with the new ones added in Legion.
- The talent panel is finally back. You can now also see the stat priority when mousing over the specialization name.
Note: The priorities come from Icy Veins, although I have not respected them 100%, based on my own experience, view, and discussions with guild mates.
They are meant to be an indication for classes you do not play too often, and I do not wish to enter religious discussions about who is right or wrong, or about which stat is actually better :)
ex: in some cases, Icy Veins indicated that the primary stat (STR, INT, ..) has a lesser priority than mastery or crit ..
well, I still kept the primary stat as #1 in the list, because in most cases, you WILL have this stat on each item.
And if you reach the point where this difference matters, then you probably don't need the information any more, because you supposedly already know your class well enough.
- DataStore_Talents: major overhaul to support the new panel. Old functions have obviously been deprecated.
- LibCraftReagents is now deprecated, its functionality is now handled by DataStore_Crafts, which now has access to all recipes (even unlearned).
It's now 100% accurate and maintains itself (yeah, less code to maintain \o/).
Note: you should open each profession once to populate this internal reference table.
- DataStore_Mails: Fixed the invalid attachment counts in the tooltip for mails sent by guild mates.
- Removed LibBabble-Inventory, replaced the translations it provided by values returned by the game's API.
- DataStore_Quests: Fixed scanning quest links, which caused a Lua error when clicking on a tooltip.
Make sure to log in your alts once to fix their quest logs in the DB, this is what causes the tooltip issue.
- DataStore: Fixed guild identification when the character is on a different realm than the guild.
- Grids: Updated Archeology races and items for Legion.
- DataStore: Fixed a lua error when getting AutoCompleteRealms.
- Fixed issues related to connected realms (guild bank, tooltips, etc..)
IMPORTANT NOTE: a guild bank will not be scanned if it's on a realm that is not known by the add-on.
So if you have characters belonging to a guild from another realm, and you have no character on that realm, you will have to create a character on that other realm, and log him on once, just to identify the realm.
The API provides absolutely no way of matching a short realm name to a long realm name.
If your realm is a small name without spaces (like 'Dalaran'), then this might seem like a non-issue for you, but it makes it impossible to know precisely to which realm a guild belongs.
Basically, my workaround is about making the addon know that "Marécage de Zangar" is also known as "MarécagedeZangar" by getting rid of spaces.
This is an extremely imperfect solution, and I sincerely dislike it, but the API does not help in any way.
The solution should hopefully work across all localizations, but I can't promise anything.
- Profession level cap raised to 800.
- Fixed the counts not being shown in the item tooltip when mousing over a craft reagent in the tradeskill UI.
- Fixed a Lua error when clicking on a recipe link in the chat log.
- Fixed a Lua error when checking the guild bank tab.
- DataStore_Talents: Rewrote scanning of talent information, UI will come back in a future release.
- DataStore_Garrisons: Fixed a few Lua errors.
- DataStore_Mails: Fixed the invalid attachment counts in the tooltip (note: you will have to visit the mailboxes that have a wrong count to correct it, it's not a display error, it's a database error)
- REMINDER : CLEANING YOUR SAVED VARIABLES IS MANDATORY FOR 7.0 (YES I'M SHOUTING ! :D)
- Various fixes to support 7.0 API changes.
- Glyph UI has been removed.
- Tabard UI has been removed.
Note : I've been extremely busy with big projects & responsibilities at work in the past months (year ? .. almost!), but 21/07 is national day in Belgium so it's a long weekend over here, I'll have time to follow-up on 7.0 and release extra changes.
I expect the rest of the year to keep quite busy given our current planning, hopefully 2017 should be quieter (and I'll have a long holiday in December, yay !).
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com