WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Macro Help (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   casting onmousover (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27414)

Lo'oris 09-20-09 11:29 AM

casting onmousover

I would like to be able to move the mouse over a character, click a key, and having that spell cast on him without having to left click to target him.

Now, clique does that but only with mouse buttons, that's not what I want.
Click2cast allows to set keyboard keys, but is still missing the point: I do not want to set new keys, I want to use the keys I already have set on bartender! (or whatever bar I am using)

Now, an acceptable addon would be one that targets any raid or party player I pass the mouse over.

The ideal one would of course just allow me to cast the spell on them using the already set bindings.

Now, the questions are:
• is there already an addon who can do that? (I couldn't find it)
if no:
• is this possible? (I can't see a reason why it couldn't)
• does it need to be a modification to bartender, or can it work on its own?

Akryn 09-20-09 11:59 AM

Can you not just do:

/cast [target=mouseover, exists][] someSpell

?

Vraan 09-20-09 12:21 PM

#showtooltip RandomSpell
/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][help][target=player] RandomSpell

Is what I use for healing.
It will heal the character under the mouse pointer, or if there is no ally there, heal a friendly that you have targeted, or if there is none heal yourself. Replace RandomSpell with the spell of your choice.

Lo'oris 09-20-09 12:25 PM

I don't want to do it with a macro, I want to solve the problem once and for all with an addon.

Akryn 09-20-09 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lo'oris (Post 159551)
I don't want to do it with a macro, I want to solve the problem once and for all with an addon.

IMO, you're oversimplifying something that's not that easy. Do you really want *all* spells to cast on the mouseover if there is one? Even, for example, spells that are selfcast only? That would get annoying pretty fast. Writing the macros the way you want them for each button is better because you get finer control.

Lo'oris 09-20-09 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akryn (Post 159558)
IMO, you're oversimplifying something that's not that easy. Do you really want *all* spells to cast on the mouseover if there is one? Even, for example, spells that are selfcast only? That would get annoying pretty fast.

I really don't see the problem.
Honestly.
I asked three questions. I would appreciate if someone could answer. Please?

Yhor 09-20-09 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lo'oris (Post 159562)
I really don't see the problem.
Honestly.
I asked three questions. I would appreciate if someone could answer. Please?

The problem is, no one would use it enough to justify it's use/creation. I'd bet you yourself wouldn't use it, because it's specific to only a few conditions, for a few spells... wrapping it up into a major headache for an addon author to attempt to keep tuning it to where it will fit your needs. Macros are by far the best way for you to accomplish what you're asking for and are already implemented in game to do it. I'm not trying to sound brash, I just wanted to answer your question with a different point of view.

For your three questions..
1) I haven't seen one
2) I'm sure it is possible
3) It would have to exist before that could be answered

Vraan 09-20-09 04:27 PM

I've not seen any mouse-over healing addons ever, except in VuhDo I think. Someone -could- technically write you an AddOn for it, but not sure who would do that when you can already create it ten times easier with a macro, wich also wouldnt need to be updated when patches arrive.
But it's up to you of course, you could always try VuhDo if you are okay with new raidframes.

Cowmonster 09-20-09 04:43 PM

Forget about bartender and just load Macaroon. Create the macros on the buttons themselves.

Code:

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,nodead,noharm][exists,nodead,noharm][target=player] SpellName

This is the second best way to handle this next to using the in-game macro system as previously stated.

Lo'oris 09-22-09 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yhor (Post 159564)
The problem is, no one would use it enough to justify it's use/creation. I'd bet you yourself wouldn't use it, because it's specific to only a few conditions, for a few spells... wrapping it up into a major headache for an addon author to attempt to keep tuning it to where it will fit your needs. Macros are by far the best way for you to accomplish what you're asking for and are already implemented in game to do it. I'm not trying to sound brash, I just wanted to answer your question with a different point of view.

For your three questions..
1) I haven't seen one
2) I'm sure it is possible
3) It would have to exist before that could be answered

thank you : )