WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Time for a UI reset. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35392)

Sythalin 10-12-10 02:14 PM

Time for a UI reset.

Think I'm going to do a complete overhaul on my UI and get rid of bugged/old/garbage saved vars over the past year or so. Mmmm, nuking of the saved variable files. I usually do it every major release just to get things cleaned up, try some new layout and give some new addons a whirl.

Just curious if anyone else does the same thing.

MidgetMage55 10-12-10 02:17 PM

.... i like tacos

Since I'm always changing things and making new layouts, I tend to just carry on with business as usual.

Though the occasional clean of the saved variables folders for addons I've stopped using is probably a good idea.

sakurakira 10-12-10 02:20 PM

Yep, same thing for me. :D

Haleth 10-12-10 02:25 PM

I did a bit of a core rewrite of my UI, but since it doesn't use saved vars I don't need to worry about that :)

Spectrezh 10-12-10 02:26 PM

Yea, I also keep changing new UIs etc so mine atm is very light. I deleted alot of old and unused addons so as long as I update my current ones, I won't be needing any major rehauls :)

Coote 10-12-10 02:42 PM

I'll be starting from scratch, but I've got the feeling the same overall feel is going to stay about the same.

Sythalin 10-12-10 02:50 PM

About the only saved vars I'll be keeping is my Auctioneer data. Been building that DB for way to long to start it over. :rolleyes:

Xinhuan 10-12-10 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosInc (Post 208923)
About the only saved vars I'll be keeping is my Auctioneer data. Been building that DB for way to long to start it over. :rolleyes:

You should start it over anyway, as prices will change drastically on Cata Launch.

Ravendwyr 10-12-10 03:16 PM

I like tacos. :D
And no... I shall not overhaul much. I'm too busy making my own stuff work first. :p

Flarin 10-12-10 03:20 PM

I will be ditching TukUI for gUI to try it out - I like both but Goldpaw has some really cool stuff cooking up that I want to try out.

Sythalin 10-12-10 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinhuan (Post 208931)
You should start it over anyway, as prices will change drastically on Cata Launch.

This thought already crossed my mind. ;)

Diagnostics 10-12-10 03:57 PM

Already got my TukUI update downloaded for 4.0.1. Just need to do a clean install once the servers go live!

Then, of course, wait for the few other mods I use to be updated.

Led ++ 10-12-10 04:46 PM

Redoing my UI is like a weekly job.

Tho a major patch is a good excuse to delete everything and just start over again.

Been tinkering a few hours with a text based UI today. Will see what it brings tomorrow.

Petrah 10-12-10 05:59 PM

No choice for me but to redo what I use as it will be completely broken with this patch. Not really looking forward to it either. /pout

Cyn325 10-13-10 01:42 PM

I won't be completely redoing mine. Mine is fairly basic tho so all I really need to do is clean out a few that are broken or obsolete. Been a while since I cleaned out the obsolete instead of just deactivating them lol. :o

haylie 10-13-10 02:02 PM

Tacos are awesome.

But if I were still playing the game, I'd just delete all addons and play with the default UI for a while. There are so many class mechanics and default UI changes that blindly replacing everything before you've got a feel for your class/role, what resources the default UI provides and how well it fulfills your needs is just plain dumb IMO.

OldHarry 10-13-10 02:19 PM

I go through on a fairly regular basis and delete what I no longer use, or works and then add mods that work better or do a better job of what I am looking for.

acapela 10-13-10 03:11 PM

i have to do the same thing on ever major patch. disable all addons, delete all saved variables, re-enable addons one at a time in personal priority order, see what still works, if necessary find functional replacements that can provide an important feature, reconfigure/reassemble my UI, etc...

but all of this will have to wait. over rural DSL, it apparently now takes 36+ hours to download enough of a major production patch (approx 5.25Gb, i.e. more than a traditional DVD's worth of data) to even bring a character up :(.

bill_med87 10-13-10 03:41 PM

As an above poster said, I intendo on clearing out my Auctioneer data when Cata hits. Won't clear the XPerl config or Gatherer DB, though.
In fact, maybe i am FORCED to clear Gatherer too, if the Kalimdor and EK maps change too drastically after Cata... =(

For now, I am keeping the broken addons until the authors had a chance to work on them. The ones that still donīt work in a week or so will be... well, TRASHED...

Ferous 10-13-10 08:55 PM

I kind of like Tacos.