WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released AddOns (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   EquipCompare (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2597)

Legorol 12-09-05 12:40 AM

EquipCompare

You can find EquipCompare here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4392

Leave feedback in this thread. I will drop in on occasion and read it.

Beladona 12-09-05 12:53 AM

probably the only addon that has stayed in my collection from day 1, and I haven't actually ripped apart and rewritten :D

good work Legorol, and thanks for finally bringing it over to wowi!

scmswstl 12-13-05 03:10 PM

This is the Localization of Simplified Chinese ...

1 Attachment(s)
:D
I've translated it into Simplified Chinese .

Legorol 12-13-05 06:04 PM

Thank you very much for the Simplified Chinese localization, it's absolutely awesome! I can't check if it makes sense or not :) , but I've added it to EquipCompare.

There is one line in the .toc file that is missing localization, it's this text:
"Compare items easily with ones you have equipped (2.9.5)"
would you be able to translate this as well? Thanks!

Busko 10-19-08 04:41 AM

Hi im wondering if there is any option to make the window that showing your current equiped item a little bigger. Problem is that with my current ui settings etc the text gets a little bit to small... and its very hard to see.

Thanks for a great addon :D:banana:

Narune 10-25-08 05:42 AM

EquipCompare seems to be mixing up MH, and OH weapond in 3.02

I'm having trouble with the comparisons in WoW3.02 when dual wielding. It seems to be mixing up the hand that I am carrying the weapons in. It compares my MH weapon to OH weapons that I mouse over, and vice versa. For example, if I had a MH weapon equipped, and moused over another MH weapon in my bag it shows the comparison tip to the one I am carrying in my off hand. It seems to recognize that those specific types of weapons are only usable in one hand, but is mixing them up somewhere along the line. I've never noticed this behavior before.

bbcupid 10-25-08 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narune (Post 106751)
I'm having trouble with the comparisons in WoW3.02 when dual wielding. It seems to be mixing up the hand that I am carrying the weapons in. It compares my MH weapon to OH weapons that I mouse over, and vice versa. For example, if I had a MH weapon equipped, and moused over another MH weapon in my bag it shows the comparison tip to the one I am carrying in my off hand. It seems to recognize that those specific types of weapons are only usable in one hand, but is mixing them up somewhere along the line. I've never noticed this behavior before.

im having the same issue. when i move my mouse over a weap in my bag it compares it to my off-hand item.

i.e. compares a main-hand mace in my bag to my shield i have equip and not my main-hand weap.

Thrashfinger 11-08-08 04:55 AM

Off-hand "as intended" behavior (not bug) fix for EquipCompare v2.13

Works with WoW v3.0.3:

The following code modification will resolve the "as intended" behavior which
currently (when items are equipped in both weapon slots) shows only the
equipped "off-hand" item for comparison if you hover over a "main hand" or
"two-hand" item.

Open the EquipCompare.lua file.

Change line 1237:
if ( itype == INVTYPE_WEAPON ) then

To:
if ( itype == INVTYPE_WEAPON ) or ( itype == INVTYPE_WEAPONMAINHAND ) then

This behavior (not bug) fix works, but with one noted side effect. After this
change is applied, "main hand" only items will be compared to equipped items
in both weapon slots, including "off-hand" only items and "one hand" items
equipped in the "off-hand" slot. However, "off-hand" only items will only be
compared to (if equipped) an "off-hand" slotted item. Although this may not be
perfect or ideal, I believe this quick and dirty fix (showing both items in
both weapon slots) is more user-friendly than the "as intended" behavior which
currently looks and feels more like a "bug" (based on user feedback here).

NOTE:
I do not know if this adversely affects other addons that have hooks for
EquipCompare. I use a small selection of addons and have not noticed any
conflicts.

Thrashfinger 11-08-08 11:17 AM

Tooltip rendered (partially/completely) off screen fix for EquipCompare v2.13

Works with WoW v3.0.3:

The following code modifications should resolve most (if not all) issues with
wide comparative tooltip frames being displayed (partially or completely) off
screen. This change repositions dual comparative tooltip frames when there are
two slots that an item can be equipped in (ie, rings, trinkets, weapons). The
comparative tooltip frames will appear above/below one another instead of to
their left/right, but will still be rendered left/right of the main tootlip.

(1) line is moved
(2) lines are modified
(1) line is added

I recommend you copy/paste the "To" code below (without line numbers) over the
existing code in the EquipCompare.lua file.

Open the EquipCompare.lua file.

Change lines 1259-1267:

----
Code:

1259:        -- Now place it in its rightful place
1260:        ComparisonTooltip2:ClearAllPoints();
1261:        if ( leftAlign ) then
1262:                ComparisonTooltip1:ClearAllPoints();
1263:                ComparisonTooltip2:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", tooltip:GetName(), "TOPLEFT", 0, -10);
1264:                ComparisonTooltip1:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", "ComparisonTooltip2", "TOPLEFT", 0, 0);
1265:        else
1266:                ComparisonTooltip2:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", "ComparisonTooltip1", "TOPRIGHT", 0, 0);
1267:        end

To:
----
Code:

-- Now place it in its rightful place
                ComparisonTooltip1:ClearAllPoints();
                ComparisonTooltip2:ClearAllPoints();
                if ( leftAlign ) then
                        ComparisonTooltip2:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", tooltip:GetName(), "TOPLEFT", 0, -10);
                        ComparisonTooltip1:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", "ComparisonTooltip2", "BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0);
                else
                        ComparisonTooltip2:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", tooltip:GetName(), "TOPRIGHT", 0, -10);
                        ComparisonTooltip1:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", "ComparisonTooltip2", "BOTTOMLEFT", 0, 0);
                end

I am sure there are much more complicated, or maybe even some cleaner ways,
to accomplish similar changes to the relative frame layout that would yield
similar results. This just happens to be one of the quick and dirty methods.

NOTE:
One side effect I observed was that this change does not appear to
"work and play well" with the ALT button functionality.

zoktar 11-15-08 03:17 AM

Hi great addon, i have a feature request, while hovering over an item add with modifier, to also compare item with same type of items in bank and bags. what im looking for is a easy way to determine gear that i find or roll on. for druids and palas for example have to keep track of 3-4+ sets of gear. this way hovering over say a head slot item that is gonna be rolled for and holding say shift, i would be able to see currently equiped, in bags and in bank just adding more tooltips. that way i could determine weather i need the item or not, and quickly (example=pug rolling can go very fast) would be most awsome. cheers.

blackpandemic 11-15-08 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoktar (Post 109259)
Hi great addon, i have a feature request, while hovering over an item add with modifier, to also compare item with same type of items in bank and bags. what im looking for is a easy way to determine gear that i find or roll on. for druids and palas for example have to keep track of 3-4+ sets of gear. this way hovering over say a head slot item that is gonna be rolled for and holding say shift, i would be able to see currently equiped, in bags and in bank just adding more tooltips. that way i could determine weather i need the item or not, and quickly (example=pug rolling can go very fast) would be most awsome. cheers.

Not sure this is entirely possible and if it is, it would be a tremendous memory hog.

zoktar 11-15-08 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpandemic (Post 109262)
Not sure this is entirely possible and if it is, it would be a tremendous memory hog.

Well i dont relly know why that would be, theres plenty of addons that alreday remember ur bank inv, and ur bags, if u knew what to look for u could look up any bank/bag/wearing item with say sanity2 addon(without beeing at bank ofc), but it would take alot longer time to compare items that are beeing rolled on to what u have in bank/bags and wearing. why would it be such a memory hog?, (im no expert coder, but sanity2 wich saves your bank items, bag items, wearing item even on alts. since is has all the info stored all that would be needed i to make a addon to compare items by slot on modifer with tooltips. im sure theres a lightweight approch to this.

Narune 11-15-08 08:35 PM

"as intended"! I certainly hope that's a joke.

Psoewish 11-15-08 09:00 PM

A better "as intended" function would be to show both the main and offhand as currently equipped tooltips next to each other? :P

Narune 12-02-08 02:31 AM

As Intended

I think a good "as intended" behavior would be to show your main hand compared to your boots, or possibly all items compared to your boots. lol

Egnaz 12-02-08 12:59 PM

If added the code above but in some cases I got another error:

Using German Client:

Error:
[2008/12/02 19:59:11-204-x1]: EquipCompare-2.14\EquipCompare.lua:1277: attempt to compare number with nil
EquipCompare-2.14\EquipCompare.lua:1123: in function `EquipCompare_CheckCompare'
EquipCompare-2.14\EquipCompare.lua:765: in function `EquipCompare_OnUpdate'
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

Any ideas ?

Egnaz 12-04-08 12:13 PM

Has nobody a solution?

redneck7433 12-07-08 08:41 PM

error message

I had to turn off this mod because everytime I tried to compare something from the chat window I get a error message then everything I mouse over puts a gold value in the item window over the item in multiple places. any ideas? using wotlk

Psoewish 12-09-08 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck7433 (Post 111655)
I had to turn off this mod because everytime I tried to compare something from the chat window I get a error message then everything I mouse over puts a gold value in the item window over the item in multiple places. any ideas? using wotlk

What error message do you get?

Gibble 12-09-08 05:40 PM

I get a similar error when mousing over the buff icon for spellstone/firestone also using wotlk at work right now so not sure what the error message is (~_~)