WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Nui and 3.3.5? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33338)

Crozula 06-22-10 06:47 PM

Nui and 3.3.5?

So, i know you are mostly focused on nui6 right now and getting it out and working, but today is patch day, and the majority of NUI is no longer working for me at all. The graphic is still at the bottum and the action bars function, but the chat frame has been moved and is the default chat frame, and omen/recount/(other addons that normally show up in the bottum right) are all just stacked on top of each other. I have no user frames, no target frames, no cast bars...

Is anyone else getting this problem? If so, is there a fix in the works, or are we waiting until nui6 gets released?

Msecorsky 06-22-10 06:48 PM

Same here.

Xrystal 06-22-10 06:49 PM

The right hand side frames are probably bugged due to my chat frame plugins which have the same bug as the main chat frame in nUI due to the chat frame changes.

I was in the process of working on the chat frame stuff today when it decided to hit live so I didn't get the opportunity to fix my addons. But I do have a minor fix for the main chat frame if Scott doesn't get there first :D

Lurpa 06-22-10 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 193261)
The right hand side frames are probably bugged due to my chat frame plugins which have the same bug as the main chat frame in nUI due to the chat frame changes.

I was in the process of working on the chat frame stuff today when it decided to hit live so I didn't get the opportunity to fix my addons. But I do have a minor fix for the main chat frame if Scott doesn't get there first :D

Ya its definatly not usable right now. Sad Face!

moonside 06-22-10 07:20 PM

Nui 5.06.21

ui is quite broken with tonights patch....
quest objectives box has moved, map has relocated and reverted to default blizz map, chat box has moved and all the additional condensed addons are piled upon each other...ie: grid, skada etc.

Thank you for the continued support but the ui is currently unusable with 3.3.5 unfortunately.

Moonside

Djinn.Crimsora 06-22-10 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crozula (Post 193258)
So, i know you are mostly focused on nui6 right now and getting it out and working, but today is patch day, and the majority of NUI is no longer working for me at all. The graphic is still at the bottum and the action bars function, but the chat frame has been moved and is the default chat frame, and omen/recount/(other addons that normally show up in the bottum right) are all just stacked on top of each other. I have no user frames, no target frames, no cast bars...

Is anyone else getting this problem? If so, is there a fix in the works, or are we waiting until nui6 gets released?

I'm running into this also, and I'm also seeing the minimap being back in its original position at the top-right of the game screen.

LordBaldric 06-22-10 07:31 PM

It's a safe bet until we give Scott a chance to fix it up, its likely NOT going to work until then. Be patient folks, if Blizzard in all its glory can't get the servers up working after over 12 hours, give Scott a few hours to fix all their screw ups :)

spiel2001 06-22-10 07:34 PM

Patch 3.3.5 broke nUI's chat frame management. I'm working on a fix and will put out an update asap.

Xrystal 06-22-10 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordBaldric (Post 193290)
It's a safe bet until we give Scott a chance to fix it up, its likely NOT going to work until then. Be patient folks, if Blizzard in all its glory can't get the servers up working after over 12 hours, give Scott a few hours to fix all their screw ups :)

Rofl nice one :D

Djinn.Crimsora 06-22-10 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 193295)
Patch 3.3.5 broke nUI's chat frame management. I'm working on a fix and will put out an update asap.

Know what's kind of weird?

While nUI5.X is having issues, having nUI6 active along with it actually causes everything to return to normal...

spiel2001 06-22-10 08:38 PM

Yeah -- nUI6's unit frames load independently of the other nUI5 unit frames... so when nUI5 breaks because of the chat bug, the nUI6 load still works because it doesn't try to modify the chat frame.

patrick51 06-22-10 10:46 PM

Chat window

If you have more then one chat window it is offseting the second one under the tab, Which pushes the text into the action bars

triple6heretic 06-23-10 09:00 PM

well hey the minimap still wont get put to where nUI+ used to have it... its still up in the top right like the default blizzard UI is... do I have to update to the nUI6 alpha to fix this?

spiel2001 06-23-10 09:18 PM

Did you try '/nui minimap'

?

drakkz 06-23-10 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not that you needed to know that NUI was broken, but I just wanted to post the errors I have received in case they can be of any help.

Realm: Eredar
Patch: It says 3.3.5 on the logon screen but im not sure I believe it
Version: 5.06.24+

Message: ...I\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:162: attempt to index global 'Skada' (a nil value)
Time: 06/23/10 23:18:46
Count: 1
Stack: ...I\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:162: in function `sizeChanged'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:803: in function `applyScale'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:908: in function `applyOptions'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:937: in function `applySkin'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:252: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:137>

Locals: scale = 0.58461538941301
height = 162.52307825682
width = 391.79489939245
options = <table> {
enabled = true
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'Skada' (a nil value)"
plugin = nUI_InfoPanel_Skada {
options = <table> {
}
0 = <userdata>
initPanel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:148
setSelected = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:305
sizeChanged = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:159
active = true
selected = false
setEnabled = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:231
container = nUI_InfoPanel_SkadaContainer {
}
}

I also tried going to version 5.06.20 as a rollback and got the following error

Message: ...youts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:406: attempt to index local 'bottom' (a nil value)
Time: 06/23/10 23:16:46
Count: 1
Stack: ...youts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:406: in function `setEnabled'
...youts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:204: in function `initPanel'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:793: in function `applyScale'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:908: in function `applyOptions'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:937: in function `applySkin'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:252: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:137>

Locals: enabled = true
bottom = nil
down = nil
up = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = 2
(*temporary) = "attempt to index local 'bottom' (a nil value)"
plugin = nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog {
enabled = true
options = <table> {
}
0 = <userdata>
combattab_parent = UIParent {
}
initPanel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:194
combatlog_parent = UIParent {
}
setSelected = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:464
sizeChanged = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:249
active = true
selected = false
setEnabled = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua:303
container = nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLogContainer {
}
}
COMBAT_LOG = ChatFrame2 {
0 = <userdata>
flashTimer = 0
isInitialized = 1
tellTimer = 361234.585
resizeButton = ChatFrame2ResizeButton {
}
buttonFrame = ChatFrame2ButtonFrame {
}
oldAlpha = 0
channelList = <table> {
}
clickAnywhereButton = ChatFrame2ClickAnywhereButton {
}
editBox = ChatFrame2EditBox {
}
isLocked = 1
name = "Combat Log"
isStaticDocked = true
zoneChannelList = <table> {
}
buttonSide = "left"
messageTypeList = <table> {
}
}

Thanks for the continued support Scott et al.!!!

spiel2001 06-23-10 09:29 PM

Yup... the 5.06.25 hot fix should take care of that error.

drakkz 06-23-10 09:37 PM

Thanks for the quick response and fix! Works great now!

triple6heretic 06-23-10 10:57 PM

yes i tried using /nui minimap but the minimap wont go back to the center of the nUI console, it still stays in the upper right, and none of the unit frames show up either... recount and omen still stay where the minimap should be

honkabull 06-24-10 04:34 AM

Still broke for me

1 Attachment(s)
I posted a screen shot so you can see the visual problems, otherwise I'm not sure how to capture all the problems in words. They are basic functionality issues not with plugins.

Here is what is missing.
- Targeting reticules
- Health Bars (Self & Target)
- Raid & Group Portraits & Bars
- Raid & Group button
- None of the things on right work at all ie. minimap, chat... I can click button and move through them but nothing shows.

Full Version:
5.06.25 (Plus)
Date:
06-23-2010 10:57 PM

spiel2001 06-24-10 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triple6heretic (Post 193866)
yes i tried using /nui minimap but the minimap wont go back to the center of the nUI console, it still stays in the upper right, and none of the unit frames show up either... recount and omen still stay where the minimap should be

Are you playing on an EU server? If you are, then you should *not* be using any nUI version newer than 5.06.21 -- if you are playing on a US server, then see this post and see if it helps: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...32&postcount=7