WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Community Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Cataclysm Beta (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33671)

spiel2001 07-02-10 04:48 PM

Cataclysm Beta

Are there any nUI users who are participating in the Cataclysm beta?

Vis 07-02-10 04:57 PM

I opted in through Bnet but have not heard word one yet. If I manage to get lucky enough I'll let you know though :)

Xrystal 07-02-10 05:01 PM

I opted in but *sigh* no luck yet. Keep meaning to mention the guild competition to my guild master. Being an nUI user himself along with about 4 others I am aware of at the last count ( 2 signed up in the last few days rofl ) . From what I heard though is that addons aren't enabled at the moment.

Seer 07-03-10 03:07 AM

Off course I opted in... No luck so far. Was in the LK beta so I expect my changes are low..

Afraid of the "no addons" part of the beta tho :-p

Raesoth 07-03-10 12:38 PM

Whats a beta without sneaking in some ui changes :D

But ya .. like nUI 10 ... still waiting ... and waiting ... :D

spiel2001 07-03-10 05:26 PM

Well... I do have a beta key and, as already noted, addons are currently disabled. I will be creating a cut of nUI for Cataclysm when addons are enabled. At the moment, I an planning on *not* posting nUI5 to Cataclysm, only developing nUI6 for it. So, unless I end up behind a curve, nUI5 will die when Cataclysm goes live.

At least that's the plan... and like all battle plans, may not survive first contact with the enemy.

Cralor 07-03-10 09:21 PM

Hook me up spiel :D *nudge* *nudge*

Cairenn 07-03-10 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cralor (Post 195747)
Hook me up spiel :D *nudge* *nudge*

You're asking the wrong person .... *whistles an innocent little tune*

voodoodad 07-03-10 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 195754)
You're asking the wrong person .... *whistles an innocent little tune*

Ummm...

Cairenn, if I ask real nice would you hook ME up???

break19 07-30-10 06:54 AM

My level 81 pally would like a word with you, oh wait, you cant fly in stormwind yet, and I won't deign to touch the ground anymore..

Sorry dude.

Xrystal 07-30-10 07:02 AM

Wow, guess I posted here before I got the WoWI access to the beta.

Been testing the new low level azeroth quests on some lowbies and transferred my 3 80s and created 2 other 80s for 2 of our guild's main tanks.

I've been throwing screenshots up on my website for the guild members to look at.

iljott 07-31-10 01:39 AM

I've just got into the Cataclysm beta! :banana: Anything you need me to do Scott? Will be happy to help out!

spiel2001 07-31-10 07:30 AM

Until addons are enabled, there's little to do but explore cataclysm itself.

voodoodad 08-08-10 11:19 AM

Scott, with the new downloader being instituted in beta I'm wondering what kind of fresh hell the "play while patching" thing will take us to when it eventually goes live. It obviously changes the order of the way things are loaded when the player enters the world and I'm thinking this is gonna wreak havoc on all addons loaded as soon as that happens.

Have you looked for any documentation on this? I remember nUI having load-order problems in the last live patch or two, sooo...

I know, just something else to worry about...:rolleyes:

Xrystal 08-08-10 11:32 AM

They haven't released any information like that as far as I am aware voodoo. That sort of stuff they usually hand out about a week after they activate the new functionality. Hence the problem with the last patch due to the lack of information on the new chat frame changes.

voodoodad 08-08-10 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 201701)
They haven't released any information like that as far as I am aware voodoo. That sort of stuff they usually hand out about a week after they activate the new functionality. Hence the problem with the last patch due to the lack of information on the new chat frame changes.

Ok, just needless worrying on my part probably... But hey, that's what I do best!:D

Vis 08-08-10 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 201703)
Ok, just needless worrying on my part probably... But hey, that's what I do best!:D

I beg to differ there Voodoo. I believe, in my humble opinion of course, that you are either the best, or one of the best at Topic Derailment. My two cents at least, lol. :D

spiel2001 08-08-10 02:56 PM

Yeah... one of the things I've been trying to focus on with the code development for nUI6 is to get away from as much of this load dependency as I can. It's still a work in progress and I'm still awaiting some documentation as to what's up so I know what to anticipate.

It's probably going to boil down to just having to hammer it out by trial and error when the addons are enabled in the Beta.

voodoodad 08-08-10 04:03 PM

Yep. I can see a lot of lemmings jumping off some of the highest cliffs in Azeroth when they put out the pre-patch right before the Cataclysm release.

With major changes touching almost every aspect of the game, I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of authors scrambling to keep up.

Blizzard has a lot of kinks to iron out before then, especially with the new patch system. I've been at 100% since Thursday am, but its still taking a few seconds for the graphics to fill in around my character.

Xrystal 08-08-10 04:28 PM

Yep, the first addon I will be running is my event watcher addon. See what gets triggered at start up :D If I can see a set start up pattern it will help alot.