WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   new error on login (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32095)

tinyu 04-25-10 03:04 PM

new error on login

i just updated my nUI+ to 5.06.13
and i get this error on login now

Date: 2010-04-26 06:28:28
ID: -2
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to concatenate field 'playerName' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
nUI\Main\nUI_Splash.lua:112:
nUI\Main\nUI_Splash.lua:96

spiel2001 04-25-10 03:06 PM

Every time? Does '/nui rl' fix it?

tinyu 04-25-10 03:20 PM

yeah it does but then i login on a new toon and it happens again and i have to /rl again.

spiel2001 04-25-10 03:38 PM

8-/

Hmmm... okay... I haven't seen that yet. I'll see if I can figure out what's up there. Sounds like your own character name isn't ready when you're entering the world, which is very odd.

Deimous 04-25-10 05:12 PM

No error, just... weirdness

1 Attachment(s)
So, here's the screenshot of what I experienced after updating to nui+ .13.

Attachment 4181

No error messages attached to it. Also, it only happened twice and it was on the same character (I was just testing out the old bug by swapping between characters, which, btw, it seems to be working lots better). Not sure what to make of this. I don't know how to recreate it (been trying to since it happened a second time).

spiel2001 04-25-10 05:36 PM

That's odd indeed... do you have BugSack or Swatter installed? If not, you might try installing them and see if they trap an error.

I presume this is with the new 5.06.13 installed?

tinyu 04-25-10 05:38 PM

that's what my screen looked like when i got that error i reported.

Deimous 04-25-10 05:39 PM

Yep, this is with the new version. I do have swatter installed, and checked the log, but the latest error it trapped was from hours before this update went out. So, I'm kinda stumped. lol. Hasn't happened yet since.

spiel2001 04-25-10 05:46 PM

Okay -- this may be the same name error that Tinyu reported. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can run it down.

vbalbert 04-25-10 07:02 PM

5.06.13 Still not fixed, but closer

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my screen when coming on after I installed the latest:

spiel2001 04-25-10 09:01 PM

Yeah... /sigh

It appears there's a new problem now... it seems the people who have been having the login bug are having other issues how. From the look of it, their character's name isn't available when they're entering the world and nUI's trying to print the "welcome to nUI" message -- which is throwing a new error.

Xrystal 04-25-10 11:06 PM

I haven't tried the new version yet but have tried that upgraded file Scott. It seems to have gotten rid of all but one of the errors but I had my own addon errors as well so will have to get rid of those before I know for sure. But I will also try the new version as well once Ive got the other file tested out.

tinyu 04-26-10 07:03 AM

Just updated logged in and guess what NO ERRORS WOOOOT!!!

Belgarius 04-26-10 07:07 AM

Error still present with .14

Just upgraded from .13 to .14, and am still getting the same screen on login that I had with .13

Apparently, I am too thick to figure out how to attach screenshots... :(

spiel2001 04-26-10 07:31 AM

Are you sure you're upgraded? Does it print "nUI 5.06.14 is loaded" when you log in?

As far as uploading screen shots... very easy... there's a paperclip icon in the message editor here on WoWI... click that to attach a file to your message.

Belgarius 04-26-10 08:28 AM

Aye, I am sure it was upgraded, as I remove old addons and install new ones or updates manually. Force of habit. :)

Strangely enough, the error has not reappeared on any of my characters on any server since the initial time, and they all show upgraded to .14 on initial login, so I am keeping my fingers crossed here. Once the error was cleared by reloading, it did not show the splash screen on the character in question, but all seems well so far.

Checked for that paperclip, not finding it here, might be a Firefox thing. I used the Insert Image button on my prior post, and it went through the paces, but no dice. Ah, well, here's hoping!

spiel2001 04-26-10 08:40 AM

If you don't see the paperclip, scroll down the editor page and you'll see a "manage attachments" button that does the same thing.

Belgarius 04-26-10 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, got the error again. Nothing in Swatter, and it shows being upgraded to .14 this time, the splash screen is present, which is strange, since I logged into this character about three times since it showed up the first time. I tried the manage attachments on the first error screen, that is the one that looked like it worked, but didn't attach the screenshot. Trying it again on this post.

spiel2001 04-26-10 10:15 AM

Okay -- this is, yet another, new error... further down the chain past the Splash screen error now. The player name and all else is present in the splash screen, so the error that's occurring now is not the same one that caused issues in the last update.

Now we just have to get an error recorded so we know where the new error is being thrown.

Xrystal 04-26-10 05:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Can confirm that with v14 it doesn't trigger an error in bugsacks eyes but it definitely looks wrong somewhere. Image 2.

However, Scott, With v12 and the extra fix file you asked me to test this is the result. Image 1.

edit: Also, after a reloadUI, I get the splash screen to appear. But I didn't get the splash screen before that. Possibly the bug is occurring before the splash screen appears.