WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Customizing Layouts (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   [Scott] Would you, could you... (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24638)

Petrah 06-10-09 02:05 AM

[Scott] Would you, could you...

.... if you pretty please, if possible let me have the uncut top and bottom psd files for the current default layout? I'm thinking maybe I would like to try my hand at a layout. I might need help cutting it up though as I've not done very much of that in photoshop. :p

spiel2001 06-10-09 04:25 AM

I'll have to see if I can find them. I may not have them anymore.

havoxx 06-10-09 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 142359)
.... if you pretty please, if possible let me have the uncut top and bottom psd files for the current default layout? I'm thinking maybe I would like to try my hand at a layout. I might need help cutting it up though as I've not done very much of that in photoshop. :p

I have the templates in a post somewhere here in Customizing layouts, the thin and normal ones, no top ones though :D.

Petrah 06-10-09 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 142545)
I have the templates in a post somewhere here in Customizing layouts, the thin and normal ones, no top ones though :D.

I need the ones for top and bottom, for the current default layout :(

voodoodad 06-10-09 11:16 PM

I know I've missed it somewhere, probably, but is there a detailed tutorial for customizing skins and/or hud design? I would really enjoy getting into this. (If I ever find the time):D

Petrah 06-10-09 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 142594)
I know I've missed it somewhere, probably, but is there a detailed tutorial for customizing skins and/or hud design? I would really enjoy getting into this. (If I ever find the time):D

When you say tutorial, do you mean photoshop tutorial? I've seen instructions here and there, but not a tutorial.

Xrystal 06-11-09 01:30 AM

Nah, we've been asking for one but it's falling on deaf ears :D

spiritwulf 06-11-09 02:13 AM

Are we back to this again?

Would you, could you, with a gnome? Would you, could you, in the land of Rome? Would you, could you, with a Silenia? Would you, could you, within this milenia?

hehehehe

Petrah 06-11-09 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritwulf (Post 142609)

Would you, could you, with a gnome? Would you, could you, in the land of Rome? Would you, could you, with a Silenia? Would you, could you, within this milenia?

hehehehe

o.0

MidgetMage55 06-11-09 02:54 AM

Quote:

hehehehe

Ok i have to admit, that was creative and i got a giggle out of it.

spiel2001 06-11-09 04:09 AM

This thread contains a lot of info on the subject as I recall... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21404

voodoodad 06-11-09 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 142595)
When you say tutorial, do you mean photoshop tutorial? I've seen instructions here and there, but not a tutorial.

Nah, I meant more nUI specific. But thanks for reminding me of that thread, Scott.

spiel2001 06-11-09 06:35 AM

Well... I have actually had Cairenn create a user guide forum for me and I will soon be starting to populate it with all kinds of goodies for using nUI and for customizing it, as well.

So... soon soon. (yes... I am a Sims addict, too)

voodoodad 06-11-09 06:44 AM

Quote:

hehehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 142611)
o.0

Hmmm... Maybe Scott and Silenia should hook up...

Might have to start a "poll", purely for informational purposes of course. :D

spiel2001 06-11-09 06:49 AM

You calling me a Gnome? o.O

~lol~

voodoodad 06-11-09 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 142635)
You calling me a Gnome? o.O

~lol~

Gnomes, Dwarfs... They're all pretty much the same, aren't they?

(Don't tell Gimli I said that, I like my head placed pretty much where it is on the top of my neck. :D)

Xrystal 06-11-09 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 142633)
Well... I have actually had Cairenn create a user guide forum for me and I will soon be starting to populate it with all kinds of goodies for using nUI and for customizing it, as well.

So... soon soon. (yes... I am a Sims addict, too)

Rofl ... when I play sims 3 a few hours before a raid is due to start I have to log into vent cos I know for a fact I'll lost track of time :D

spiel2001 06-11-09 09:11 AM

~lol~

Yeah... biggest mistake I can possibly make it wake up a little early in the morning and decide since I have an extra half hour or hour I can do a couple of quests or feed my Sims and... oops... holy crap! I'm late for work *bolts out the door*

spiel2001 06-11-09 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 142359)

Okay... I just uploaded them to the site, since they're too big to be uploaded here. You can get the file via FTP from the contribute section or you can get them via http://www.nUIaddon.com/contribute/nUI_Design.psd

The file actually contains the Gloss Black and the Stone dashboards as well as the basis art I used for the Bas Relief and Dragon dashboards (sans the layer tweaks).

As for the "uncut upper console" -- by default nUI just vertically flips the dashboard to create the console. If you want to use different art for the console than you're using for the dashboard, then you still create it as though it were a dashboard (with the top edge at the bottom of the screen) so that when it is vertically flipped, it is oriented correctly.

Petrah 06-11-09 11:57 PM

Scott, you're awesome and I'm, well, a dork. I wasn't specific in what I wanted :( I was lookin for the Thin Grey dashboard set. However, it dawned on me how I can obtain it... or rather replicate it.

I used one of my own screenshots and resized it to 2560x1600. I then created a new layer and used the Rectangular Marquee Tool to trace an outlined box over the bottom half. If you hold down the Shift key and use the mouse, you can drag another box over it and both boxes will merge when you let go of the Shift key. Then I just filled it with a solid color.

It's amazing at how much you forget when you don't use a piece of software for a long time.

At any rate, I'm sorry that I screwed up in not being clear with what I wanted. Thank you for taking the time to put that psd file up!!!!