cargBags is a modular inventory framework. It was created with one simple thing in mind: Taking the boring work away for you, so that you can start right-away with the important things: Layout and categories! You don't have to care anymore about fetching item-data, updating at the right time or creating a sophisticated filtering system - cargBags does this all for you!
From a simple all-in-one inventory over multiple category-based bags to your own needs:
Just start with the user-friendly and commented example cargBags_Simplicity, build upon it and implement your own features. Create and release your own individual bag addon by embedding cargBags!
modular: remove features you don't need or add new ones
My cargBags doesn't show anything!
Do you have a layout? This is a framework and does nothing by itself!
Will you provide support for alt bags / bank?
No, because it would be too hackish and cause problems. You can use external addons like BagSync. But if you are a layout author, nothing stops you from providing support yourself.
What about auto-stacking / -sorting?
In my opinion, this does not need to be in a bag addon, because there are lots of external addons for this, like Genie or kRestack.
Guildbank? Stack compression?
I'm trying, but don't expect anything soon.
Do you support LibDataBroker?
You can use LibCargoShip for this.
Changes to the core prior to version 1.2 are located in the changelog.txt.
Releases are normally not backwards-compatible, although changes are kept to a minimum!
In most cases the version tagging follows the scheme Rewrite.Feature.Bugfix.
* bank now updates correctly again (sorry for that!)
* mostly bagBar changes and equipSets bugfixes
- .HighlightFunction changed to .highlightFunction (small 'H', consistency FTW)
- bagBar now supports highlightFunctions
- bagBar can be global for all containers (.isGlobal = true)
- new function: Implementation:GetBagButton()
- fixed bagButton onClick not toggling its bag
- fixed typo in equipSets-itemkey
- equipSets now update all open bags when changed
- introducing cargBags:FireEvent(force, event, ...)
* bugfix update, you need this if you have 2.1!
* fixed searchbar, extended filters and bags-sieve
- item.bindOn now supports soulbound items ("soul")
- new itemKey: item.bagType
- removed item.clink
- .toc bumped to Cataclysm
* The wiki was updated!
* Improved embedding support
* Sieves! Replace the filters with another system
* Scaffolds! Provide your own templates for item buttons
* Extended filters: pass arguments to them!
* Localization tables for auction house item classes
- File structure overhaul
- new Sieve: by bagID - lightweight enthusiasts, get rid of this filter
- Moved the ItemButton-UpdateX functions to their own scaffold, "Default"
- Callbacks are now correctly named events (RegisterCallback -> RegisterEvent,
HasCallback -> IsEventRegistered)
- the SearchBar now needs a .HighlightFunction to work
* COMPLETE REWRITE
* Don't ever think about fixing your old layout, build a new one =)
* Beta-version, please note the "Planned features"- / ToDo-List
* and please write a comment for bug-reports, feedback, thank-you's and flaming
- object-oriented approach
- bags initialize on first open instead of in loading screen
- new plugin: TagDisplay
- a lot more modular than before!
* licensed as GPL 3
* fixed background texture of empty bag buttons
* hovering over a bag button can now fade different bag objects
* fixed tooltip-parsing not working correctly
* and now the usual developer-stuff:
- BagBar new property: BagBar.BackgroundTexture - texture path if no icon was found
- new function: object:Fire(callback, ...) - fires a callback with the defined arguments
- new function cargBags.C2I(id) - translates a ContainerID into an InventoryID
- new function cargBags.I2C(id) - translates an InventoryID into a ContainerID
- function changed: cargBags.ParseBags(bagString or bagID or table) - now returns a table every time
- new property: cargBags.BagStrings - holds tables of the bagID's for the different bagStrings
- :PreCheckFilters() now also fires on :GetItemInfo()
* first tooltip-scanning code, if you have wishes for more parsed infos than bindOn,
* please let me know =)
- updated for 3.2
- fixed item.id not working properly
- new item data: item.bindOn - returns "equip", "pickup", "account", "quest", "use" or nil
- 3.2 only: new item data: item.stats - returns a table of all stats of the item (see GetItemStats() for info)
- 3.2 only: new item data: item.sellValue - returns the sellValue in copper of an item
- new plugin: DataBroker - displays a databroker-object, the addon cargoShip is needed for that
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com