WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   patch 5.2 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45932)

aracthebold 03-04-13 03:57 PM

patch 5.2

The in game news states the patch will go live after maintenance tomorrow.

thanks

Pinthalion 03-05-13 12:45 PM

Was wondering myself if there was going to be an update.

Any word? Would hate to login to the game tonight and have to turn off Carbonite.

Rythal 03-05-13 12:55 PM

you'll be disabling it.

I have 90% of it working, but I don't like pre-releasing something and saying it's compatable until the patch is out and I can make sure it really is, who knows what they will change between PTR and Live.

The alpha release works on 5.2, but only has the two new islands added, not the scenarios or raid... I need to login and get the exact names for those instances then copy everything over to the the 5.1 release, add in the carbonite is dead long live carbonite2 message and then release.

And I can't start any of that until i get home from work :|

belladonis85 03-05-13 03:40 PM

Thanks again

I just wanted to thank you again Rythal for all the work you are putting into making carbonite a great addon once again. Iv been using carbonite since BC so you are truely my WoW hero lol.

NoggenFogger 03-05-13 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 273960)
you'll be disabling it.

Quote:

I have 90% of it working, but I don't like pre-releasing something and saying it's compatable until the patch is out and I can make sure it really is, who knows what they will change between PTR and Live.

The alpha release works on 5.2, but only has the two new islands added, not the scenarios or raid... I need to login and get the exact names for those instances then copy everything over to the the 5.1 release, add in the carbonite is dead long live carbonite2 message and then release.

Rythal, I just wanted say "Thank you" again as many other have.

I've been using theVersion: 5.2.1 Alpha 3 On the live 5.2 server, and so far I'm VERY pleased with the new Component style of the Carbonite Addon. I know you will be humble and say something like "It's still not done" or "I still have a lot I want to do" and that is all perfectly well and good, but I think it is nearly time you stand up and take a big 'ol /bow for the awesome work you have done to resuscitate this much loved Addon.

Subzero7 03-05-13 05:58 PM

Absolutely!!!

I Agree, you are THE MAN Rythal. Thanks for all the hard work you've done. Can't thank you enough.

Rythal 03-05-13 07:45 PM

just an update on what's going on.... the delay in the 5.2 version is because I know if I release it as it is, anyone not using enUS will be here saying it doesn't work for them.... so i'm doing an overhaul of map names to auto localize themselves and avoid it from happening.

I also need to find out why a giant arrow is appearing on the map.

NoggenFogger 03-05-13 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 274016)
just an update on what's going on.... the delay in the 5.2 version is because I know if I release it as it is, anyone not using enUS will be here saying it doesn't work for them.... so i'm doing an overhaul of map names to auto localize themselves and avoid it from happening.

I also need to find out why a giant arrow is appearing on the map.

No worries, at least not from here. I'm always willing to wait for a clean update instead of a rushed and broken one. Plus, your communication is awesome, and has been from the start. At the very least, if you tell me you are working on it, rather than sit in silence and make me wonder, then I'm more than willing to wait. :)

Again & Again... Thank you Rythal.

Rythal 03-05-13 11:44 PM

progress update before I head to bed... it's almost finished, it generates all the map names using localized language.... what i'm trying to deal with now is duplicates since things like the two scenarios in Kasarang Wilds, return Kasarang Wilds as there localized name instead of the scenario name.

Griindtl 03-06-13 12:46 AM

Thanks for all your hard work

Quote:

you'll be disabling it.

<sniffle~!> I had to do without my Carbonite today. It looks like it may be awhile before the update for 5.2 is ready. I doubt my pitiful donations are sufficient to allow you to quit your day time job, but WoW is a better world because of all you do. I just want to tell you how much I appreciate it, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Pinthalion 03-06-13 07:01 AM

Thanks for all the effort on this Rythal. Kudos to you. I've still been running the current version today by allowing out of date addons, and it's not causing me any grief. I can appreciate you not wanting to release anything that isn't 100% ready. But at least I have a temp workaround until it's ready.

Rythal 03-06-13 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinthalion (Post 274063)
Thanks for all the effort on this Rythal. Kudos to you. I've still been running the current version today by allowing out of date addons, and it's not causing me any grief. I can appreciate you not wanting to release anything that isn't 100% ready. But at least I have a temp workaround until it's ready.

... by current version do you mean 5.1.2 .... or 5.2.1, cuz 5.1.x should not be working at all since it see's isle of giants, and isle of thunder in the zone lists and freaks out not knowing what they are..... at least on PTR that's what happened.

Caltis 03-06-13 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 274065)
... by current version do you mean 5.1.2 .... or 5.2.1, cuz 5.1.x should not be working at all since it see's isle of giants, and isle of thunder in the zone lists and freaks out not knowing what they are..... at least on PTR that's what happened.

I am running 5.1.2. The only time Carbonite freaks out is when I go to do any of the quests in the areas it dose not know. I just told WOW to load out of date addons.

Rythal 03-06-13 09:30 AM

good to know... I almost took today off work just to keep working on it (but in the end thought bad idea when I just started less then a month ago lol) since I thought the whole addon was dead until I released next version..... now i'm not feeling as much pressure on my shoulders :P still has to get fixed but not critically.

wildrizzo88 03-06-13 11:51 AM

Button Bar

I know this is in no way a top priority at the moment, but when the buttons are placed in the bar instead of on minimap I used to be able to have more than 10 columns to make the bar horizontal. It now only allows 10 and makes 2 rows. Keep up the good work. You do an amazing job.

ozzydreamer 03-06-13 02:37 PM

Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you do on this addon. This addon is so crucial to my game play. I do hope the new version (Carbonite 2) comes out soon. Thanks again for all of your hard work.:banana::D:banana:

Muezick 03-06-13 03:39 PM

Thank you Rythal!!!!!!!!!

Strayed 03-06-13 04:00 PM

Missing my npcscan overlay though :(

Rythal 03-06-13 06:55 PM

scrapping my plan to redo the zone localization... way to much work needs to go into it so i'll save it until I'm at that stage of the 2.0 release, copying 5.1.2 now to do the updates needed.

Necrosage 03-06-13 07:29 PM

Rythal

I'm also running 5.1.2 which appears to be fully functional except of course it's missing the maps for the new zone. There is one issue I've noticed however, when the main map is opened and you cursor over the various zones it no longer shows you the details of the zone you have your cursor over. As I have mine set to show details for max of 3 zones it would cycle through each as I moved my cursor over them but now it just appears to be stuck. It changes appropriately when you actually move your toon through the zones but this way I can no longer see the flight paths, inns, etc. without actually entering that zone. I'm not sure how the latest patch could have affected that but you may want to keep an eye out for it as you're basing your update off this version.

As always thanks and keep up the great work :D

Necro