WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cataclysm Beta (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   The Belf Warrior WAH WAH (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34327)

Ither 08-04-10 04:55 PM

The Belf Warrior WAH WAH

Ok so I started messing with Belf warriors and I must say;

1. Given their nature and story I find it difficult to see a warrior.

2. What the hell is up with the goofy animation attacks?! The female is sexy when she does the "SWirl I cut his pee pee off move", but the guy WtF? I thought I was watching a magic show for a second.

Petrah 08-04-10 06:34 PM

Didn't we deja this vu?

EvilMallet 08-04-10 07:01 PM

So they can have warriors that use slight amounts of magic (ret) but no magic and oh my god it's a different race?

Dawn 08-04-10 07:14 PM

It was a design flaw to not allow them being warriors, because any other race can be one.

Now when it comes to whether it makes sense or not ... just remember, Gnomes can be warriors, too. And there are plenty more class race/combinations that make even less sense (thinking of all the new ones cataclysm will bring into the game). :rolleyes:

Sec 08-04-10 09:15 PM

Paladins wield swords, shields and other heavy weaponry, but they use magic to assist them. Specifically, they utilize the Light.

Warriors wield swords, shields and other heavy weaponry, but do not utilize the Light to assist them.

I honestly see no problem with the addition of a warrior class for Blood Elves.

The way I rationalize Blizzard's decision is that with Burning Crusade, they wished to give the Horde access to the Paladin class, and the Alliance the Shaman class. As such, they gave the Blood Elves the Paladin class as it fit into the lore as being the one race who's usage of the Light was most plausible - remember, this is before the Tauren discuss the Light and rationalize it with their Earthmother/sun worship and Forsaken Paladins are a hotly discussed but less plausible combination. Perhaps they did not want to give the Blood Elves too many classes as they were not prepared to do the same for other races, and so they refrained from giving the BE the Warrior class until Cataclysm.

As for the special attack animations... Well, I am not in beta to comment on anything that may be Warrior-specific, and I've no access to model viewer so I'm just going to go on a whim and say... They're Blood Elves. If their actions look too fluid and border on the line of it looking like they're casting spells instead of cleaving swords... They're a magical, graceful, proud, egotistical, narcissistic race. I'm not surprised they'd not look all "RAWR HACK SLASH KILL". ^^''

Dawn 08-04-10 09:58 PM

I'm pretty sure they are using the same animations in cataclysm as they do now. Playing a paladin - blood elf animations for close combat are ... well ... a matter of taste. Let me just say: I liked my human paladin more (at least animation/movement wise), and humans are a boring race in a fantasy world. :rolleyes:

After all it is a matter of taste...

voodoodad 08-04-10 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 201334)
Didn't we deja this vu?

Thank you for the new sig line!:p

Petrah 08-04-10 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 201365)
Thank you for the new sig line!:p

Anything for you! <3 ;)

Ither 08-05-10 08:21 AM

You people amuse me.

Horrid 08-05-10 08:52 AM

be warriors would have been to OP at release of bc because of the racial ablities,at least that's what i remember reading about it at the time :)

Ither 08-10-10 01:24 PM

I'm excited! I have a fetish with Blood Elves and I won't play any other Horde race. I started an Orc, but I couldn't finish it. I would love a 2H Fury and I just think a female Belf with some big freaking 2H's swing around like a raged-infested PMS'n hooligan will be AWESOME!

If you thought I was "bickering" I wasn't. I was laughing more at the animations because I never realized it was the same on my DK and my Paladin. LOL.