WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Customizing Layouts (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Wanted an opinion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24284)

havoxx 06-01-09 08:49 AM

Wanted an opinion

1 Attachment(s)
Hey again peeps, I wanted an opinion from you all, I'm making a thin skin, and I wanted to add a little bit of a texture to it, since I see they are all boxy and square. The problem is, I think it looks great, but the chat box, and info panel have a slight piece of them popping out, it's not a huge deal, but I wanted to know what you all thought.

spiel2001 06-01-09 10:02 AM

I generally like the shape and texture, but the chat and info frame corners sticking out like they do makes my CDO itch. ~lol~

Suggestion... make the action bars be the ones that overlap and it probably wouldn't feel so out of place... especially if you make a shape/bevel in the texture that matched up to the little bit of action bar that overlaps it... kind of like "holders" or "rivets" or something to that effect that makes it look like that corner of the action bar is anchored into the console... something to that effect. (just thinking out loud)

Anyway... I like the concept.

havoxx 06-01-09 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 140118)
I generally like the shape and texture, but the chat and info frame corners sticking out like they do makes my CDO itch. ~lol~

Suggestion... make the action bars be the ones that overlap and it probably wouldn't feel so out of place... especially if you make a shape/bevel in the texture that matched up to the little bit of action bar that overlaps it... kind of like "holders" or "rivets" or something to that effect that makes it look like that corner of the action bar is anchored into the console... something to that effect. (just thinking out loud)

Anyway... I like the concept.

Yea, I was talking to a buddy, and I was actually thinking of making a "floating" sort of bar holder in the middle, something held up by a set of pipes, or bars, I drew it out, and it seems like it could work, so long as I get the transparency exact, so that will be the next picture I upload :D.

Might take a little bit though, I'm fishing :D.

havoxx 06-01-09 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh man, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo happy on how this came out, you have no idea!

Check it out now and no, you aren't dreaming, the top console fits in the bottom :D.

I have to do a little bit of cleaning up to remove the red stains from flattening the image, but after that, it should be good to go.

Apraxia 06-01-09 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 140274)
Oh man, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo happy on how this came out, you have no idea!

Check it out now and no, you aren't dreaming, the top console fits in the bottom :D.

I have to do a little bit of cleaning up to remove the red stains from flattening the image, but after that, it should be good to go.

lovinnnn this one. Nice arrangement, made me think of nUI in different ways :D

spiel2001 06-01-09 08:46 PM

This just tickles me to death... it's the first time someone has gone in and started moving nUI's elements around and presenting them in new ways.... thank you for doing this.

I can't wait until I finish the layout engine and get to see people start to get seriously creative with nUI.

havoxx 06-01-09 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 140280)
This just tickles me to death... it's the first time someone has gone in and started moving nUI's elements around and presenting them in new ways.... thank you for doing this.

I can't wait until I finish the layout engine and get to see people start to get seriously creative with nUI.

Yea :D, here is the final version, will upload it in a few, friend is testing in 1680x1050, make sure it works properly :)

Here we go, I'm so happy :D, It's finished and up ;). http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UI_Carbon.html

Xrystal 06-01-09 11:53 PM

It looks very nice and I will be downloading it myself to try out tomorrow.

And yes Scott, I am sure I will be dabbling with layouts once the engine is complete :D

Xrystal 06-02-09 12:25 AM

Yep, just tried it out on my lil bank toon and used the movers option to rearrange some things and it looks like the floating bar works well as my main action bar holder as I have that one enlarged and can have the special bar above it on the left and the control panel on the right. May need to tweak the latency and fps display to even further fit that block into the right hand side of the bar where I have a little gap.

voodoodad 06-02-09 01:33 AM

My MAN! I never use this word, but that is just AWESOME! I am completely impressed, and more than a little jealous because I'm nowhere near as creative as you.

havoxx 06-02-09 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 140332)
My MAN! I never use this word, but that is just AWESOME! I am completely impressed, and more than a little jealous because I'm nowhere near as creative as you.

Heh, I appreciate all the comments, as I said in my addon page though, it was only because I flat-out love nUI, I'll be making a non-chained version for people that don't like them :D. Enjoy, and if you want it with a certain color, I'd be glad to remake it, the files are done, so it's just a matter of colorization :).

I may upload a pack with a bunch of different colors, I haven't decided.

Depresjon 06-02-09 11:18 AM

It looks awesome dude.
Today at work was thinking bout somethings,but didnt know for sure if it was possible to move the stuff.
great work dude.

havoxx 06-02-09 11:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Can't get ingame to test them, but here are the pictures of the latest ones, that one with the biohazard, it's a final project I did in school, I may use that kind of background on a new skin. The tribal one, it's possible will not be here in wowi, I made it more for myself, so unless a lot of people want it, it's not going to be posted :).

Depresjon 06-02-09 11:38 AM

the tribal one is uber.Really nice.

EIASicko 06-02-09 03:47 PM

Nice oscar im liking the tribal one, i wanna see how that bio hazard one u made for school will look when ur done with it.
PS when u gonna make me mines lol.

neuralassassin 06-02-09 06:44 PM

Damn very nice finally we get some creativity and some options:D and I know id like the tribal less you'd rather not upload it that's understandable

havoxx 06-02-09 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neuralassassin (Post 140545)
Damn very nice finally we get some creativity and some options:D and I know id like the tribal less you'd rather not upload it that's understandable

Yea, I may upload it, but I need to mess with the colors a bit more, the blue makes it look like a jean.

Rhuarc 06-03-09 02:53 AM

the Carbon serie is great as it hit the spot for me, specialy the one with the chains

and havoxx, get real man.. those tribals are fantastic... please upload them or at least share with me... PLZ:banana:

havoxx 06-03-09 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhuarc (Post 140631)
the Carbon serie is great as it hit the spot for me, specialy the one with the chains

and havoxx, get real man.. those tribals are fantastic... please upload them or at least share with me... PLZ:banana:

I will hopefully upload it today, but I wanted to finish the HUD design as well, have the entire tribal theme going.

havoxx 06-03-09 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the new Tribal skin, the HUD is still being worked on, it looks fine, but the black is still too thick and it covers the bars in certain places.