WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   nUI causes some severe framerate loss (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32752)

Malrok 05-25-10 05:00 PM

nUI causes some severe framerate loss

I've had to stop using nUI lately due to framerate loss in cities and battlegrounds.

At first I thought I just needed a reboot, or to restart WoW. Then I suspected inefficiency in the mod may be the cause of the low framerates. I did a test - I turned off nUI and turned back on ICE HUD, Forte and all the other mods I had used prior to using NUI.

I consistently had 60 fps sitting still in the same location in Dalaran, not moving the camera or anything else. When I spun the camera around it lowered a few frames, but nothing visually noticable.

Then I logged out, turned off the other mods, re-enabled nUI, and logged back in the exact same location, same camera angle, no movement of any kind. 36 fps. I spun the camera around it it was worse.

To validate again, I logged out agian, turned off nUI, re-enabled the other mods and logged back in. Back up to 60 fps.

Conclusion - nUI has some inefficiencies that are causing significant loss of framerates. Trying to do competitive pvp in such an environment just doesn't work, so I had to disable nUI.

Love to see this fixed so I can try it out again.

(I have a great system and run at high detail, maxed clipping, etc.)

spiel2001 05-25-10 06:18 PM

Did you try any of the solutions in the FAQ, etc?

That said, it is a known issue that some people have some serious FPS leak issues in raids which is one of the core focuses of the nUI6 development effort.

edrialyse 05-25-10 08:20 PM

then put out an alpha or beta of nUI 6 already Scott!!! don't make me dance for you on webcam and send you lots of cash...

Chmee 05-25-10 10:06 PM

Waiting is... Waiting for fullness is.

spiel2001 05-26-10 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edrialyse (Post 189503)
don't make me dance for you on webcam and send you lots of cash...

~roflmfao~

Why am I suddenly feeling the need to slow down development on nUI6?

(like anyone could tell)

:D

Xrystal 05-26-10 09:16 AM

Okay girls ... stand down .. cover up .. and don't show him anything .. rofl

And no cookies for Scott rofl.

Maybe that will convince him to hurry up rofl.

spiel2001 05-26-10 11:11 AM

But...

But...

But...

(kicks the cat)

MidgetMage55 05-26-10 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 189619)
But...

But...

But...

(kicks the cat)

(catches the cat and runs it in for a touchdown)

Id like to thank my family, my coach and my hair stylist for this moment.

whereswaldo 05-26-10 01:39 PM

Another nUI thread successfully derailed...:banana::banana::banana::banana:

todd0168 05-26-10 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 (Post 189621)
(catches the cat and runs it in for a touchdown)

Id like to thank my family, my coach and my hair stylist for this moment.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

edrialyse 05-26-10 05:11 PM

Okay that does it, I'm going to need his complete address in my PM box by tonight. I am mailing Scott a whole container of my famous homemade toffee.

They're called Affairs...because she'll only leave you if you don't share!

(Yes thats actually their name and little slogan...working on a copyright thingie)

you will complete nui 6 or i shall send the daleks after you :banana::banana:

oh and i want one of them fancy nui user and support things under my avatar sidebar thingie like Xrystal...i most certainly am not a deviate faerie dragon....although i am deviant!

Dramber 05-26-10 05:47 PM

:banana:

edrialyse 05-26-10 06:51 PM

LOL! That is win. Have you seen whats inside those machines tho? fricking creepy little ****s.